Phillips Air Fryer-Lowest price ever,but still a lot cheaper at Argos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Horatio you may call me Pink Pussy if you wish...:wink:

Thanks for the great review, it sounds fab. I never usually fry anything cos I hate the smell of oil and won't tolerate fat spitting on my hob so I'm really looking forward to some proper chips now. I have already ordered mine (black) online and it's being delivered on Tuesday, just got to find room in the kitchen for it now!! :grin:

OK I will refer to you from now on as "Pink Pussy" which funnily enough are my favourite type........:tongue:
I am sure you will be happy with your Airfryer Pink Pussy and as for taking up room you will find that they will fit anywhere on your worktop as they only measure 10 inch at their widest point which is smaller than your average four slice toaster or sandwich maker.
Don't forget to visit the Philips website for great tips and questions answered on the Airfryer Pink Pussy and the Argos reviews and questions answered section on the Airfryer is also worth visiting.
Remember don't waste money on buying over priced recipe books when you can download for free endless recipes and tips on the internet......:up:
Tomorrow night Mrs H is going to try making a Meatloaf using Minced Steak,Bacon,Mushroom,Onion and breadcrumbs..........Mmmmm Heaven:tongue:

No, and I don't jump to their defence all the time. No shopping channel is perfect (and far from it), but some people think they are only there to sell you crap and are always over priced and unreliable. I know these aren't always true.

For instance, there was one person who started a thread who said that they think one shopping channel is awful, just want your money, and take ages to deliver. My experience is, that channel has NEVER taken more than 4 days to deliver, and the items I got were great. I also found out he had never bought from the channel before! What I don't like is, when people say they hate a channel, and others just agree as they've heared a bad comment.
For insteance, people wont pick a holiday, just because it has a few bad reviews, as it makes them think it'll be bad. I don't feel that people can make comments like this when they haven't tried before. THIS is why there are a couple of people who moan, and I WILL decide to argue against them, as they have never bought before.

That IS unfair. Because ALL shopping channels want your money - that's what they're in business for!

But if a shopping channel makes a big thing about how affordable their goods are compared to others (like IW has on MORE than one occasion), then it can stand the criticism when something they're trumpeting as a good deal is actually a lot cheaper elsewhere.

C'est la vie - if IW don't like it, then they either ignore it or undercut Argos' offer. Simples.

Has anyone managed to try their airfryer yet, what's the verdict ?

Me and Mrs H have had the Airfryer for nearly a week now,and we give it a big thumbs up for versatility and value for money (£99.99 at Argos).
Mrs H has never been out of the kitchen since I brought it home she has made everything traditional from homemade chips to meatloaf and everything in between and the results have been truly amazing......:tongue:
Ignore negative reviews about this product as the majority of them are down to human error and not following the advice given by Philips in their manual.
Homemade chips are easy just soak them in water for 30 mins then dry them off place them in a bowl and toss with 15ml of oil remove from the bowl preheat the fryer for 3 minutes and place them into your fryer for 20 minutes giving them a shake half way through cooking time.......Simples!
And believe me they taste like the cats whiskers and the dogs dangly bits........:up:
There was some talk about not being able to cook sausages in the Airfryer but the manual says everything that you fry,bake,roast or grill can be cooked in your fryer so we cooked Lincolnshire sausages and they came out perfectly brown all the way round with no stripes and tasted tops!
Tefal also make something similar called the Actifry but the Airfryer comes out on top as you can cook two things at the same time you use less oil and it is more reliable in the long run as the Tefal Actifry has problems with broken paddles and lid hinges and takes up more room on your worktop.
The Tefal Actifry has one thing over the Airfryer which is capacity but apart from that the Airfryer wins hands down every time.

Happy Airfrying..........:wink:

I decided to get one of these as I hate putting my oven on just for me. Well ..................... I love it. I have made the almost obligatory chips and yes, they are lovely and cooked quite quickly. I did buy one of the accessory square baking tins from Philips, handy as it has a handle to lift out of the fryer basket but any dish no bigger than 16cm circumference can be used in the airfryer. I have baked potato gratin, roasted some veg, baked a cheese and onion pie, vege sausage rolls, baked potato, tried lots of things, generally playing with it. Just love it. Easy to clean too. Definite thumbs up from me. :up:

How are you all getting on with your new toy?:clapping: I love my airfryer. Just made Jacket potatoes, lovely.
We like our Airfryer too..........!
We haven't done Jacket potatoes yet dollydimple,but I would like to know how you do them if you don't mind passing on your technique.....:happy:

We like our Airfryer too..........!
We haven't done Jacket potatoes yet dollydimple,but I would like to know how you do them if you don't mind passing on your technique.....:happy:

Very easy.
Prewarm airfryer for 3 minutes at 200c. Wash, dry and prick potatoes. I didn't put any oil on them. Put directly into wire basket of airfryer. Bake for 12 mins on 200c, turn them over and bake for 20 mins at 160c, turning over half way through. Jacket skin lovely and brown and potato filling soft and fluffy - tasted better than when I bake them in the big oven. May have to adjust time a bit dependant on how many potatoes / size. I baked 2 medium / large potatoes. Enjoy. :happy:

Latest posts

Back