Oh, Sally

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As rare as hen's teeth

Registered Shopper
Flicking through the channels as you do and Sally Jacks was on flogging a handbag This is a new one on me but it went something like this
You know that pocket inside the bag? It's perfect for keeping your earrings in when they start to become to heavy and start hurt your ears. Sometimes they get too heavy, right? Just pop them in there and you're good to go. I do not wear earrings so is it a valid point?

Last edited:
I would estimate 90% of people who carry a handbag wear earrings so seems valid to me. Unsure what your point is here?

Flicking through the channels as you do and Sally Jacks was on flogging a handbag This is a new one on me but it went something like this
You know that pocket inside the bag? It's perfect for keeping your earrings in when they start to become to heavy and start hurt your ears. Sometimes they get too heavy, right? Just pop them in there and you're good to go. I do not wear earrings so is it a valid point?
A bag without a secure zipped pocket is a dealbreaker for me. I need somewhere for my train ticket, keys, lippie and sweeties. Never needed a place for earrings…..

So if Sally said "put your sweets in the pocket" it's a valid point. But earrings in there is a no no?

I would estimate 90% of people who carry a handbag wear earrings so seems valid to me. Unsure what your point is here?

I would estimate 90% of people who carry a handbag wear earrings so seems valid to me. Unsure what

What I should have said was who would buy a handbag with an extra pocket for when their earrings get too heavy?" I mean, what kind of nonsense is that?

The inner pocket of my handbag contains my house keys, my London Underground Oyster card, and my wireless ear buds. I've never thought of it being a good place to put earrings in during a night out. But I never wear the type of earrings that "start to become heavy". Personally I think it was an odd thing to say.

If she had just said its got a useful inner pocket that would have been fine.

She simply said it has a pocket. Simple as.
She tried to convince people to buy a hand bad with the extra pocket, saying it would be useful for when your earrings got too heavy by the end of the day. Seriously? That's the best she could come up with? I mean come on that has to be one of the worst sales pitches I have ever heard It was such a ridiculous thing to say.

Handbag has a pocket..... A fact.

Why do you end everything you post with "simple as"? Is that supposed to prevent any disagreement to what you have written?

And does it ever work?
Why would it need to work? It's an open forum for discussion here. Furthermore I doubt I end every post with "simple as". Sorry but please do not pressure me out of a lovely community.

Noticed the TV seller people often use this 'example selling' method.

They have an item and then try and list multiple circumstances or scenarios where the product might be useful.

So if selling a chair: "maybe you have friends coming round and need extra seats, or maybe you're having Christmas dinner and will need more space, or maybe your old chairs are looking tired and worn and you need to replace them, or maybe you need to change a light bulb and need something sturdy to stand on...", etc., etc..

Presumably the idea is to find uses that chime with the viewership and prompt a purchase for same.

So using an example of heavy earrings to store in a handbag pocket as a feature is par for the course.

And yes, there are 'ostentatious women' (surely not SJ) 😉 who wear oversized bauble earrings, or heavy danglers 😲 or large hoops or some such who take them off when their lobes hurt... usually putting in a small purse or clutch bag. Or have I been watching too many Hollywood B-movies? 😜
They're the same women who wear painful shoes/heels for impact and then take them off later and swap for ballet slippers or flip flops 😃!

She tried to convince people to buy a hand bad with the extra pocket, saying it would be useful for when your earrings got too heavy by the end of the day. Seriously? That's the best she could come up with? I mean come on that has to be one of the worst sales pitches I have ever heard It was such a ridiculous thing to say.
Bag. Not bad.
Again you are grammatically incorrect.

Don't like it. Don't watch it.
Change the record! No one's gonna take heed. It's ok to comment on what claptrap the presenters come out with. The earrings suggestion is a bit "random" to say the least, but I'm pretty sure that should someone find that their earrings are giving them gyp of an evening then they'd be able to work out that they've got choices to make - grin and bear it, throw them in the bin, or pop them in a safe place (pocket or handbag) but a selling point for a handbag is a bit of a stretch!

Last edited:
It's an open forum for discussion here. Furthermore I doubt I end every post with "simple as". Sorry but please do not pressure me out of a lovely community.
If you agree that the forum is open to discussion, why do you keep trying to shut down debates on anything negative members find when watching shopping telly?

Especially if you find it to be a lovely community as it is?

I am not trying to force anyone out. I just don't like people attacking anyone they fancy because of a silly reason like getting triggered by negative shopping telly comments.

Latest posts

Back