Oh no! Mr. City Shorts is on

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

susygrace

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to yet another birkie TSV, if that wasnt bad enough, I tuned in just as Glen the city short man was doing his usual awful fashion? advice.

You can wear it with a city short, play with it, get the story. WHAT IS THIS MAN TALKING ABOUT? DOES ANYONE KNOW? DOES HE KNOW?

Thats not advice, thats a joke.

Genevieve was on earlier on Casual & Co and though some of the items were a bit cheap looking, she was giving proper fashion advice about everything and as a woman I can relate to what she is saying.

How can I relate to Glen the city short man.

Sorry for the rant, I have complained to QVC.

Apparently you can dress your birkenstocks up or down, and this summer throw them on with your maxi dress, whether it be a size XS or an XXXL (isn't that a marquee?) :doh: I, for one, find his advice invaluable :happy:

He has just mentioned that he will be wearing his Birkis next week on his holiday in Cornwall, except on rainy days when he will wear "a little summer brogue".

I do wish he would improve his diction. I just can't understand what he's saying as all his words run into each other.

If he's coming down here next week I'll be on the look out, he'll be the one with the nicely turned ankle, sporting city shorts (does ANYONE?), with a little cardi draped over his shoulders, his shorts will have a little fashion-forward slim belt in taupe and he'll surely be wearing his little Birkis which will carry him over until the evening when he'll be donning his little maxi dress that he'll pull out of his little Kipling bag.......pip. pip!:bow:

If he's coming down here next week I'll be on the look out, he'll be the one with the nicely turned ankle, sporting city shorts (does ANYONE?), with a little cardi draped over his shoulders, his shorts will have a little fashion-forward slim belt in taupe and he'll surely be wearing his little Birkis which will carry him over until the evening when he'll be donning his little maxi dress that he'll pull out of his little Kipling bag.......pip. pip!:bow:

i've heard there are cliffs there :nod:

I think he might be more at home in his own home, and i do wish he would pi** off back there!

Ah poor Glen he does get a hard time on here. While I wouldn't ask him to dress me I do quite like him. I prefer him to Genevive her twee voice does my head in... which goes to show that we are all different.

Can anyone answer this? Does anyone actually own a pair of 'city shorts'? Or know anyone who owns a pair of 'city shorts'? More importantly, does anyone know where one could buy a pair of 'city shorts'?
Also, is it essential for them to be 'little'? I feel I am missing out on something! Alhtough the last time I wore shorts of any kind in public was in PE class when we shared a sports hall with the boys ...

Ah poor Glen he does get a hard time on here. While I wouldn't ask him to dress me I do quite like him. I prefer him to Genevive her twee voice does my head in... which goes to show that we are all different.

I quite like Glen as a bloke, I'm just not sure he's my personal fashion hero!

You cannot dress a pair of sandals up or down in any stretch of the imagination! You can dress a dress or outfit up or down depending upon what footwear, or accessories you put with it....but the footwear itself???? Unless he means the way you put them on....dress 'em down..."throw" them on with your jeans...dress 'em up "pop" them on with your city shorts (which quite frankly I think would look quite wrong!)

I think he must have a stack of 70's teenage magazines "My Guy" "Oh Boy" etc where he gets all his hackneyed phrases from.

"fashion story" "fashion right for the summer"! However, I find him as entertaining as he is irritating. My personal favourite is the demin jean teamed up with loafers and a crisp white shirt, and of course cinched in the waist with a skinny belt! Pop an alice band on yer bonce and you'll look like royalty lol!

Last edited:
I now look out for city shorts when out and about as I live in a city and it is summer......have yet to see any either in a shop or on a person. Are they a figment of Glen's imagination?

Hisdictionisverybad.

Areweallactuallysurethat heissaying 'cityshorts' and notsomethingelsethatsoundslike it?

*ducks down*

:bandit:

What outfit would one wear to be shoved unceremoniously off said cliff? :devil:

A parachute. Faux silk, embellished by Quacker Factory, packed into a Lulu Guinness dustbag. In a range of fashion colours including taupe, teal, kiwi, lapiss and bronze/winter white. Available in sizes XS, M, L, XL and XXXL. Size small has sold out - all stock bought up by JR. Delivery within 3 to 5 w'days so it should be with you by the time he arrives.

It's a Hot Pick and is being modelled by one of QVC's plus-size model. Diamonique-encrusted braces with gold tone buckles are available as an optional extra.

A parachute. Faux silk, embellished by Quacker Factory, packed into a Lulu Guinness dustbag. In a range of fashion colours including taupe, teal, kiwi, lapiss and bronze/winter white. Available in sizes XS, M, L, XL and XXXL. Size small has sold out - all stock bought up by JR. Delivery within 3 to 5 w'days so it should be with you by the time he arrives.

It's a Hot Pick and is being modelled by one of QVC's plus-size model. Diamonique-encrusted braces with gold tone buckles are available as an optional extra.

My god this made me laugh. Im a 24 year old guy and have no idea about city shorts i suspect they all must wear them where they have tea partys for men who are all unmarried and off a certain age. I guess city shorts a cucumber sandwich and a glass off sherry go down like crazy there :-*

If I owned shorts, they certainly wouldn't be little! Aren't those Markses ones a bit Val-der-ee? Was watching Ms Franks presenting Casual + Co early yesterday evening when she told the guest she had been looking for a classic white shirt (I'm sure the word crisp was used more than once), when the pintucked white cotton item appeared she said she still can't find the perfect one...nice one Jill!

I've often wondered what city shorts are and usually end up calling the sh***y shorts in error, but that's probably nearer the truth. I don't know him personally and I'm sure he's a really nice guy in normal life, but I fail to see his worth on QVC. Unless you count comedy value in otherwise very dull shows.

Latest posts

Back