PCMC, I’m done!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
After more years than I can remember, I’ve moved on from PCMC. I was gifted Sukin night cream and it is fabulous. As someone with extremely sensitive skin I was nervous to take the plunge but I slowly, over several weeks, applied a small amount starting with my neck. No reaction. Next, my jawline, no reaction. When I finally applied to the whole of my face I was still apprehensive especially as I have rosacea flare ups but I’ve had not one ounce of irritation. My skin feels lovely and soft and looks bright, no rosacea and my makeup looks good. I’ve looked at this range in health shops over the years but wouldn’t risk it, more fool me. Goodbye PCMC, you were good but not the best, for me anyway. I was glad I found it all those years ago and didn’t have reactions although it was the only item in the Elemis range I could use. The remnant of my last pot I used up on my neck. I purchased, from Boots, my new stash of Sukin on 3 for 2 and at less than £15 for 120ml it is an absolute bargain. I would certainly pay more. It’s vegan too so I passed a jar to my daughter. Win, win, win!

Which one of the Sukin night creams did you get? They have a number of different ranges.
I've used several Sukin products but not yet tried their moisturisers, just one of the cleansers and a deodorant.

I caught up with friend recently, who I haven't seen for a few years due to the pandemic and her skin looked absolutely radiant. Granted, she took early retirement during this time so no longer has the stresses of work (just those of a grown-up family!). When I told her how great she looked, she let me into her secret - after years of using high-end skincare products, she's moved to using Olay, which Boots have on special offer (usually half-price) once a week. She still uses expensive masks to luxuriate in a couple of times per week but she said she'll never return to paying £100+ or a pot of moisturiser given the results she's getting with Regenerist I've decided that's my next stash sorted. Unless, of course there's a TSV that's particularly good value, and has exceptionally appealing content, not the odd product that's two-pence less on its own, that the overall cost of the TSV, and the rest filler products such as overly perfumed body lotions etc. that I wouldn't even gift to the lollipop person my chauffeur splashes when we drive past in my Bentley each day.

Excuse my ignorance but what is PCMC? I've tried Sukin skincare myself, a few years ago I picked up a gift set containing a moisturiser, a facial toning spritz and a cleanser, it was only a tenner from Holland and Barrett so worth a try. I remember liking the spritz as it seemed to wake my skin up in the morning, probably 'cause it felt cold. I don't remember much about the moisturiser tbh, and I don't think I actually used the cleanser that often because it was a wash off one, and I hate having to splash water over my face, and get stuff in my eyes etc etc. I didn't seek to repurchase any of the range even though I've often seen it in TKMaxx at bargain prices. Possibly because it didn't prevent my skin breaking out into blotches as it often does in winter time. At the moment I'm using an Estee Lauder night repair serum, a small pot of their moisturiser and eye serum. So far I like it as in it doesn't upset my sensitive skin. I intially thought that the eye serum was actually doing something, but now I'm not so sure. If I don't get a break out this winter then I might repurchase when it's finished, but it was pretty pricey. I don't think I tried a night cream in the sukin range but I think it may be worth giving it another try, thanks for the tip!

I don't rate Elemis face creams not rich enough for me. But I love Liz Earle super skin moisturiser with the gorgeous Neroli scent and L'occitane Devine cream and facial oil.But I use a good toner Elemis Gingseng is my favourite and an essence technically a thick toner, an oil, and then a moisturiser. it costs initially the outlay but is a good regime. The layering means your getting 24 hours hydration until you wash it off.

Oh, how I wish I could just use any face cream. I am one of these people who have a breakout of using something, I go back to PCMC, and it settles my skin down. Recent outbreak Tatcha Polish Powder, within 10 minutes, came out in massive red spots. It did say gentle but had enzymes and I thought it will be okay. Had to take it back and get a refund. I actually read the ingredients on skincare now. Oh, it took 2 weeks for the spots which never came to a head to go down. Back to basics works, Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash then Herbal Lavender Repair Mask dabbed on the spots then left and PCMC works for me. Now, I can use Emma Hardie moisturizers without a problem but so many times I think oh that brand which is not expensive compared to PCMC or even EH and damn thing breaks me out either in what is a red rash like thing on the side of my face or the red lump spots. I have mild rosacea and even products that say will sooth redness or aimed at rosacea will break me out. Weird.

After more years than I can remember, I’ve moved on from PCMC. I was gifted Sukin night cream and it is fabulous. As someone with extremely sensitive skin I was nervous to take the plunge but I slowly, over several weeks, applied a small amount starting with my neck. No reaction. Next, my jawline, no reaction. When I finally applied to the whole of my face I was still apprehensive especially as I have rosacea flare ups but I’ve had not one ounce of irritation. My skin feels lovely and soft and looks bright, no rosacea and my makeup looks good. I’ve looked at this range in health shops over the years but wouldn’t risk it, more fool me. Goodbye PCMC, you were good but not the best, for me anyway. I was glad I found it all those years ago and didn’t have reactions although it was the only item in the Elemis range I could use. The remnant of my last pot I used up on my neck. I purchased, from Boots, my new stash of Sukin on 3 for 2 and at less than £15 for 120ml it is an absolute bargain. I would certainly pay more. It’s vegan too so I passed a jar to my daughter. Win, win, win!
I recommended this on the forum a while ago. Glad you like it.

Excuse my ignorance but what is PCMC?
It is the name of a large factory near me, but now closed down and empty.

Paper Converting Machinery Company.

They make the machinery to convert huge rolls of paper into toilet rolls, kitchen towels, tissues etc.

They don't make these products themselves except for testing their machines (which are huge). The staff can then take these products home for free, I even had some myself during a visit.

I use regenerate and it’s ok on my sensitive skin. But like everything else they have changed ingredients over the years.

Well now, interesting tip! I use Sukin facial scrubs which are in fact quite gentle, and have never thought to look at the rest of the range. Idiot! I shall now though, at some point. I would probably plump for the Ageless range. Thanks for the heads up.

I must admit to starting layering products, am now using 2 essences then a serum and follow with moisturiser,just before makeup I’ll spray my face with Curel mist. I don’t have any skin issues just dryness.😊

It is the name of a large factory near me, but now closed down and empty.

Paper Converting Machinery Company.

They make the machinery to convert huge rolls of paper into toilet rolls, kitchen towels, tissues etc.

They don't make these products themselves except for testing their machines (which are huge). The staff can then take these products home for free, I even had some myself during a visit.
I don't think you were trying to be funny, but your post cracked me up. These women are talking about face cream!! Pro Collagen Marine Cream.

This is good to know,I didn’t realise Sukin made face moisturisers. I swear by the Sukin Hand and Nail Cream. I’ll give this a try when my stash reduces 😉

I don't think you were trying to be funny, but your post cracked me up. These women are talking about face cream!! Pro Collagen Marine Cream.
I did know, but that is what it meant for me, I used to go past it every day with PCMC in large letters on the front of the factory, it was opposite where I worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back