Mismatched tanzanite earrings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mayday

Registered Shopper
I have just received a pair of Rhapsody trilliant cut tanzanite earrings all sealed in a plastic bag which I have not opened but it is glaringly obvious that one earring is a blue colour and the other is purple.
I was thinking of sending them back under DSR but feel that I should have both lots of postage refunded as I would classify them as faulty . I begrudge paying to phone CS and think I will email them . Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if it was satisfactorily resolved?

What a bummer Mayday, you don't expect such sloppiness with Rhapsody items :doh: but I would be inclined to open the bag and inspect them properly. I'm sure you will have no problem returning them under the DSR even if you had opened the bag to evaluate them properly and you are entitled to claim the return postage back as well. Give CS a call and inform them this is what you intend to do and if you get any grief ask to speak to Mike Wall, he's a diamond.

Thanks Sue , I'll think about doing that . In addition to the colour problem , the Certificate of Authenticity I received was for a totally differerent rubellite item and this is the second time I've had that problem.

The TJC website seems to be down again, couldn't get on to it last night either ! Not encouraging is it.

Good grief what a ****** shambles!! It's really sad the way this channel has gone downhill and it's hardly worth watching these days with all the crap on it. Oh for the good old days when Iliana and Rhapsody items were the norm and you could always rely on the quality and great service. It must be disheartening for the presenters too trying to big up all the rubbish they have to present.

I couldn't get TJC on tv in the old days but used to enjoy reading this forum where you all described your lovely items . I have been watching since we got freesat a couple of years ago but I think that what's on offer now is not as good as before .

I have emailed CS about the earrings and said I would be returning them under DSR and asked for my postage to be refunded both ways . In addition to the mismatch , I would also say tht I have AAA tanzanite in both small and larger stones which are a deeper colour than the AAAA that this purports to be. I know that the grading is not an Industry Standard and is down to the Retailer but I would expect a more intense colour for AAAA stones.

I had a problem with mismatched opal earrings - not rhapsody though- one earring had an opaque look to the opal the the other was fairly clear. I know opals are very different but surely matching them up with similar transparencies is obvious. They were a for a present but felt I couldn't gift them - returned and ad the hassle of the dreaded high street!
Would be really annoyed if it was their luxury range though - quality control..?.

Just to update on my earrings , I have been given a refund plus the cost of my postage both ways. A satisfactory result but still a nuisance having to send items back and wait
for the money to go back on your credit card. Incidentally I did have to ask for the postage to be refunded as no mention was made of this in the refund confirmation email!

Latest posts

Back