My goodness, Ophelia fancies herself

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was watching the Gatineau hour and trying to put up with Ophelia rabbiting on when she said - with a coy look and equally coy movements - "I'm 40 but people say I look younger...." The hour finished and I kept QVC on as I wanted to see Molton Brown. It's on now and she's just given the wrong easy payments. She corrected herself saying "I was the creative one in school, I was not the mathematician." Umm it said in the box on screen 'easy payments of £12' and you said £15 Ophelia, nothing to do with mathematics. She's prancing and preening, she obviously thinks she's really something. Well, something you're not is a good presenter.

I don't enjoy listening to Ophelia. She's improved a bit since she started at QVC, but she still reels off the information about the product as if she were reading a script. She doesn't have to speak like Knightsbridge Emma (the elarstic woman) but she could learn not to drop her 't's'. She's stronger than she appears and this showed when she defended herself against Simon Wilson's silly comments.

I was watching the Gatineau hour and trying to put up with Ophelia rabbiting on when she said - with a coy look and equally coy movements - "I'm 40 but people say I look younger...." The hour finished and I kept QVC on as I wanted to see Molton Brown. It's on now and she's just given the wrong easy payments. She corrected herself saying "I was the creative one in school, I was not the mathematician." Umm it said in the box on screen 'easy payments of £12' and you said £15 Ophelia, nothing to do with mathematics. She's prancing and preening, she obviously thinks she's really something. Well, something you're not is a good presenter.
Ophelia doesn’t know when to shut up. Ophelia thinks the world is her stage. Ophelia is boring but she does love herself. Perhaps she and Catherine Huntley should get together and discuss themselves because no one else is interested.

I don't enjoy listening to Ophelia. She's improved a bit since she started at QVC, but she still reels off the information about the product as if she were reading a script. She doesn't have to speak like Knightsbridge Emma (the elarstic woman) but she could learn not to drop her 't's'. She's stronger than she appears and this showed when she defended herself against Simon Wilson's silly comments.
What did Simon Wilson say?

Chloe Everton really does love checking herself out in the monitor, usually while the BA she's hosting with is talking. Both rude and vain at the same time.

Yep. Wouldn't we all?
Honestly? NO! I can think of nothing worse than being a presenter on QVC, or anywhere on TV for that matter!
Not to mention I would absolutely appalling at it!

I’m not an extrovert, hate public speaking and could not cope with having people gabbling in my ear whilst I try to speak!

Plus I would loathe the attention and the exposure of knowing everyone was constantly critiquing my body, hair, clothes and voice/personality!

For the “right” person, however, it must be a dream and sure they’re very comfortably remunerated!

[Do we know/has anyone ever found out what sort of salary the presenters are on?]

Ophelia doesn’t know when to shut up. Ophelia thinks the world is her stage. Ophelia is boring but she does love herself. Perhaps she and Catherine Huntley should get together and discuss themselves because no one else is interested.
Catherine Huntley is a lovely presenter her diction and pronunciation is excellent.

Latest posts

Back