Peony Flowers TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In defence of peony, they aren't 'plastic flowers'. They are nothing like the artificial flowers I remember from years ago, they do look very realistic and I do have some lovely arrangements in my home- one from peony but the others from TK Maxx or home sense because, as I said in my previous post, they are far cheaper and no p&p. I also have a stunning vase of red roses I bought from sainsburys about 5 years ago that visitors frequently ask me about as they are so realistic ( I thik they were £1.99 a stem) I get a lot of pleasure out of them to be fair.

i forgot about home sense they do fab faux flowers the best ever. i buy a lot from bloom. been buying from them over many years. but they do bouquets like this for more than double the money of the tsv. if not triple. ordered these but forgot about home sense and got carried away.

thanks for the vase tip i just cant stop laughing its exactly the same. qvc quality VALUE and inconvienience

I can't get my head around the concept of fake flowers - dust magnets, which don't even smell! To add insult to injury, just under £40? As my mum said about the equally overpriced Simple Simon's Perfect Pies (sailing close to the edge with the name), the range must sell, or the Q wouldn't keep selling them.

The trouble is most people hear fake flowers and think of the cheap and nasty tat fake flowers that are around. Peony's really are different, I don't want to sound like an advert for them but I have some and everyone walks up to them and touches them thinking they're real. And as for them being dust magnets - quick blow with the hairdryer every so often and no problem.

They might seem expensive as a one off purchase, but if you like flowers in your house you soon get your money back compared to buying them fresh. I also sneeze terribly from most fresh flowers so why wouldn't I buy fake ones?

I had a horrendously expensive trip to the opticians yesterday and got carried away buying new frames (plural!!!!) so will not be buying. However I strolled through JLP where they had some peony flaaaaars and I thought they were lovely. Mainly white and I thought the vases some of the selections came in were very good quality. I was quite tempted but luckily resisted before bankrupting myself! Also, the price compared well to their other brand of faux flowers, details of which I have now forgotten!

good silk flowers are an investment imo.they can really lift a room. i have a lovely table and these will look lovely in the cream/white tsv. just a nice finishing touch. i also buy fresh as well i just love flarrs

I caved in! Spring is coming and the bouquet will look lovely on my dining table, and as mentioned by boffy it will really lift the room.

I adore the Winter bouquet but can take or leave the Summer and Autumn, shame you can't buy them individually.

I caved in! Spring is coming and the bouquet will look lovely on my dining table, and as mentioned by boffy it will really lift the room.

I adore the Winter bouquet but can take or leave the Summer and Autumn, shame you can't buy them individually.

they may come back though ella if people cancel the autodelivery. i thought i ordered the autodelivery and i didn't. asked if i could cancel and was told the money has already come out and would take 10 days to be put back in. oh well. these will last forever and i love the shape

they may come back though ella if people cancel the autodelivery. i thought i ordered the autodelivery and i didn't. asked if i could cancel and was told the money has already come out and would take 10 days to be put back in. oh well. these will last forever and i love the shape

Good thinking boffy, never thought of that.
Can't believe they are saying they've taken your money already, I thought distance selling retailers could only take your money once the item has been despatched?

Good thinking boffy, never thought of that.
Can't believe they are saying they've taken your money already, I thought distance selling retailers could only take your money once the item has been despatched?

thats true the flowers usually take ages to come as they are made to order. oh well thier loss. will be going to homesense later on to see what they have. i like some of the auto delivery but not so keen on the deep pinks and reds for the summer or winter collections. if the second collection comes i may nab that but not fussed

In defence of peony, they aren't 'plastic flowers'. They are nothing like the artificial flowers I remember from years ago, they do look very realistic and I do have some lovely arrangements in my home- one from peony but the others from TK Maxx or home sense because, as I said in my previous post, they are far cheaper and no p&p. I also have a stunning vase of red roses I bought from sainsburys about 5 years ago that visitors frequently ask me about as they are so realistic ( I thik they were £1.99 a stem) I get a lot of pleasure out of them to be fair.

So, the stems are made of ?...................

So, the stems are made of ?...................

the stems are plastic covered wire the petals are a fine silk type fabric. bloom use some real silk in the blend which is very very good. i think that plastic is used for the more exoctic waxy type flower heards though

I see they have now sold out. Do peony TSVs usually sell out?
I bought the £6.49 vase from homebase and it's gorgeous- really heavy glass and a gorgeous shape. It's about a cm shorter and narrower than the peony one but for a fifth of the price I know what I prefer!

I see they have now sold out. Do peony TSVs usually sell out?
I bought the £6.49 vase from homebase and it's gorgeous- really heavy glass and a gorgeous shape. It's about a cm shorter and narrower than the peony one but for a fifth of the price I know what I prefer!

i will be hot footing it to homebase to get my vase tommorow. i also went to homesense and thier flowers are out of this world. very long stemmed. they are made by sia who make fantastic silk blooms thatcan cost £15 upwards a stem most of the stems were £2.99 . i will compare them to the peony flowers tsv.

Boffy, they also have a stunning £16 version- slightly larger, denser glass called the 'optic'. I was very torn but went for the cheaper one in the end. I will probably end up getting the other one as well sometime however! I can see that arranging flowers will be so easy with the shape of the lip of this vase. Is ish I had walked down the end to look at their artificial flowers I just didn't think of it!

Boffy, they also have a stunning £16 version- slightly larger, denser glass called the 'optic'. I was very torn but went for the cheaper one in the end. I will probably end up getting the other one as well sometime however! I can see that arranging flowers will be so easy with the shape of the lip of this vase. Is ish I had walked down the end to look at their artificial flowers I just didn't think of it!

i think the fluted one is fab for that money but will look for the optic ...by the way i went to homsense thier flowers are quite out of this world. i got huge white hydrangaes, dahlia, japanese anenome, thistle,looks gorgeous i hope the tsv lives up to the hype...

Its probably like I said on an earlier thread, about 'conference table' OTO's. Ordered less stock of the TSV to plan the OTO's for the rest of the day. Apart from the like of Elemis, they probably catch a cold with left over TSV stock (aka Ronni Nicole yesterday), and I can see the time when everything ordered on Q will be on advanced orders only, so no stock is sitting on warehouse shelving.

Just wanted to say, love the vase they have the TSV in. It's a ridiculous price at £27 plus p&p but I have found one almost identical at homebase for £6.49! I have reserved one for store pick up.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/handkerchief-vase---clear-184549

SuziQ, thanks very much for this.
I've just ordered 2 of them for delivery. (I don't have a Homebase near me).
Paid for next day delivery, so the bill came to just under £20.00 all in. Would have been over £30.00 at Q for just one.
Just need to find something to put in the ****** things now!! Ha Ha

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back