models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
Someone on another thread mentioned some of the models on Q. I have noticed that a lot of them seem to have had things done to their faces over the past few months. Courtney who is on now cannot even smile these days without her mouth drooping down. Goody has also had a bit of a mishap with the fillers. Attractive women who seem to be happy to do all they can to look unattractive. Amanda is another one who has had so much filler in her lips that she is beginning to look like one of those sucker fish that stick to the sides of the tropical fish tanks. What on earth are they thinking about?

I agree. Instead of making them look 'less tired' (like we'd all like to look), and younger, the opposite is happening - they look a lot worse for their ages. Goody has a fantastic figure for her age and her hair is in fabulous condition, but for me she still has a very masculine look about her.

Some of them have had work done but I don't think Courtney has. She seems quite young and has always had a lopsided smile.

I don' t like to be nasty but every time l see Amanda l think 'why are you having all those fillers in your lips done?' She does not look good if you ask me! I wish they would do makeovers on the general public! Oh l forgot , they don't do makeovers, just touch ups!

There is one woman, blond and she appears on tv for catalogues, Over Fifty is one.

Her foreheads is so shiny low flying aircraft might try to land. Yet her under eyes are so wrinkled a 3000 year old mummy has better. That's what happens, you can't move one part of your face the other bits take over and get even more wrinkled.

I would prefer they just stuck to young natural models, than having old unnatural ones. What's wrong with old and natural?

Seen so many debates on TV about images presented to us on screen, in newspapers and in magazines. Look around you next time you're in the supermarket or high street and see how many women are 6ft tall, reed thin with airbrushed skin etc. Media moguls think we are all stupid, that if we buy this top or dress we can look the same as these exotic creatures. It's about time the tide turned to do away with these unattainable images.

I couldn't agree more. However, unfortunately these sell tactics work otherwise the clothes industry would collapse. Clothes have to be sold to their best advantage and that means putting them on models who, as they say, would look good even in a bin bag. There is a saying that a person should dress to what they aspire to and not what they are at present. Everyone lives in hope....

I think it's slightly insulting to older women who haven't had work done on their faces to see older models who look plastic and have long, flowing hair aimed purely at making them look younger when it does exactly the opposite, makes them look like mutton dressed as lamb and shows their age even more than if they hadn't had work done. Everyone should have pride in what they look like, whatever age they are.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a wider range of models. For fashion: I'd like to see more middling-sized (size 14) models, a greater range of heights, and different physiques (pear, apple, hourglass etc). I'd like to be told when they are wearing shapewear under the clothes being modelled. I'd really like it if they didn't have models wearing trousers which have to be pulled down until the crotch area is practically between the knees. Get models that can wear the trousers without looking totally ridiculous, please, or have a suppliers produce them at a length that doesn't look ridiculous on the models they do have. For beauty: I really think they should not have had any procedures (fillers, botox or surgery), and we should know about what skintype they are. I wish they would have more honest before pictures. The hair ones they clearly haven't used conditioner, and have had their hair blasted with a hairdrier to make their hair look at its frizziest or lankest. The lighting they use for the before photos is also not the same as the studio lighting, so naturally everything looks duller.

At least when there is a ybf show Stacey Schieffelin always comes on barefaced, and has the models do the same. She also sometimes has some real women participating in the shows. I think this shows more realistically what can be achieved, and gives the brand more integrity. Plus Stacey's a bit of a hoot, without being obnoxiously loud like Mally.

On the 'hair' subject, a lot of the models have clearly had their hair washed and rollered - then flattened for the before pictures. Its then voila, a quick flounce with the styling product/wand/hairdryer/magical volumiser, a few ruffelly shoves with the hands, and miraculously the hair has trebled in volume and style.

They must think their audience are a complete loads of idiots ! I do feel my intelligence is insulted when I sit and watch this complete con at times.

They always look miserable "oh woe is me" in the before shots, crack a smile ladies, you're about to have you hair professionally styled and blow dried.

At least when there is a ybf show Stacey Schieffelin always comes on barefaced, and has the models do the same. She also sometimes has some real women participating in the shows. I think this shows more realistically what can be achieved, and gives the brand more integrity. Plus Stacey's a bit of a hoot, without being obnoxiously loud like Mally.

But Stacey looks pretty terrible these days. She doesn't have many wrinkles because she's overweight (fat is kind to the face) but she insists on wearing the black Dracula-type outfits which are very unflattering. She then proceeds to plaster on lots of product until she looks like a drag queen.

Ooooooh, quite a lot of "ouch" comments here. Do we know that Amanda has filled her lips? I've always just thought she had a wide mouth and I think she's pretty, but hey, what do I know about these things, not having had any "work" done. I think if you're a model you may have to do what gets you the most work and I'm guessing that most of them don't just work for QVC so have to try and spread themselves thin to get the maximum amount of work. I'm not as young as I was and I do try not to age too fast but it comes to us all. If your looks are your living then you will try and be what the industry wants. I think all the models are OK but they'd do better if QVC would put them in the right sizes and they'd probably sell more as well.

CC

A new model has featured quite a lot today who admits to being a 16 (not a Joy 16 I might add) and blooming good she looks too.

Watching Ronni Nicol with awful JF. Why do they squeeze a size 16 huge busted model into a cross over spotty dress. If you were like her and wore that to work you can bet everyone would not be saying wow she looks amazing, but, for chuffs sake love what were you thinking.

My other thread on Tiana B picks up this question entirely, -- that both TB and RN are just not suitable for plus size models. The way these garments are sized, the size 16 would have to fit into a size 20 to look half decent.

I agree. Instead of making them look 'less tired' (like we'd all like to look), and younger, the opposite is happening - they look a lot worse for their ages. Goody has a fantastic figure for her age and her hair is in fabulous condition, but for me she still has a very masculine look about her.
Sorry Goodey, I have to agree the fillers make her cheeks look lumpy she looks very manlike, with a mans square jawline.

Latest posts

Back