New Year Resolutions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
(a). Do you still make them
(B). Have you ever kept to one
(C). Do you think even if not kept (or even started) they serve any purpose
(D). Anyone want to share theirs for 2016.
(E). How does Q feature in any if them.

Meanwhile for those about to stuff the turkey or nut roast and who won't get a chance to post again until 2016 may I take this opportunity to wish you all everything you wish for yourself and family in bringing 2015 to a close and the start of a new year

Great post, I always make a couple of resolutions, usually the same sort of themes, do more exercise, eat more healthily, but rarely stick to them, will try and think of a good one I can keep this time. I started learning Italian in evening classes this year, and want to continue with that,
As far as Q are concerned, I will be making one to buy less stuff from them and use all my stash of beauty products before buying anymore.
I would also like to wish everyone on here a very happy Christmas and new year, before all the mayhem starts, thanks for all the entertaining posts and helpful recommendations etc x

a) Not any more.
b) My NYR for 2009 was to stop smoking. On the 31st December 2008, at 11.59 p.m., I stubbed out my last cigarette ......... and I'm still a non-smoker and will never light up again.
c) In some cases, they can serve a purpose. It depends on the resolution and the person making it.
d) Just to continue to live every day to the full, but as I do that anyway I can't really call that a New Year's Resolution.
e) I'll continue to ignore the hype and pressure selling that we get subjected to, by some presenters. Ignoring it has been been a good 'mantra' for me in the past few years and definitely a good thing for my bank balance.

(a). Do you still make them
(B). Have you ever kept to one
(C). Do you think even if not kept (or even started) they serve any purpose
(D). Anyone want to share theirs for 2016.
(E). How does Q feature in any if them
Answers -
(a) No because
(b) I haven't so they're pointless and
(c) They wouldn't work because I haven't the staying power so I can't answer
(d) because I can't share anything but I can answer
(e) - oddly enough, no.

Enjoy your festive season, everyone, wherever you are, whoever you're with and particularly if you're on your own this year.

image.jpg

Best wishes to you all.

A) NEVER ORDER AUTO DELIVERY FROM QVC

B) NEVER ORDER CHRISTMAS FOOD FROM QVC, YOU MORE LIKELY NOT GET IT. Or perhaps get two!

C) ALWAYS LOOK ROUND ONLINE BEFORE DECIDING TO BUY FROM QVC. Ninety Ninety per cent you will find it cheaper elsewhere.

I am not a great one for NYRs but this year I have three QVC related ones:

Like Donna - no Auto Delivery

No Easy Pays

No more nail polish until I have used up my stash.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

I've never stuck to one before but, hey ho, hope over experience as they say.So I'm going to use what I've got instead of buying more, see if that can last! And try, again, to lose a bit of weight.
Oh, & sort out my jungle of a garden which has gone mad this last year while I was laid up with two operations.

Been mulling this one over. I rarely stick to resolutions but this year I think I will have a fighting chance. I just think I have had a shift in my priorities. Outright bans are too extreme and that's why they never work. But as a lot of my spending has been with Q, yes my resolutions focus on QVC.

No make up until I actually need some. In my case I may need a new foundation in a year as I have 3 on the go. Likewise a year for mascara. Probably won't need eyeshadow, eyeliner or blusher for at least 2 years. I may make an exception for Mally but it will depend on what's in it. I really liked her recent TSV, all of it.

I can buy skin care as and when I need a new cleanser or moisturiser. By my calculations this should be in 9-12months (cleanser) and 3 months (moisturiser).

No clothes from QVC apart from Diane Gilman Jeans as and when needed. When a favourite top wears out I can replace it.

No handbags. I really don't need any more. My love affair with Kipling wore off ages ago and I have sold them all apart from my Defea, My Reth and my very first one (a "Well" I am informed it was called). Tig's are no longer what they used to be, I love the one I have but have tended to remove them from my basket or cancel orders.

No gadgets unless my ninja breaks.

Absolutely NO candles. Sorry Yankee, you know I love you but I have to use the ones I have before any more are allowed. Tarts, votives and scenterpiece melt cups are allowed as these run out the quickest.

Absolutely NO jewellery. Having returned much more than I ever keep, When will I ever learn?

Have I left out any of the usual suspects?

I recently had a big sort through my wardrobe and drawers and my NYR for 2016 is for every new thing I buy, I will throw out/give/donate a used item from my wardrobe. One for one.
I have made resolutions in the past and stuck to them, the main one was giving up smoking and I`ve never smoked since, so it proves I can actually follow through if I`m determined enough.
I`m also determined not to buy another bottle of perfume until I`ve used the ones I already have opened. I used some unopened ones as Christmas gifts and I`m a sucker for perfume sales and website discounts when it comes down to smelly stuff. Funnily enough I don`t have the same weakness for stockpiling skincare or shower stuff, only perfumes.
QVC don`t figure in my resolutions, I rarely buy from them these days and I`ll probably stick to my couple of purchases per year, mainly ABC bodywash and perhaps the odd thing which catches my eye but they will be few and far between. QVC would be bankrupt if they relied on me for custom.

Yes, I make resolutions... sometimes the resolution is not to make any resolutions!!

This year - continue to lose weight. I'm aiming to lose a stone using the 5:2 diet method.

Regarding QVC, no more skincare until my stash is used up!! I've recently reorganised it so I know exactly how deep my stocks are :blush: I managed to source 90% of my Christmas gifts from my stash without making a noticeable dent... that tells me that I've definitely still got too much, so no more. Not from QVC, nor from anywhere else.

I recently bought some new clothes, but I now need to ensure that I remove some of my older clothes and give them to charity now - if I can make that a one for one, great, if I can make it more likea 1.5-2 for one that would be even better.

I'm also planning a blitz on my candles - they will be better used than saved away for the rainy days. Definitely no more candle purchases... unless Yankee re-release early sunrise, sunwashed linen and don't mess with the formulas...

I don't have a ton of handbags, but I think these also need pruning. I'm not likely to eBay them, so will probably donate to charity.

I'm not going to sign up for any Auto-Deliveries after the shenanigans that appear to be going on with them.

Other than that, I'm resolved to see more of my family and friends and less of QVC in 2016.

Hope everyone's had a lovely time over Christmas, however it's been spent, and that for those who find it a trying time, it's been passing painlessly on the whole.

Like many of you, one of my resolutions is to cut down on the number of clothes I buy, particularly tops, as I am truly ashamed of the amount of tops I found when I did a wardrobe "trawl" a few weeks ago. Won't have to make any resolutions about not buying from Q, as I haven't bought anything in over 3 years now (learnt my lesson and vowed 'never again', which I've kept to). Another resolution is to keep on learning new things - I did a few courses online during this year, and really enjoyed them, so will keep on with that. Happy New Year, everyone. :glass::mysmilie_59:

Yes, I make resolutions... sometimes the resolution is not to make any resolutions!!

This year - continue to lose weight. I'm aiming to lose a stone using the 5:2 diet method.

Regarding QVC, no more skincare until my stash is used up!! I've recently reorganised it so I know exactly how deep my stocks are :blush: I managed to source 90% of my Christmas gifts from my stash without making a noticeable dent... that tells me that I've definitely still got too much, so no more. Not from QVC, nor from anywhere else.

I recently bought some new clothes, but I now need to ensure that I remove some of my older clothes and give them to charity now - if I can make that a one for one, great, if I can make it more likea 1.5-2 for one that would be even better.

I'm also planning a blitz on my candles - they will be better used than saved away for the rainy days. Definitely no more candle purchases... unless Yankee re-release early sunrise, sunwashed linen and don't mess with the formulas...

I don't have a ton of handbags, but I think these also need pruning. I'm not likely to eBay them, so will probably donate to charity.

I'm not going to sign up for any Auto-Deliveries after the shenanigans that appear to be going on with them.

Other than that, I'm resolved to see more of my family and friends and less of QVC in 2016.

Hope everyone's had a lovely time over Christmas, however it's been spent, and that for those who find it a trying time, it's been passing painlessly on the whole.

My 2015 New Year resolution was to lose weight. Same one every year, and usually fail dismally at it. The start of this year was no exception until 21st Feb when my consultant at the hospital properly bollocked me out over my weight. Her question: "So why can't you lose weight?". I had no answer, or any credible one, to that question. So on the 22nd Feb I started a radical diet and have since lost 6.5 stone. I've had a "rest" over December due to a holiday and festive celebrations. My main 2016 New Year resolution is to lose the remaining 3.5 stone. I actually started back on my diet on Boxing Day rather than wait till January 2nd - there's no time like the present.

My other resolutions for 2016 are:

1. Less Facebook - its become too addictive for my liking and I've been spending far too much time on it. I'm going to delete the app from my phone.
2. Buh-bye QVC - the time has come to part company - I've cut down on ordering quite considerably this year. 99% of the time its available cheaper elsewhere and QVC's p&p is beyond a joke.
3. Buy what I actually need and will use - this especially applies to high end cosmetics, clothes, shoes, bags
4. Improve my financial health - hopefully putting 2 and 3 above into practice will result in 4!

Wishing everyone here a Happy New Year!

Really like reading everyone's New Year Resolutions - very inspiring. Well, I have regretted the last 3 things I bought from QVC, but can say that compared to last year, my spending with them has really gone down. And I will continue with this trend over 2016.
I too have decided to make more healthy eating choices, along with some activity every day. I want to spend less time on YouTube, and more time reading books and learning. I too have done a couple of online courses (via FutureLearn) and have really enjoyed this flexible and free way of expanding my mind.
I have recently been flirting with minimalism, and was amazed that this year in the sales, I just did not want to buy anything. Instead of putting loads of lovely pretty things in my basket, each thing that vaguely tempted me, I rejected because I ultimately did not NEED it. This is a huge transition for me mentally because I have always bought things because I wanted them and could afford them. And I think QVC feeds off people with that mentality. But no more. I want to live a fuller life with a less cluttered house and mind.

Mine is to de-clutter my flat as I have bought too many things over the last ten years and this proves difficult as most of the things have a purpose but I don't have the room for things any more.

Having said this I am currently looking for a vibration plate (for exercising as on IW and Amazon) and it will take some room but I'm thinking of getting a cheaper one, so it's not too hard to part with it, if I don't use it any more, that's the idea anyway.

Can anyone suggest a good vibration plate to buy? I have been reading a lot of reviews (IW and Amazon) but a bit confused at the moment as people say that it's great across all brands and models.

ps the last thing I bought this year was computer glasses and I can't tell you how much difference it made to my eyes as I am at the computer all day at work and bright harsh lights and I started having headaches so I decided that I would wear light tinted sunglasses at work, and while looking for a pair of those, by chance I found computer glasses and they are fabulous and I wear them at home as well so no more squinting or frowning and less lines hopefully. And headaches gone, hurrah!

If anyone is interested here they are
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010Q18Y8W/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LUAVZ7G/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I actually keep a spreadsheet of my spending. Although that sounds organised it doesn't actually make good reading. I was truly shocked when I added up my spending with QVC for 2015 (and I am DONE for this year) It came to £3770 which includes £364.08 p &p. I don't have that kind of money for spending on non-essential items. Why on earth did I do this? While of course I hold myself entirely responsible, I feel like others. I have been caught out by items on Auto-delivery. Maybe my record keeping should be tighter but I tend to forget when the further drops are due. Although QVC sends out the 'make space for your goods' e-mail, it often comes as a surprise, and when there's no money in the bank. About 3 years ago I made a NYR to remove processed sugar from my diet. I only lapsed around Xmas time each year. I also signed up for Dry January and stuck to it absolutely. This year Dry January lasted for 6 and a half months lol. Given the fact that I have found some personal strength over the last few years, I hereby resolve to be QVC free in January 2016. I will take it month by month just as I did with Dry January this year and see how long I can continue. I will have an early spring clean and use up my stash of cosmetics etc. Wish me luck.

Happy New Year to One and All.

My 2015 New Year resolution was to lose weight. Same one every year, and usually fail dismally at it. The start of this year was no exception until 21st Feb when my consultant at the hospital properly bollocked me out over my weight. Her question: "So why can't you lose weight?". I had no answer, or any credible one, to that question. So on the 22nd Feb I started a radical diet and have since lost 6.5 stone. I've had a "rest" over December due to a holiday and festive celebrations. My main 2016 New Year resolution is to lose the remaining 3.5 stone. I actually started back on my diet on Boxing Day rather than wait till January 2nd - there's no time like the present.

My other resolutions for 2016 are:

1. Less Facebook - its become too addictive for my liking and I've been spending far too much time on it. I'm going to delete the app from my phone.
2. Buh-bye QVC - the time has come to part company - I've cut down on ordering quite considerably this year. 99% of the time its available cheaper elsewhere and QVC's p&p is beyond a joke.
3. Buy what I actually need and will use - this especially applies to high end cosmetics, clothes, shoes, bags
4. Improve my financial health - hopefully putting 2 and 3 above into practice will result in 4!

Wishing everyone here a Happy New Year!

Wow congratulations on you weightloss Flamenco, How did you do it I need help?

I may be wrong, but I thought that if you worked with computer screens for more than a certain number of hours a week, your employer had a duty to provide eye tests and any necessary glasses.

Eye tests but definitely not glasses.

My prescription is mega expensive and believe me if there was even a smidgen of a chance of getting a contribution I would be there like a flash

I may be wrong, but I thought that if you worked with computer screens for more than a certain number of hours a week, your employer had a duty to provide eye tests and any necessary glasses.

You are right but it's the blue rays that give me headaches however I have no need for prescription glasses.

Latest posts

Back