Oh no! Mr. City Shorts is on

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can anyone answer this? Does anyone actually own a pair of 'city shorts'? Or know anyone who owns a pair of 'city shorts'? More importantly, does anyone know where one could buy a pair of 'city shorts'?
Also, is it essential for them to be 'little'? I feel I am missing out on something! Alhtough the last time I wore shorts of any kind in public was in PE class when we shared a sports hall with the boys ...

Just had to laugh at your post as it was just after I wrote this email to QVC:
I have never, in all the years I have been shopping with you, complained about a presenter, but Glen "the city shorts man" is now the exception.
Does anyone actualy own a " little city short" or indeed know anyone who wears a " little city short"?
Where can I buy these amazing city shorts that I obviously miss out on?
Thank you for telling me that I can wear my birkis with a mazi dress or the ubiquitos city short, as I would not have worked that out for myself.
On a serious note his fashion advice is consistent of repeating the same mantra for almost everything, and on top of which I find it actually offensive that I as a woman need advice from a man on how to dress, a man who has failed in his own shop and is NOT even a designer, and actually has less knowledge then me about fashion and even manages to contradict himself. Besides, the way he dresses is hardly a recommendation for his fashion advise.
Please for heavens sake send him on a course so he gets to know a few more phrases he can thrash out, or indeed get into current fashion.

You obviously must have put the thought in my head lol
:blush:
Not that it is going to get anywhere, but it made me feel a lot better as I vented my rant.
The man really does get on my nerves, although I am sure he is a very nice man outside of the TV camera

Last edited:
Oh, so they're slim-line trousers (or that trouser?) with half the length chopped off?

I must be a bit sad cos I did actually know what these were! But I remember them being 'on trend' briefly about 5 years ago, and they were usually in dark colours worn with tights and heels or boots. Sort of replacing a knee length skirt for work/business wear iykwim?

Not been seen or heard of since (apart from by Glen and the M&S clearance dept) and definitely NOT the sort of think you'd wear with birkenstocks (unless you want to look like a total fool :mysmilie_501:)

I think Glen is harmless enough, & probably a nice person but the unending stream of consciousness he comes out with makes no sense whatsoever. Can be quite amusing though :giggle: but I don't buy fashion from QVC and rarely watch it, I imagine for those genuinely interested and wanting advice he must be a nightmare!

I must be a bit sad cos I did actually know what these were!

Not sad at all! I did once own a pair of cullottes (you know the half-skirt, half shorts item) as they were known before someone invented the charming 'skort' name. I wore them with tights for work and they were very useful cos they looked like a skirt but didn't blow up to reveal my undies when I walked around a particularly windy corner on the way to the bus stop! I should add, however, I was about 22 and in a particularly experimental fashion moment ...

Hate to say this, but Nicky from Birkenstock has just suggested teaming a pair with, yes, you guessed it ... city shorts!!

Well he's just come out with one I haven't heard him say before............. great for promenading in:taphead:........WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone fancy a bit of promenading?:mysmilie_486::mysmilie_483:

If he's coming down here next week I'll be on the look out, he'll be the one with the nicely turned ankle, sporting city shorts (does ANYONE?), with a little cardi draped over his shoulders, his shorts will have a little fashion-forward slim belt in taupe and he'll surely be wearing his little Birkis which will carry him over until the evening when he'll be donning his little maxi dress that he'll pull out of his little Kipling bag.......pip. pip!:bow:

If he does go down there, can you please push him over a cliff? :smirk:

Just had to laugh at your post as it was just after I wrote this email to QVC:
I have never, in all the years I have been shopping with you, complained about a presenter, but Glen "the city shorts man" is now the exception........... Please for heavens sake send him on a course so he gets to know a few more phrases he can thrash out, or indeed get into current fashion.

Please let us see their reply !

Linda

Anyone remember when he used to spout nonesense on This Morning - he was just about bearable then, but of course Richard Madely would make anyone seem bearable!

Well I love Glen, because without him I would have no idea how to dress to impress.

Take today for instance.. I got up showered, uplifted my assets in a breezies bra with re inforced cups,wrestled into my slim n lifts,threw on my Artscape "T" with picture of Moss side at dusk,pondered over my shitty shorts or my cellulite enhancing Kim n co action slacks,but in the end went for my Nina Leonard "one size fits all" elasticated trews.
On my feet it was Birkis all the way to enhance my half mast trouser.
The bag was a difficult one,but my Butler and wilson moc faux croc won me over,it no longer has a crocodile enhancement and the handle is selotaped together,but I could hear Glen's voice saying"its all about confidence" in my ear.
Jewellery,well it had to be my kirks Folly grinning moon and my uri geller bent spoon earrings!
A glance in the mirror,a quick coat of Genie to set my features in place and I was hot to trot.
10 minutes later I was promenading through Morrisons,chic and ready to shop.

So you see Glen is my hero:smirk::tongue:

I stayed well clear of QVC today when I knew 'His Nibs' was going to be present. I've recorded the Berki hours to watch back later, and will fast forward the parts when 'MR. No Nothing About Fashion' appears. It makes my blood boil to think that he's actually getting paid for all that useless inaudible drivel!
It also infuriates me the way he always has to have a little touch of the models before he exits his stage. Very slimey :puke:

I understand he's going on holiday. YAY!! I can view in peace for a while.

Please let us see their reply !

Linda

IF I get one, and I have pressed the I want a reply button, I will cut and paste it here, but I seriously do not hold my breath.
the guy just got so on my nerves that I had to do something, anything to make me feel better.:angry::giggle::giggle:

Well I love Glen, because without him I would have no idea how to dress to impress.

Take today for instance.. I got up showered, uplifted my assets in a breezies bra with re inforced cups,wrestled into my slim n lifts,threw on my Artscape "T" with picture of Moss side at dusk,pondered over my shitty shorts or my cellulite enhancing Kim n co action slacks,but in the end went for my Nina Leonard "one size fits all" elasticated trews.
On my feet it was Birkis all the way to enhance my half mast trouser.
The bag was a difficult one,but my Butler and wilson moc faux croc won me over,it no longer has a crocodile enhancement and the handle is selotaped together,but I could hear Glen's voice saying"its all about confidence" in my ear.
Jewellery,well it had to be my kirks Folly grinning moon and my uri geller bent spoon earrings!
A glance in the mirror,a quick coat of Genie to set my features in place and I was hot to trot.
10 minutes later I was promenading through Morrisons,chic and ready to shop.

So you see Glen is my hero:smirk::tongue:

ahhhhh, but QVC would have insisted on stillettos :confused:

Well he's just come out with one I haven't heard him say before............. great for promenading in:taphead:........WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone fancy a bit of promenading?:mysmilie_486::mysmilie_483:

WTF? the man is mad\desperate\drunk\on methamphetamine (delete as applicable)

great thread, have cried with laughter, a real tonic after a tough day.

Latest posts

Back