Peter Simon joining TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am looking forward to the dynamic between him and Marina

She is the epitome of everything he isn't as a TV shopping presenter very rarely over eggs things can be serious and can be very relaxed just an all-round excellent presenter and one of only a few industry-wide never seen a negative word about on here

Going to be a strange experience for PS to play second fiddle to someone he seemingly took under his wing a long time ago. Marina in no way strikes me as someone who would agree to do a show with someone she doesn't respect/like

Should be interesting however it goes
I think PS took charge He even called some Tupperware exquisite, which cracked me up. I couldn't take it anymore, so I turned it off after 20 minutes.

What wouldn't surprise me is, to avoid being accused of outright lying, they very possibly do have higher prices printed on their meaningless sheets of paper than the eventual selling price. So Peter and Marina maybe did have £1,285 (or whatever it was) on their sheets, whilst knowing all the time the product would drop to half that.

Yep agree with that, while the presenters quite often lie about the products/brands, the RRPs/starting price and finally selling price isn't a lie in of itself, but it is part of the bigger deception/deceitful behaviour, which starts with the brand with outlandish RRPs, concocted brand and watch stories and exaggerated quality, but the shopping channel all too willingly colludes with the brand and uses the info to fed to them to deceive their viewers.
Now I know some folks will say, but it ain't the channels fault, it ain't the poor presenters fault blah blah, they're only repeating what the brand has told them, but sorry that doesn't wash.

On the prices/RRP, the buyer has a brand rep/distributor wanting you to retail their watches, gives you the brand details, stories etc, RRP of £2995 watches, quality wise they are £3000 watches equivalent in quality to Swiss brands at a similar price point. wholesale price to you say £300/£400 you can sell at £500/£600 ballpark. It would take a reputable buyer/product researcher about 5 minutes investigation online to realise they've been fed a load of baloney, but no the shopping TV buyer uses that baloney to help deceive the viewers and sell the watches. Presenters then join in the fun adding their own little anecdotes of what an incredible bargain (It's an Introductory offer to explain the ridiculous price compared to the RRP), how great the quality of the watch you're getting, a future heirloom piece that must be insured.

Yeah, it's a deception from the brand to the presenters, there are no innocent involved.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 22.05.08.jpeg

GX Pillows (old IW product) with Peter Simon (old IW product) and Carmel (who looks like she'd rather be somewhere else) tonight. Riveting stuff.

I hopped on for 5 mins last night and they were flogging a watch. It dropped from whatever to around £799. Cue surprised look from Peter and Marina.

Peter: Producer, is that price right? I have £1,285 on my list here?!?'

Cue a bit more of Peter and Marina looking around with a faux puzzled look on their faces.

You can say chill out, it's just sales patter. Or equally you can say it's a sales technique intentionally used to mislead the viewer they are getting a better deal than they should be.

I know which one I think it is ;)
Me too. Me too.

That's Jenny Cleary. Carmel was on this morning with Sally though, so she had it just as bad
Sally and Carmel are on now and there were a few messages asking where people knew Sally from. For some bizarre reason Carmel kept saying that people would know her from ‘another programme’. Why not just say she was previously at IW? It just reminds me of the Zhuzh presentations when they wouldn’t mention it either. A quick Google will tell you all you need to know, so what’s the point? They don’t exist anymore, so they are not benefiting from the advertising?

Sally and Carmel are on now and there were a few messages asking where people knew Sally from. For some bizarre reason Carmel kept saying that people would know her from ‘another programme’. Why not just say she was previously at IW? It just reminds me of the Zhuzh presentations when they wouldn’t mention it either. A quick Google will tell you all you need to know, so what’s the point? They don’t exist anymore, so they are not benefiting from the advertising?
I dont get why they just aren’t honest, Jenny Cleary Is one who has been around the channels, Jewellery Maker, Create and Craft and TJC there maybe more

This Email from a person called Hammy from Scotland made me laugh though. They were praising up Peter Simon,

I dont get why they just aren’t honest, Jenny Cleary Is one who has been around the channels, Jewellery Maker, Create and Craft and TJC there maybe more

This Email from a person called Hammy from Scotland made me laugh though. They were praising up Peter Simon,

Oh that's deffo not me then, even as a joke i wouldn't be praising him. :ROFLMAO:

Only watched a little of both these presenters and I mean a little. Peter Simon I will never knowingly watch again!! Jenny looked absolutely gutted she had to put up with this man.. Sally I thought on her first show she had quieted down but after watching her for a short time with Carmel this morning it's without a doubt a No No from me. I cannot see how they are going to fit in TJC with their style of presenting its NOT good!!. The positive side I will save money until the more relaxed style of the existing members of staff are presenting! Otherwise I'm going to need Prozac. I don't like to see people out of work but to me they don't fit and I value my sanity

As Rubia said Sally was back to hyper mode this morning and Carmel then had to match the non-stop talking which resulted in just a constant noise

Chris made me laugh when he took over and said something along those lines but in his nicer way

The first hour of Jenny with Peter was so bad I couldn't watch just cringed and had no connection which for Jenny is very unusual, from about 11.30 onwards something clicked and it wasn't as bad but I doubt we see that combination very much going forward

As Rubia said Sally was back to hyper mode this morning and Carmel then had to match the non-stop talking which resulted in just a constant noise

Chris made me laugh when he took over and said something along those lines but in his nicer way

The first hour of Jenny with Peter was so bad I couldn't watch just cringed and had no connection which for Jenny is very unusual, from about 11.30 onwards something clicked and it wasn't as bad but I doubt we see that combination very much going forward
Jenny looked uneasy last night, and not like her, I turned off after they were selling the Pillow, Peter done all the chatting, Jenny just went emm and ahh a few times

There are not many/any other slots she can really get so she isn't getting a lot of choice unless someone regular is leaving which seems highly unlikely

None of the "newer" presenters are on our website page yet including the other two who started a few weeks back it is a lovely touch they added Loen on

Latest posts

Back