OPI TSV 14/5/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bare in mind there is only 1 more tsv this year is what they have stated on air
Still not tempted I'm afraid. I do prefer the Nails inc brushes as well. I bought the 10 bottle OPI set earlier in the year and have been happy with all of them. Got the two sets that came with mesh bags last year and liked those colours as well. But I think they will be my last OPI purchases because of the brushes.

I just use it once now under my nail polish. When I first started using it many moons ago, I did apply it, I think from memory, every other day, and then reduced that when my nails improved. My nails used to be terrible. They would split and break all the time. Nail Envy fixed this. I often get compliments about my nails and my polish. They are probably the best thing about me, everything else is going to pieces 😱
Actually Anna that's given me a good idea- to use the "new" clear envy under some of the "old" coloured ones I have. My nails grow fine and look quite nice, and I like the clear nail look, but they break and catch easily so I need protection. Bit dim of me not to think of that 🤣

I was in Boots today bought two "Essie Hard to resist" nail strengther's and two nail Essie nail colours of my choosing for £7.00 each all full sized.
I've seen the Essie brand in "the best" lists but have never tried - thanks Boffy I will check them out 🙂

I used to like his Nail Files
I was given one as a gift several years ago and out of the several crystal files I have I think his is the best one

I bought the OPI set of ten colours last year from QVC also. Only used four of them to date. I do find them to go on very patchy, needing three coats to cover. I've been spoilt with the Nails Inc brushes, love them. I love Leighton Denny polishes, not his tiny brush though. Currently wearing a Leighton Denny polish which is at least seven years old! Still perfect. Day 4, no chips. Nails Inc is usually my go to, love their nudes/ browns and brights but not been impressed with their TSV offerings for some time now. I too now go to Superdrug, they have great offers for nails. My next purchase will definitely be to try Essie!

And 3 for 2 in Sainsbury's!!
Brilliant - I'm going to sainsburys on Friday so fingers crossed they have stock....

I bought the OPI set of ten colours last year from QVC also. Only used four of them to date. I do find them to go on very patchy, needing three coats to cover. I've been spoilt with the Nails Inc brushes, love them. I love Leighton Denny polishes, not his tiny brush though. Currently wearing a Leighton Denny polish which is at least seven years old! Still perfect. Day 4, no chips. Nails Inc is usually my go to, love their nudes/ browns and brights but not been impressed with their TSV offerings for some time now. I too now go to Superdrug, they have great offers for nails. My next purchase will definitely be to try Essie!
It's really useful hearing forumites opinions on different products - we are all different and what works for one might not for another but I find these comments and suggestions really helpful 🤗

Coulee of you beat me to it! NOT surprising given how ill/slow I am these days in getting on here and then catching up…!

But I was going to mention Essie.

I’ve only used one of their main range, but few years back I asked at Christmas for a duo of Essie Gel Couture range..

It consists of colours and a top coat - you are not meant to use a base coat as it helps with adhesion, though have used Nails Inc Nail Kale sometimes.

I vv rarely have my hand nails painted but have my toe nails done all the time, and they could/do last 6 weeks easily (my nails grow too much in that time mind you! And then need some time without polish for w while to “air”)…

The Essie couture stuff is a wee bit gloopy but once on looks great then the top coat makes it so glossy and gel-manicure like!

The colours are really dense and true and great range…

You can use the top coat over other polishes to for good but lesser effect…

I’ve always used Nails Inc and mostly been happy with it.

But recently they’ve brought out so many new/different ranges and forumations. There was the short lived collagen range, then superfood and then another. So it’s hard to know how reliable the polish is?

Particularly rare their base coat and 45 second top coat however.

Ciate is another brand I used to like - got a teal crème on my toe nails now and so opaque - but again they’ve changed formulations now!

Incidentally does anyone remember a nail varnish for little girls from Avon (I think?)

It was pale pink and it would wash off with soap and water!!

It was the only thing my mum would let me wear but I felt so grown up!

I used to like his Nail Files
Me too. I still use the one I bought years ago.
Same here. I’ve got three of the standard size ones and one of the longer ones around the house and in my bag, all years old and still going strong. I haven’t found another brand that matches them but interested to see Toril has found Orly ones good. I might look those up.

Same here. I’ve got three of the standard size ones and one of the longer ones around the house and in my bag, all years old and still going strong. I haven’t found another brand that matches them but interested to see Toril has found Orly ones good. I might look those up.
I did buy an Orly one but it made my nails very jagged. It’s now used for removing dried excess glue when I’m doing my crafting.

A brand I forgot to mention, specifically for treatment is CND?
Think it originated in California.

They do a few nail treatment options inc a strengthener but the ones I’ve tried are their
‘Rescue RXx’ keratin treatment.

It doesn’t go on and dry hard like your classic strengthener (they do do one like that which is the Strengthener RXx), but it is more akin to an oil but not an oil?!

It’s great to use in conjunction with their CND SolarOil which is great on cuticles or nail bed…

This is their UK website, however I’ve only ever bought from eBay.
You can buy the mini 3.75ml bottles really cheaply to try - inc duos of the keratin and the oil?

Last edited:
Ps. Had look on Nails Inc.
As I said I like their Nail Kale superfood base coat but they’ve got a newish product duo for £10 (2 x 8ml) called Glow and Grow.

One is a Hyaluronic based growth and treatment item and the other is a Vit C cuticle oil.

One of the 2 five star reviews specifically mentions Nail Envy having changed and this being brilliant alternative…

So that may also be worth a try?!

Latest posts

Back