Phillip Schofield

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just seen BBC new and PS has resigned from ITV with immediate effect after admitting lying to media and colleagues about an affair with a younger ITV employee whilst still married.

Just seen BBC new and PS has resigned from ITV with immediate effect after admitting lying to media and colleagues about an affair with a younger ITV employee whilst still married.
I saw that too. Despite the fact that he is largely the architect of his own destruction, I have some sympathy for him with the rapid turn of events. He is saying the right things and I hope he truly means them and learns from this experience.

I saw that too. Despite the fact that he is largely the architect of his own destruction, I have some sympathy for him with the rapid turn of events. He is saying the right things and I hope he truly means them and learns from this experience.
He‘s saying the right things for damage limitation purposes, he has known this younger man since he was 10 years old, got him a job at This Morning and according to him started an affair with him when he was over 18, there‘s more to come out with this story.

He's long made a fool of his wife, really staggered me that she was apparently so supportive of him finally coming out. Frankly, I'm amazed so many people didn't realise he was gay, married or not; I guessed he was gay a long, long time ago.
Regardless of his personal life, I've always struggled to understand why so many people seem to like him. I can't stand him, never could. No great broadcasting talent there that I can see. Bet he's wishing he stayed in the closet with Gordon the Gopher all that time ago on children's tv.

It’s like any politician, stay too long and you think you’re untouchable.
Yes, I think they feel like laws and norms are for the ordinary folks, and the fans and sycophants lead them to believe they are a cut above.
No doubt he has deeply hurt those closest to him, but if they choose to forgive and stand by him it’s their right.

Yes, the tabloids are having a field day today. The affair with the younger man, now whether true, it has been said he knew the young man since he was 8 years old. But nothing happened until he was over the age to consent. Eamon is going for the throat, saying Pip lied to everyone about the affair and swore it did not happen, making fools of them. Oh, and yes, ITV did know said nothing until the sh*t was hitting the fan last week and sacked Pip. As I said earlier in this thread, the runner when dumped when to the Sunday tabloids and sold his story, but the super injunction was put in place to stop them printing.

I keep wanting to sing Don Henley of the Eagles song Dirt Laundry. I believe it was his? One of the Eagles, anyway.

The press have hold of a story and there are enemies not even lurking in the background any more. If I were that young man's parents, I'd also be watching with great interest. Watch this space.

And I'm sick of people insincerely apologising after they've been caught out. They're only sorry they've been caught out. If they were truly sorry for what they've done or said, they'd have apologised long before and taken the flak (public shaming, dismissal, prison - whatever).

Those rumours about him with a much younger man have been around for ages.
If we knew then no chance others on TM didn’t.
Holly has just markled him.
How weak! He needs his friends now, & I thought she was one of his!

He‘s saying the right things for damage limitation purposes, he has known this younger man since he was 10 years old, got him a job at This Morning and according to him started an affair with him when he was over 18, there‘s more to come out with this story.
I think things are going to become very messy.

Latest posts

Back