Nails Inc new goodies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a review on the try me set, which also included the new top and base coat, saying it takes ages to dry. A bit disappointing if that's the case, as the original Kensington Top Coat is super-fat drying. I'm probably going to send these back.

DD has just tried the Avon Gel Strength base coat (£3 currently) and she's very impressed, mainly because it (a) dries very quickly and (b) acts as a ridge-filler, giving a smooth surface to paint colour varnish on top. http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/nails/nail-care/nail-experts-gel-strength-base-coat.html

Jude xx

There is a review on the try me set, which also included the new top and base coat, saying it takes ages to dry. A bit disappointing if that's the case, as the original Kensington Top Coat is super-fat drying. I'm probably going to send these back.

DD has just tried the Avon Gel Strength base coat (£3 currently) and she's very impressed, mainly because it (a) dries very quickly and (b) acts as a ridge-filler, giving a smooth surface to paint colour varnish on top. http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/nails/nail-care/nail-experts-gel-strength-base-coat.html

Jude xx

I have not tried it yet but I was talking to NI staff last week and they hadn't had it in yet, they were expecting it the following day, but they they said there was no way that it could be as fast drying as Kensington Caviar as for it to be gel like means it will be different texture. They love the KC top coat as it is fast drying but in summer they don't use it much as in heat it dries too fast.

Wonder if it'll set quickly with Miracle Drops? I've been using Seche Vite topcoat recently which obv dries quickly but still use LD drops to set all the polish underneath. I'm guessing the NI gel will be quite a bit thicker than KC, hopefully the drops will still cause the chemical reaction with the solvent to harden the whole manicure quickly. Was hoping my NI would be here today. This particular duo is no longer available on the website but still available with the minis if you like those colours. Oh well, I shall wait and see how it goes. I really want those purple sprinkles too but don't need any of the others in the set.

Wonder if it'll set quickly with Miracle Drops? I've been using Seche Vite topcoat recently which obv dries quickly but still use LD drops to set all the polish underneath. I'm guessing the NI gel will be quite a bit thicker than KC, hopefully the drops will still cause the chemical reaction with the solvent to harden the whole manicure quickly. Was hoping my NI would be here today. This particular duo is no longer available on the website but still available with the minis if you like those colours. Oh well, I shall wait and see how it goes. I really want those purple sprinkles too but don't need any of the others in the set.

I suspect they have pulled it from the site so that they can sell the "try me" which has the mini colours with it.

I've tried this product and, while it doesn't dry in super-fast time like the Caviar 45-second, and you need to let your colour dry just a little before applying it (because the thicker consistency 'pulls' the colour), it still dried quicker than a standard topcoat and certainly fast enough to satisfy me! Okay, if I were in a terrible hurry and needed to paint and go out straight afterwards, then I probably would use something else, but I try to avoid that! The texture, shine and finish is really impressive and, on me at least, it lasts longer before it wears. That being said, I've always found that the ultra-fast drying topcoats don't last quite as long as the standard ones.

Got mine last week from NI website and have to say the finish is superb. Worth the inconvenience of a slightly longer drying time I feel. Really impressed with Nails Inc recently what with this and the amazing remover in the last TSV.

Drumming (ungelled) nails impatiently waiting for mine to turn up from QVC :mysmilie_490:

I bought the 2 piece try me and am not impressed, the drying time was just ok but I don't think the finish is any different to the caviar, I painted on Saturday and by Monday I already have a couple of chips, may send it back, I tried to look at other reviews but it is no longer available.

I didn't order if but I did hear Heather stressing that it gave the "look of gel nails". I took from that comment them at it didn't offer the other advantages of gel nails like longevity. I could be wrong though.

I didn't order if but I did hear Heather stressing that it gave the "look of gel nails". I took from that comment them at it didn't offer the other advantages of gel nails like longevity. I could be wrong though.
The stress is very much on the 'look' of gel nails because it isn't gel nails and, therefore, will not last as long as a gel manicure. It did, however, last six days on my nails without a single chip (when used with an OPI colour) which any other topcoat rarely does.

Mine has turned up. It has the "look" rather than the properties of gel nails. It did last a little longer than normal topcoat.

gel set

Received mine today and have a tri-colour manicure (pink/blue/JillFranks). SecheVite, imo, gives the same look. DSR return for me. x SmartieColouredTalonSnarly

Received mine today and have a tri-colour manicure (pink/blue/JillFranks). SecheVite, imo, gives the same look. DSR return for me. x SmartieColouredTalonSnarly

You can't return under DSR if you have used the items.

Latest posts

Back