Middle class QVC ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just read this article and find it hilarious that the two presenters they actually mention are Andi Peters (part time!) and Clare Sutton (is she famous then?). Del Boy must be spitting tacks!!!!

Also, a special mention of "artisan" firm The Real Pie Company...... :mysmilie_46:
If you produce thousands of pies, in my opinion you are certainly not artisan, if that were the case then so are GREGGS....

I thought Lidl and Aldi were the destination shops for the middle classes?

There are things in these and other bargain shops similar to those being sold on Q V C.e.g Christmas decorations.The difference is the price and no p&p.All people want a bargain as no one wants to be'ripped off'.Oh and no presenters.

"Fans say they love the approach, as they get to see the pros and cons of every item".

:mysmilie_15:

"Any bargains?"

No.

I once read somewhere that people who consider themselves middle or upper class have been known to shop at Aldi or Lidl but pack their shopping in Waitrose bags so when they unload their car it looks the part. Joan Collins was once snapped with her hubby shopping at Aldi and it hit the newspapers lol.
I wouldn't say I was middle class but when I get the chance I will shop in Waitrose but when I go to LIDL it's normally tesco bags..

I browse through Marks and Sparks food hall...........then straight out the door the other side, have you seen those prices?! :whew:

Absolute bunkum!
You cannot categorize customers like this, pathetic! Most of their customers don't seem to get out to the shops very often, that's my observation and I think the posts on Fakebook confirm this theory, agree??

Absolute bunkum!
You cannot categorize customers like this, pathetic! Most of their customers don't seem to get out to the shops very often, that's my observation and I think the posts on Fakebook confirm this theory, agree??

What the lady they quoted in Aylesbury said worried me: "I pop QVC on my iPad while I’m getting ready for work ... It’s common for me to buy some face cream or a handbag with a quick tap on the app before I’ve even had breakfast". I (like I'm pretty sure most of you on here) would never just order something from QVC without spending a fair bit of time researching reviews and prices elsewhere. QVC must absolutely love her and customers like her who see something while they are rushing around doing other things and buy on impulse while they are distracted. I mean, I might have bought the odd thing after a glass or two but I don't make a habit of it over breakfast!

I thought Lidl and Aldi were the destination shops for the middle classes?

Only under cover of night. :mysmilie_14:

I once read somewhere that people who consider themselves middle or upper class have been known to shop at Aldi or Lidl but pack their shopping in Waitrose bags so when they unload their car it looks the part. Joan Collins was once snapped with her hubby shopping at Aldi and it hit the newspapers lol.

At our local Aldi & Lidl I can barely squeeze my Fiat Panda in alongside the Audis, Mercs and Range Rovers!

What the lady they quoted in Aylesbury said worried me: "I pop QVC on my iPad while I’m getting ready for work ... It’s common for me to buy some face cream or a handbag with a quick tap on the app before I’ve even had breakfast". I (like I'm pretty sure most of you on here) would never just order something from QVC without spending a fair bit of time researching reviews and prices elsewhere. QVC must absolutely love her and customers like her who see something while they are rushing around doing other things and buy on impulse while they are distracted. I mean, I might have bought the odd thing after a glass or two but I don't make a habit of it over breakfast!

OMG! Shopping is the last thing on my mind first thing in the morning! Agree, I always do my research and only buy what I need! :mysmilie_468:

Le Creuset has a shop near me on the dreaded "High Street" in Muswell Hill. I can't say I am particularly enamoured with some overpriced enamel saucepans in a retro shade of burnt orange, but hey - whatever bakes one's biscuit.

Le Creuset has a shop near me on the dreaded "High Street" in Muswell Hill. I can't say I am particularly enamoured with some overpriced enamel saucepans in a retro shade of burnt orange, but hey - whatever bakes one's biscuit.

thier ok i have been buying them for decades but now thier too heavy for my ailing limbs. plus i love steel with black and dark wood now. more pratical and sorry imo now more smarter i have moved on!

thier ok i have been buying them for decades but now thier too heavy for my ailing limbs. plus i love steel with black and dark wood now. more pratical and sorry imo now more smarter i have moved on!
Le Creuset is too expensive for me, however,
House of Fraser do something similar, my wife used to work there and when they had them 50% off, as a staff member she got a further 20% off so we're a bargain. I agree they are heavy but I like them. (Blue not burnt orange)

I've a couple of pieces of le creuset but I've moved on to non stick coated cast aluminium these days, far lighter for lifting, and also much easier to clean!

:mysmilie_494:
OMG! Shopping is the last thing on my mind first thing in the morning! Agree, I always do my research and only buy what I need! :mysmilie_468:

First thing in a morning????? Takes until nearly 11 o'clock for me to come round some days.

Latest posts

Back