Overnight Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
These shows are a total car crash. I don't know why they just don't go off air completely between 11pm and 7am.

It's clear that the shows are cherry-picked - they're ALWAYS so predictable because they're either a re-run of one of the days Jade shows, a re-showing of either Monotone Dave or Toby Cavill's lectures from earlier in the day, Primal Living, Visage and 'higher end' jewellery show where there's plenty of profit margin (gold, Lorique's, Cavill & Co, etc) or a 'themed hour' (an hour of Nanhong Agate or Strawberry Quartz most likely..........)

There's NEVER any under £10/£20/£30 hours, shows of random mixed jewellery or just an entire 4 hour re-run of an earlier show.

The worst part is that the shows often cut off mid-way through someone talking - and then go straight into another show that is already in mid-flow and half way through a description of another product.

It's so unprofessional and unappealing. Either bring back the live overnight shows - or just close completely.

Yeah, the way the just cut the shows at the hour mark is so jarring. I feel like it would be so much better if they just played an entire 4 hour show.

In the spirit of being fair when due, Jeff had this on at the weekend - and it's still at this price (at time of posting this). Very good weight, tactile & modern. Worth £44, I think...

I have the UNDYED lapis one. Goes well on a cord necklace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-30-06-42-56-898.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-10-30-06-42-56-898.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 61
In the spirit of being fair when due, Jeff had this on at the weekend - and it's still at this price (at time of posting this). Very good weight, tactile & modern. Worth £44, I think...

I have the UNDYED lapis one. Goes well on a cord necklace.

This seems to be typical of Gemporia recently. Their prices are all over the place. That's a good price, and they've done a few shows recently of actual Silver jewellery (not plated tat) in nice designs for like £20.

Then on other shows, like one I saw on Monday, they're doing fairly garish designs, in Midas, for like £90+

It's like the prices are just being plucked out at random.

It's bonkers. This isn't Midas but... 1g of gold (at least 1/3 of which is probably in the bail) and mele I3 single cut diamonds. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-02-03-01-59-647.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-11-02-03-01-59-647.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 25
These shows are a total car crash. I don't know why they just don't go off air completely between 11pm and 7am.

It's clear that the shows are cherry-picked - they're ALWAYS so predictable because they're either a re-run of one of the days Jade shows, a re-showing of either Monotone Dave or Toby Cavill's lectures from earlier in the day, Primal Living, Visage and 'higher end' jewellery show where there's plenty of profit margin (gold, Lorique's, Cavill & Co, etc) or a 'themed hour' (an hour of Nanhong Agate or Strawberry Quartz most likely..........)

There's NEVER any under £10/£20/£30 hours, shows of random mixed jewellery or just an entire 4 hour re-run of an earlier show.

The worst part is that the shows often cut off mid-way through someone talking - and then go straight into another show that is already in mid-flow and half way through a description of another product.

It's so unprofessional and unappealing. Either bring back the live overnight shows - or just close completely.
Just watching Jeff at the moment, he's on 11pm - 3am. Very pleasant, easy-going presentation with some really nice jewellery. Jim Brooman was on earlier, too. These two presenters are such a welcome change from the usual unwatchable, unprofessional, migraine inducing, hyped-up screaming chimpanzees!!

Just watching Jeff at the moment, he's on 11pm - 3am. Very pleasant, easy-going presentation with some really nice jewellery. Jim Brooman was on earlier, too. These two presenters are such a welcome change from the usual unwatchable, unprofessional, migraine inducing, hyped-up screaming chimpanzees!!

Totally agree. Jeff is a breath of fresh air - and Jim is wasted on Gem Collector.

Decided to have a quick look and see which show they're re-running from yesterday (today is Thursday) and it seems they must've sold out of everything yesterday because they're re-running Hattie's evening show from Tuesday!

To me, it seems as if the overnights are always jade (or other DT-led showcase), Primal or Kimbie. They can be a bit odd, cutting off parts of shows or even repeating four hour sections. Today we have five hours of Primal, YouBamboo and tableware. That'll all definitely be on again!

To me, it seems as if the overnights are always jade (or other DT-led showcase), Primal or Kimbie. They can be a bit odd, cutting off parts of shows or even repeating four hour sections. Today we have five hours of Primal, YouBamboo and tableware. That'll all definitely be on again!
Take that back - six hours of no jewellery. Ellis is currently advertised as doing an hour of Kimbie sleepwear as well as the YouBamboo.

It's exactly that. The stuff with high profit margins. You're right about these being repeated again tonight too. This You Bamboo stuff will almost certainly be on at 11pm tonight.

There's never an under £20 or under £30 show on these overnight shows.

Latest posts

Back