Oh Jill Franks.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
Climb out of Lulu Guinness' bottom for goodness sake. No doubt you'll get your free bag at some point and can then be in all Lulu's 'party photos' with the rest of the unknown celebrities........:angry:

Climb out of Lulu Guinness' bottom for goodness sake. No doubt you'll get your free bag at some point and can then be in all Lulu's 'party photos' with the rest of the unknown celebrities........:angry:

I agree, how many more times have we got to hear about the yellow dress and the LG red bag she wore to a wedding. tired

I agree, how many more times have we got to hear about the yellow dress and the LG red bag she wore to a wedding. tired

Oh goodness she wore a yellow dress and a red LG bag???? To a wedding??????
I did not know :devil::blush:

I quite like JF, she is unwittingly funny!

Granted she is a bit of an " air head", obsessed by celebrity and designer labels and obviously spoilt by "Larry" her hubby. But I don't get the impression of a prima donna (JR) nor the insincerity of Simon B and Craig.

Oh well, each to their own.

Linda:hi:

Talking of Ms Guinness (kind of), I saw a bit of the show last night and was gobsmacked by the quality (or lack therefore) on some of the bags. One of the linen/hessian look ones had a huge run down the back and as for the Cat and Mouse bag well for that money (a bargain at £220 don't you know), I would expect to get a bag without a hummungous raised seam down the back! Made it looked cheap and tacky.

Couldn't agree more. It looked like it was worth about £20 to me and I love a cat bag as much as the next person but £220 - you're having a laugh!!!

Talking of Ms Guinness (kind of), I saw a bit of the show last night and was gobsmacked by the quality (or lack therefore) on some of the bags. One of the linen/hessian look ones had a huge run down the back and as for the Cat and Mouse bag well for that money (a bargain at £220 don't you know), I would expect to get a bag without a hummungous raised seam down the back! Made it looked cheap and tacky.

You must have seen the same bit of the show that I did, I couldn't believe how much people were paying for shiny plastic bags, and the ladies tweety voice grate on my teeth.

It is especially galling when LG is having a sale on her website at the minute and quite a few of the bags featured on QVC currently have 50% off on there. Still expensive for plastic but much more reasonable than QVC prices.

I don't know how LG and QVC can be so disingenuous.

I don't know how LG and QVC can be so disingenuous.

Although............

......despite thinking her bags are over-hyped, over-priced chunks of plastic tat, they had a t-caller on who was saying something about 400 quid (spent on her bags presumably!) & LG gasped loudly in clearly genuine surprise & seemed genuinely keen on joining in talking to people, whereas the other night on Kim & Co., some poor t-caller phoned in to tell them about how she'd lost 4 stone in weight or something & there was absolutely no reaction from Kim at all, not even a mouth corner twitch, nothing!
At least LG seemed marginally interested in her 'customers'.....!

Although............

......despite thinking her bags are over-hyped, over-priced chunks of plastic tat, they had a t-caller on who was saying something about 400 quid (spent on her bags presumably!) & LG gasped loudly in clearly genuine surprise & seemed genuinely keen on joining in talking to people, whereas the other night on Kim & Co., some poor t-caller phoned in to tell them about how she'd lost 4 stone in weight or something & there was absolutely no reaction from Kim at all, not even a mouth corner twitch, nothing!
At least LG seemed marginally interested in her 'customers'.....!

If you notice, Kim M can only talk nonstop about her clothing. It completely throws her if someone asks her a question. A couple of years ago I was invited to a customer day at QVC towers - and incidentally we could'nt order anything !!!! and Kim was asked to comment on a few things - she could'nt speak ! The woman did not know what to say and is useless at normal conversation. - Not many people know that !

I agree kitten, I do like Lulu Guinness - she does seem genuinely interested in the 'customers' . I also know she has had depression and seems to want her products to help make people feel more cheerful. But it still seems disingenuous to talk about bags that she must know are half the Qvc price on her own web site. It certainly isn't going to help people's cheerfulness when they realise.
I do think it is more to do with Qvc and their pricing policies though. I did a review of a LG bag which I have in 2 different colours, and mentioned I got the pair of them for less than the price of 1 on the Qvc website - it was a glowing review but they didn't put it up, obviously because I mentioned the price discrepancy.

If you notice, Kim M can only talk nonstop about her clothing. It completely throws her if someone asks her a question. A couple of years ago I was invited to a customer day at QVC towers - and incidentally we could'nt order anything !!!! and Kim was asked to comment on a few things - she could'nt speak ! The woman did not know what to say and is useless at normal conversation. - Not many people know that !

I was quite shocked tbh Brissles but the blank expression on her face could only be summed as 'does not compute', it was ever so slightly creepy tbh, her showing no reaction at all, bit of a Pod People moment really.........!

I did a review of a LG bag which I have in 2 different colours, and mentioned I got the pair of them for less than the price of 1 on the Qvc website - it was a glowing review but they didn't put it up, obviously because I mentioned the price discrepancy.

Yes, I think that's one of the absolute no-no's, any mention of a price discrepancy or suggestion that better value can be had elsewhere? :(
It's usually all carefully phrased though isn't it, with much being made of RRPs, which as we all know, frequently mean poop-all in the real world! lol

Latest posts

Back