Perricone - lies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I notice Perricone "No foundation foundation" is now the Beauty Product of the Month. I use this all the time and it's my one indulgence with the range. It suits my skin and is not heavy and I love it. I really wouldn't use anything else. BUT, this morning, Anne Dawson was waxing lyrical in her usual manner. Don't get me wrong, I like Anne and her presentations, but she told a blatant mistruth during the demo. She said that this is the only product she takes into the bathroom to use after cleanser and toner, and by the time she's ready to leave her face looks flawless. Oh come on! We've all see the pictures of her with the ruddy complexion and the issues she has. The only thing she's ever sworn by to get rid of that is the Bare Minerals range. I know from using this product, and even Alison has said that it will not cover blemishes. It's totally misleading to suggest it does. Any blemishes and spots have to be touched up after with a concealer. I have some issues on my skin, so I have to do the same. It really grates on me that presenters will blatantly lie to sell the product. Anne is more or less saying that the foundation makes her skin look how it does, and I just don't believe that. If it did, why do they need to launch a concealer? I'm surprised Cara (?) didn't make it more clear but I presume she's never seen AD without makeup.

Frankly, I find it bluddy incredible that they think they can get away with making such silly claims.
The proof is in the appearance.
I suppose a personal testimonial is just that - personal, but the general skincare claims are often downright lies.

Ann Dawson has quite bad roseaca and goes on about how well BE covers it for her. So sorry, but no way would the Perricone do a damn thing for her.

Exactly!
It is marketed as being sheer, giving translucent coverage.

Have you seen that article in the Daily Fail about rosacea?
... researchers from the National University of Ireland have found evidence it could be triggered by bacteria living inside tiny mites that reside on our faces
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ndition-rosacea-caused-mite-faeces-pores.html

Yes I did read that. So they say its mange!!!!! Some US experts are linking it to a stomach bug which can also cause stomach ulcers H Py something. Now funny I did have bleeding ulcers at one point and tested positive for the stomach bug too. I am very lucky as my roseaca is mild, only seems to flair up if I use the wrong products or the sun.

Anne Dawson looks like she has been bashed in the face with a frying pan. It would probably require something heavier than that Perricone product to cover that redness. The Perricone product is quite like the Nanoblur cream / The Boots Number 7 equivalent. It will cover some imperfections but not a high level of redness.

I have had a shitty day today & this made me laugh out loud thanks :happy:

Last edited:
I have had a shitty day today & this made me laugh out loud thanks :happy:

Well keep reading the threads Madge - there's been quite a few really funny posts today, so hopefully your 'shitty day' will soon melt away in even more LOL moments! :sun:

"Anne Dawson looks like she has been bashed in the face with a frying pan. It would probably require something heavier than that Perricone product to cover that redness. The Perricone product is quite like the Nanoblur cream / The Boots Number 7 equivalent. It will cover some imperfections but not a high level of redness."

Loool, so true!! :happy: In the small space between her hair and neck she manages to encompass a kaleidescope of colours not out of place on a Dulux paint chart.

Yes I did read that. So they say its mange!!!!! Some US experts are linking it to a stomach bug which can also cause stomach ulcers H Py something. Now funny I did have bleeding ulcers at one point and tested positive for the stomach bug too. I am very lucky as my roseaca is mild, only seems to flair up if I use the wrong products or the sun.

Hadn't previously seen that article - mange it is, then! I was diagnosed with the H Py bug two years ago but have had fairly mild rosacea for about five. Have to give credit where it is due, only through trying various skin products from Q - with the mbg - was I able to discover that Liz Earle and Bare Minerals work for me. Do wish LE would make facial wipes - so much easier when travelling - but I guess they would have to put alcohol in them and that's the main thing I've learnt to avoid. And sun too, Donna.....

Latest posts

Back