Oh dear Julia!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

1627024522068.png

View attachment 21734It's that dress again! Looks like the old dear has added a few more colours. I've picked this one as it illustrates best, just how awful a garment it is. Does it not look like something she's grabbed out of the laundry basket to throw on to answer the door quick?! This close up pic shows all the strange seams, the puckering, and that it appears it would be too short on anybody taller than 5'6". I wish they'd stop talking about the tie dye feature - It looks nothing like tie die -It looks like she's had an accident with a bottle of Domestos! The price for this thing is phenomenal, pennies shy of £63 + £5.95 postage & packing - what?!.....Is it made out of concrete?!! This has been reduced down from £83.01, why the penny? It's almost as random as the dress itself, and probably what it cost to make! I know we make the Primark comparison all the time, but this wouldn't look out of place in Primark, and I doubt whether they'd even bother displaying it on hangers!

Sorry about the separate posts, I had a bit of trouble editing!

Why they've made this dress so ****** short is beyond me. It would be better as a mdi frock. I don't mind some of the colours, which I prefer to the granny and sofa stretch colour prints that are offered by other brands.

Would you believe some of the presenters have this creation in various colour options.

Now on entering a dress shop would you take the advice of the sales assistant wearing one of these on your purchase of a mother of the bride outfit?

🙈😂😂
As a former fashion sales assistant I would tell the customer what they wanted to hear. If they come out of the fitting room asking for an opinion I would assume that they felt comfortable enough to be seen in it. After asking for a couple of twirls I would ask how they felt in it and if they felt that maybe the armholes were a bit big, for instance, I would agree with them. If they were quite happy to flounce about, usually with no shoes on, it usually meant a sale.
There really wasn't much point in trying to force a sale because once they had got husband or friends opinions they would b back for a refund 😡

View attachment 21734It's that dress again! Looks like the old dear has added a few more colours. I've picked this one as it illustrates best, just how awful a garment it is. Does it not look like something she's grabbed out of the laundry basket to throw on to answer the door quick?! This close up pic shows all the strange seams, the puckering, and that it appears it would be too short on anybody taller than 5'6". I wish they'd stop talking about the tie dye feature - It looks nothing like tie die -It looks like she's had an accident with a bottle of Domestos! The price for this thing is phenomenal, pennies shy of £63 + £5.95 postage & packing - what?!.....Is it made out of concrete?!! This has been reduced down from £83.01, why the penny? It's almost as random as the dress itself, and probably what it cost to make! I know we make the Primark comparison all the time, but this wouldn't look out of place in Primark, and I doubt whether they'd even bother displaying it on hangers!

I have this dress in the black with the grey/white tie dye with the sleeves. It looks amazing on imo..BUT I bought it from eBay for far less than half the QVC price....

QVC prices on MW items are way beyond anything reasonable, they talk up the Marla loves, Marla that—-so some believe they are getting a designer special.If something works for you that is fine & the money spent, again fine.In real terms they are simply not worth it, mainly 2 rectangles of fabric which hardly look right and trousers which wrinkle up the leg.What is to like?

I was out looking at a new bed today and the one Mr L has his mind set on would buy a good second hand car and it was at the lower prices of the range. However , since he, and me by association, hasn’t had a full nights sleep for 2 years which then makes for a miserable day you start to think what is more important a couple of holidays/cruises or a decent nights sleep yet if I dared mention the price to anyone they would think I needed certified.

suppose each to their own as her range sells well people must like it. I did have 2 good pieces at the start but that was when the quality was decent and a bit different (before the awful TSVs) )

Merryone, you had me in absolute stitches reading your description of that MW dress. It a blooming mess of a dress. Everytime they show it on MW shows, there's always the comment "Julia has 4 in different colours" or "Katie has this dress" oh please!! none of them look good in it - i wouldn't even pay £25 for it much less £63

I was out looking at a new bed today and the one Mr L has his mind set on would buy a good second hand car and it was at the lower prices of the range. However , since he, and me by association, hasn’t had a full nights sleep for 2 years which then makes for a miserable day you start to think what is more important a couple of holidays/cruises or a decent nights sleep yet if I dared mention the price to anyone they would think I needed certified.

suppose each to their own as her range sells well people must like it. I did have 2 good pieces at the start but that was when the quality was decent and a bit different (before the awful TSVs) )
Spend money on the bed you sleep in and the shoes you wear. Mostly, if you aren't in bed, you'll be wearing the shoes.
A good night's sleep in the right bed is priceless.

Latest posts

Back