Model Frankie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I know she moved to the style channel as a fashion guest some time ago - does she still appear or has she left QVC for pastures new ?

Just being nosey.

She seems to have disappeared. Frankie was a good model, but a TERRIBLE presenter!
Some models have the potential... and Sam Ovens has been a resounding success.
I think Deborah-Anne could make the leap as I seem to remember her stepping in on some of the Bare Minerals shows.
Didn't Debbie who used to be the model on the Tova shows become the BA?

It is Sara, I'm not sure that hair suits her but if you've got curly, frizzy hair there's not a lot you can do with it. I can't think that she would have had it permed like that, it must be natural?

CC

Never mind them who is that scary blond woman with peroxide blond permed hair ? She was doing the Hobbs modelling yesterday.
She’s got a lovely figure, but she reminds me of the women who modelled the knitting patterns in Woman’s Weekly in the 1960’s (my Granny and Mum loved that magazine).
1716541570263.jpeg

It is Sara, I'm not sure that hair suits her but if you've got curly, frizzy hair there's not a lot you can do with it. I can't think that she would have had it permed like that, it must be natural?

CC
I have natural curly/frizzy hair, and I certainly don’t wear it like that, my trusty GHD’s are a life saver. When I first went into hairdressing in the mid/ late 60’s, every woman over about 40 had a shampoo and set, and left the salon looking like Sara. If you were over 40 you left looking like the queen, if younger it was Dusty Springfield!

I have natural curly/frizzy hair, and I certainly don’t wear it like that, my trusty GHD’s are a life saver. When I first went into hairdressing in the mid/ late 60’s, every woman over about 40 had a shampoo and set, and left the salon looking like Sara. If you were over 40 you left looking like the queen, if younger it was Dusty Springfield!

My late Mum loved Dusty Springfield - whenever I hear Dusty Springfield’s music I think of Mum.

I still think Sara is flipping scary looking though - it’s a really harsh look that she has.

I would love curly hair.
My son has it , the hairdressers always comment how lovely his hair is.
It morphs between Harry Styles and Michael Hutchence depending on how much nagging he gets to go to the hairdressers.
When he was a baby it was dark and straight. After his first cut it got a life of its own and the curls appeared.
We kept a picture of his poker straight hair to remind him.

The trouble with curly hair is 1) it has a life of its own, and 2) it doesn’t curl where you want it to!
Oh yes.Mine was so curly as child one hairdresser refused to cut it.Then through my teens (1960s) it just was not in fashion, in those days your hair just had to be straight there was no acceptance of anything else.Then Vidal S. brought in a curly cut and I came into my own, wow what a life changing moment! Now it still has a curve or kink or two but is rather tired of trying to curl and being straightened all the time, it has given up.

There's curly hair, and then there's curly hair liked Mum's home perm from the 60s. Is Sara an Eastern European? I'm surprised her agency doesn't recommend she updates her hairstyle perhaps shorter into a pixie cut like Cordelia.

Latest posts

Back