One For All

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
It really annoys me during the Beauty shows when they make out every product is designed for all skin types, when clearly 90% of them are not, Gatineau are on atm and there saying about Oily skins using there products, I have Oily skin and I know Gatineau is way too rich for me. Most of the items Q have are for the "Anti ageing/ dry skins, why cant they have more choice for us who have Oily or sensitive skins. If Q are being more picky about Customers sending items back and not using too much then the presentations on air need to be more thought out and Honest.

Few years ago when AY used to have her "In the Salon" shows she used to go into more detail about who the products were suitable for, Now days its more about which celebrity uses it and ****** twitter.

Yep I agree. I have dry mature skin but it`s also very sensitive so even the anti ageing stuff causes havoc if it contains certain ingredients. Not only do i wish they`d go into more detail about the product skin types, I also wish they`d go into more detail about the ingredients.

She's either got lazy over the years or she's under orders just to flog as much of anything as she can! It's a shame but I think her credibility as resident beauty expert has dwindled.

Its a shame as it was the "In the salon" shows that made me start watching Q in the first place, she used to wear the Beauty Therapist uniform, there was no Ego to her or messing about with her "side kick" Will, viewers used to be able to txt or phone in Questions and she would give an honest answer, not just sell the item that was on air at the time, now days its all about celebrities and who uses what, which has no relevance to us, I don't care who uses a certain moisturiser I just want to know if it will work for me.

We are all suppose to be celeb worshipping(sp),app tapping buying every product sold by QVC as of course they know what we really need.

I like anti ageing as much as the next, but I have mild rosacea so have learnt over the years what I can use and what I cannot. The old days of say 5 years ago of being able to use anything long gone. Then of course QVC will get pissed at us about returning stuff which we actually find not suitable and send us a letter with a virtual slapped wristed included.

I think that the idea of celebrities using it is because they don't have to worry about the price so will buy what they think is the best regardless. That only goes so far as unless you know about the celeb's skin type and sensitivity all you can tell is "this it really great for somebody".

A was interested to hear that Catherine Zeta Jones was seen buying two tubes of Elimis Total Glow. It has a simple function - to go brown so I did think that it was a good sign. It was already my all time favourite face self tan but it encouraged me to think that it probably wasn't worth trying to improve on it :)

Celebs may not have to worry about price but many have lovely skin so it's no wonder some folks are impressed that they are cited as using a product. The reality is these so called celebs are sent bucket loads of products free, then are paid to endorse it or say they use it. A bit like getting a Beauty Bash goody bag every single week plus a regular income from saying you like it on twitter.

I watched The Voice tonight and Kylie Minogue, she of at least one perfume launched in her name was removing items out of her bag and ooops out came a bottle of Agent Provocateur perfume. So much for being brand loyal. It goes without saying that a large majority of celebs would go to the opening of an envelope if they got paid, let alone launching a perfume/skincare/makeup range.
Many of them are sent freebies in the hope they`ll be seen carrying them, using them or tweeting about them. I`d love to actually see what`s in their bathroom, makeup bag or on their dressing table.

Also the celeb have regular beauty treatments. I remember years back reading in a Sunday newspaper(I did buy them back then), one English actress saying the first sign of a pimp and she was sent straight to Harley Street to the dermatologist by her agent. Now that was Anna Friel so not headlining A list of say Cheryl etc. Oh don't forget all the photo shopping airbrushing that goes on in the photos and even the tv ads.

Lol and the last time I looked Harley Street would be the wrong street to look for one...

exactly! i have a nut allergy and a lot of the products i cannot use, but they don't mention that either… i either have to research it online or phone their so called helpline for more details… they don't even know the ingredients half the time, and AY never replies to my emails or tweets etc… so i gave up and contacted keeley from elemis and she spoke to me for over 45 hours and we went through a whole procedure, and my skin has never looked better… AY isn't the great person for beauty sometimes, just look at her...

Latest posts

Back