Models on Air.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Why do QVC have to treat their models as though they are invisible and almost superfluous on air? I was watching the Decleor show last night, with my favourite(!) presenter at the helm. (She set my bulls**t alarm off again - how can you use 10 pumps of Systeme Corps on each limb?) Poor Tania, who was the night's test model, was laying there and treated like a side of beef. She just stared off into space, never said a word and no one spoke to her at all - just across her. Compare this to IW - they ask their models questions about the products, how they feel when on, how they smell etc.. and the model is a part of the show. It's all relaxing and everyone feels involved and you end up getting some good feedback from those who are actually using the products. With QVC it's almost creepy and embarrassing that their models are almost non-existant in the studio. Is there any reason why they can't add to the show? I know they do sometimes, but not often.

To top it off, they had a t-caller and she was spoken to by Miss I, JF, the whole time. Fiona got a quiet goodbye in at the end and that was all, she wasn't even properly introduced and the caller ended up refer to her as the other woman or something similar! Why bother having a guest at all? Surely callers want to speak to the expert, not some self-appointed nobody with a big ego.

QVC are now so far up themselves, with haughty self-absorbed presenters, that they are becoming unwatchable. I find the whole experience unpleasant and it makes my blood boil! Still thing to get uptight about really, so I just don't watch anymore.

This explains why many of the models look so vacuous. I've been too ready to criticise them but it must be annoying being treated like this, but there are models that I don't like because they seem to pretend to be so 'into' the products it comes across as too fake and (Debbie)some of their expressions are just laughable, some of the models are just unattractive and others seem to be way, way past their prime.
I do like Tania though she had been there since I started watching, over 10 yrs ago so I'm sure she's getting something out of it.

Why do QVC have to treat their models as though they are invisible and almost superfluous on air? I was watching the Decleor show last night, with my favourite(!) presenter at the helm. (She set my bulls**t alarm off again - how can you use 10 pumps of Systeme Corps on each limb?) Poor Tania, who was the night's test model, was laying there and treated like a side of beef. She just stared off into space, never said a word and no one spoke to her at all - just across her. Compare this to IW - they ask their models questions about the products, how they feel when on, how they smell etc.. and the model is a part of the show. It's all relaxing and everyone feels involved and you end up getting some good feedback from those who are actually using the products. With QVC it's almost creepy and embarrassing that their models are almost non-existant in the studio. Is there any reason why they can't add to the show? I know they do sometimes, but not often.

To top it off, they had a t-caller and she was spoken to by Miss I, JF, the whole time. Fiona got a quiet goodbye in at the end and that was all, she wasn't even properly introduced and the caller ended up refer to her as the other woman or something similar! Why bother having a guest at all? Surely callers want to speak to the expert, not some self-appointed nobody with a big ego.

QVC are now so far up themselves, with haughty self-absorbed presenters, that they are becoming unwatchable. I find the whole experience unpleasant and it makes my blood boil! Still thing to get uptight about really, so I just don't watch anymore.

Why do they keep "me me me" Jill Franks and get rid of Debbie Greenwood who was a much better presenter. Like the Decleor Shows but as usual the presenter spoilt the show.

I have always liked the way the models are treated with respect on Ideal World. It's great to hear their opinions on the different products. On QVC they either just waft their clothes around when modelling 'fashion' or sit like a stuffed dummy on beauty shows. QVC should move with the times.

They do sometimes interact with the model on beauty shows. I think it partially depends whether the production team have actually miked up the models or not.

I definitely agree that the shows are much more engaging if everyone who is in the studio can communicate and get involved in feeding back about the products. It's not confined to the beauty shows either - it's as bad on the fashion shows.

This is one area where IW are still much better than QVC. I remember IW had a shapewear brand (can't remember which one) a few years back, and the models were involved in the shows and it was fun to watch with the banter as well as the sales pitch.

I also cringe when a caller comes through and gets monopolised by whichever presenter is doing the show. One thing is for sure, whenever there was a caller on Lenny Feinberg's shows they always got to speak to Lenny - no way was he going to be sidelined!!!

Latest posts

Back