Out Of Touch With The Credit Crunch?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

calico

Registered Shopper
I saw Julia Roberts talking to a 'celebrity hairdresser' yesterday about one of his products which is supposed to protect coloured hair. She reckons she has her roots done every four weeks at £65 a throw which is why this product is essential.

That was when her cred flew out of my front room window.

GAWD, I get my low lights done two or three times a year (depending on events and depth of pockets), then in between times I touch up my roots with Nice and Easy non-permanent (the one that lasts 6 - 8 washes) as recommended by my hairdresser. I haven't had my colour done since before Christmas and I am having it done again on 4 April.

I haven't had a hairdresser yet that styles or colours my long hair better than I can, the last time I had highlights done professionally was over ten years ago, I paid a fortune to look like Morticia hahaha. I saw that show yesterday and I thought it was cringeworthy, how many times did that hairdresser say 'fantastic' in the beginning :eek:) he looked most uncomfortable, perhaps JR scared him to death?

If Julia has her roots done every four weeks her hair must grow like mad. You can often see her with a very white parting - I had hair not quite as dark as Julia's and I've gone much lighter because I could not bear the white parting against the dark colour. I looked like something from the Addams family!

QVC probably have a hairdresser where they get a discount. So if it's 65 quid WITH the discount...

I saw Julia Roberts talking to a 'celebrity hairdresser' yesterday about one of his products which is supposed to protect coloured hair. She reckons she has her roots done every four weeks at £65 a throw which is why this product is essential.

That was when her cred flew out of my front room window.

Crikey, she must be as grey as a badger then lol!

The thing is that I'm sure if you lot were on tv, then you'd have your roots done that often too! I'm sure if she came on air with root growth, then people would be posting on here about her roots showing!
She can't win!
And realistically, she probably is paid a heck of a lot more than we are, so she can afford it. This is why I'm very glad that I don't have a job in the public eye.

Julia goes to the Hair Salon in Harvey Nicols, Knightsbridge, unless she has changed recently.

My hair colour has to be done every ten weeks - I choose to have it done professionally because I have a demi permanent and highlights or flashes etc (Before you all scream at me, I don't have kids, run a car, smoke or drink that much and it is my only vice!) I have a few (about ten) white hairs which show through at the roots within four weeks - if I had more of them and were appearing on wide screen televisions in people's front rooms and I thought they might be discussing my 'white stripe' on an internet forum I would get mine done at four weekly intervals and to heck with the cost!

I hate my roots showing

Hi,
I have a full head colour and have to have my roots retouched every 5 weeks or I have grey roots - not a good look. I also have foils put in in a different shade twice a year. My hairdresser warned me I would need the roots retouched more often with a full head colour than with highlights(which I used to have), before I decided to do it. The prices in the North-East are much lower than in London though. I pay £50 for a cut, colour and style and £64 if I have the foils done as well. Believe me, it is worth it to avoid the grey as a badger look, which I intend to avoid at all costs. I do my own hair the rest of the time, so it evens out at about £12 per week. I can live with that, especially as I get free coffee and time to read the latest celebrity mags and have a laugh with the staff. I have been going to the same salon for a good few years now and am really happy with the results.

:1::1::1:

Hi,
I have a full head colour and have to have my roots retouched every 5 weeks or I have grey roots - not a good look. I also have foils put in in a different shade twice a year. My hairdresser warned me I would need the roots retouched more often with a full head colour than with highlights(which I used to have), before I decided to do it. The prices in the North-East are much lower than in London though. I pay £50 for a cut, colour and style and £64 if I have the foils done as well. Believe me, it is worth it to avoid the grey as a badger look, which I intend to avoid at all costs. I do my own hair the rest of the time, so it evens out at about £12 per week. I can live with that, especially as I get free coffee and time to read the latest celebrity mags and have a laugh with the staff. I have been going to the same salon for a good few years now and am really happy with the results.

:1::1::1:

That's my attitude. If something is important enough to you, you find the money. Not that I would go without food and heating of course, but you know what I mean!

so what if julia roberts has her hair done and pays £65 a pop. she is on tv and has to loook good.and she does that very well.
i noticed that the daniel green plug was pulled as well... good.
a bit of banter is one thing but that went too far so has this!!!

im not rich, the opposite in fact - mounds of student debt etc anyway i go hairdressers every 4 wks 4 foil highlights and trim n that costs me £50. i dont think £65 4 london prices is that bad especially if ya gonna b on tv!!!

I only go to the hairdressers if absolutely necessary about 8-10 weeks to get a trim. Otherwise I do it myself, colour, perm etc. I also find that no hairdresser has ever done it as good as I can do it myself. Even if I have had it done (on the rare occasions) I come straight home and redo it. When I was younger I even used to cut it myself and probably went 4-5 years without going.

These presenters IMO probably earn more money in a day than most people earn in a week.So £65 is not a lot of money to them.The only thing that i don't like is the constant so called bragging i buy all this skincare and pay so much for this and that.Most people live in the real world are not presenters on good money.They should just keep it to themselves IMO of course.:54:

If Julia has her roots done every four weeks her hair must grow like mad. You can often see her with a very white parting - I had hair not quite as dark as Julia's and I've gone much lighter because I could not bear the white parting against the dark colour. I looked like something from the Addams family!

QVC probably have a hairdresser where they get a discount. So if it's 65 quid WITH the discount...

I have the same prolem my hair and nails grow so quickly, when we were working I used to have my hair done professionally, being on a fixed income now I`m afraid its DIY for me, no one noticed my change to my DIY job and even got compliments! I use the one that you can put highlights in with, i think that hides the grey regrowth well.
I`ve always been able to cut my own hair too, my husband has never paid for a hair cut since we got married and my son paid for the first time about 2 years ago and he`s 36, only because he works away a lot.

I have dark brown hair with a lot of grey and I re-do my colour every 3-4 weeks. It's a bliddy chore I can tell you - I hate the fact that I have to do it, but the grey roots are awful. Usually have it done at the hairdressers a couple of times a year for a treat.

Latest posts

Back