My goodness, Ophelia fancies herself

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whenever she is on I have to switch off.. I got 30 seconds of her trying to pronounce accentuate which came out as assentuate. If there is a long word in the description of a product you can guarantee she can't pronounce it. She once said on a gardening show that she didn't know that plants had plant food. How she got her job I'll never know.
Because she ticks a box for QVC

Chloe can never seem to keep still either. Very distracting.
She’s often caught by the camera looking at herself on set and seeing if she’s okay. I’m not sure if it’s vanity or concern that she looks presentable. She’s extremely loud and very distracting with an almost aggressive tone in her voice and manner. I find her uncomfortable to watch and find her presenting skills lacking, juvenile and weak. She acts like a child who has been chosen to read to the class.

I know that we criticise many of the QVC presenters, but try watching some of the other shopping channels for more than about five minutes! I have flicked onto Ideal World from time to time, but oh my God, how on earth do they get these jobs? Sally Jacks on IW keeps screaming every so often (why?), none of them are at all professional, in fact they are very annoying. Since the channel was relaunched it’s worse than ever! At least QVC seems a lot better organised and watchable.

Anyone who wants to be a QVC presenter must be able to talk convincingly about any product for a long time without pausing. They also must be average/fairly good looking, with healthy skin and teeth. The sloppiest dressed presenter imo is Alex Kramer. She usually looks ready to start her housework. Chloe comes a close second.

She’s often caught by the camera looking at herself on set and seeing if she’s okay. I’m not sure if it’s vanity or concern that she looks presentable. She’s extremely loud and very distracting with an almost aggressive tone in her voice and manner. I find her uncomfortable to watch and find her presenting skills lacking, juvenile and weak. She acts like a child who has been chosen to read to the class.
After a few too many Smarties 😆

Latest posts

Back