New Presenter - Round Two

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd forgotten who she ws until I googled her, although I knew Jackie Kabler. I just hope QVC - don't mean this in a negative way - is challenging enough for her. ~I know how depressing it can be when a job does not require too much brain power. Whilst I do agree that presenting shopping telly does take a special quality which many of us do not have, intellectually - and I'm sure many of the presenters would concur - it is not thought provokingly demanding. I think if Anna ever left, and I now hope she does not - it would be for this very reason.
Time will tell; being a reporter on cases such as the soham murders and madeleine mccann, must have been quite a pressure laden job; perhaps QVC will offer her the chance to take it a bit easier. Conversely, has she presenteed shopping tv before? Just because she was an excellent crime/international affairs correspondent, doesn't mean she can achieve the same success at any other career. In my opinion, however, I think she is a very welcome addition to the Q family. As I tweeted her - and got a reply! - welcome!

Maybe the job satisfaction lies in areas that aren't apparent to the viewer.

We've all heard the unintentionally broadcast remarks about "lets shift another ten thousand units" etc. I would imagine it could be quite a buzz manipulating the audience, saying key phrases and seeing the phone lines go mental, meeting sales targets etc.

I think we sometimes overlook the power of the presentations. Having a person tell you repeatedly that something is good and you can't live without it works. We've all ended up buying stuff we don't need off the back of the patter. I was interested to see on the steamer thread people making decisions to buy despite truly terrible reviews, because another FM thought the product was good. It's almost like we WANT to be persuaded to part with our money.

Maybe the job satisfaction lies in areas that aren't apparent to the viewer.

We've all heard the unintentionally broadcast remarks about "lets shift another ten thousand units" etc. I would imagine it could be quite a buzz manipulating the audience, saying key phrases and seeing the phone lines go mental, meeting sales targets etc.

I think we sometimes overlook the power of the presentations. Having a person tell you repeatedly that something is good and you can't live without it works. We've all ended up buying stuff we don't need off the back of the patter. I was interested to see on the steamer thread people making decisions to buy despite truly terrible reviews, because another FM thought the product was good. It's almost like we WANT to be persuaded to part with our money.

Personally i would rather trust wot a member of this forum thought of an item than the website reviews coz tbh we dont no how accurate they are.

Personally i would rather trust wot a member of this forum thought of an item than the website reviews coz tbh we dont no how accurate they are.

I don't disagree if we're talking about Q reviews but the steamer was on amazon aswell. 2/5 stars.

I thnk its a pity the people that posted on here how great the steamer was didnt speak up for themselves

Ooh sorry I thought it was another presenter thread...I genuinely have a steam mop ( red H2O) and I use it roughly each week and it cleans floors, is ready to use quicker than a big expensive polti and is also lighter to use..err... that's it really, Should I have higher expectations of the steam mop? Maybe I'm just lucky I didn't receive a faulty one, however I haven't left a review on QVC they no longer stock the item. There weren't any reviews when I bought mine about 3-4 years ago so I expected it to clean floors which it does. I don't mind if people weigh up the reviews and decide against buying, I'm not here to win friends and influence people.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back