Plants To Garden Pinks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you cant afford Plants 2 Garden Pinks Lidl have 6 for £4.99 the very same variety and colour p61585
Good old Lidl. I always buy myself a small bunch of their roses or whatever’s in season to remember late loved ones on their birthdays, Mother’s Day, etc, and Lidl are just brilliant even though they are only £2-£3. More often than not, they last a good 10 days (helps that I have a cool house). I have had mixed results with their plants but I think that’s due to my lack of knowledge / gardening skill. I bought three smallish lavender plants in pots in May - shrivelled within a couple of weeks. I’m now struggling with some recent buxus ball plants (£9 each) which are starting to look like they might be on their way out as well 😥 I have good success with their geraniums, primula, and the ones that look like pink daisies, though, so I’ll probably always check that section of Lidl out. Wish I had my Dad’s Green fingers.

A tip for Lavender. They are perennial plants but they dont last forever for most of us. When you plant in the garden sprinkle some fish bone and blood in the planting hole, some sharp grit and puddle with water. People think that because its a med plant it does not need water but it does. It loved full sun as well.

A tip for Lavender. They are perennial plants but they dont last forever for most of us. When you plant in the garden sprinkle some fish bone and blood in the planting hole, some sharp grit and puddle with water. People think that because its a med plant it does not need water but it does. It loved full sun as well.
Aw, thanks, boffy. The little card in the pot said they favour dry soil but I thought the soil in the pot they were in was too dry so I watered a bit. I also moved them to a shadier spot just in case the direct sun where they were was cooking them. I’ll try again and with your tips, thanks. Some of my neighbours have big, healthy lavender plants in the front and I’ve always thought it must be good conditions round here, but not for me so far. Wish me luck. By the way, do you know if there’s a way to take cuttings and grow lavender as I could ask a neighbour for one from their thriving bushes??

Aw, thanks, boffy. The little card in the pot said they favour dry soil but I thought the soil in the pot they were in was too dry so I watered a bit. I also moved them to a shadier spot just in case the direct sun where they were was cooking them. I’ll try again and with your tips, thanks. Some of my neighbours have big, healthy lavender plants in the front and I’ve always thought it must be good conditions round here, but not for me so far. Wish me luck. By the way, do you know if there’s a way to take cuttings and grow lavender as I could ask a neighbour for one from their thriving bushes??
I just take some new growth without flower buds ,strip off the bottom leaves and put in a pot of compost. To be honest they always take and I seem to have got quite a lot of plants round about the garden and in pots.🤭
I do the same with most perennials. Do remember to trim Lavenders back after flowering and don't go into old wood.

Just break bits and take the lower leaves off. Use a real seed compost makes a massive difference for seed sowing and cuttings. Ordinary compost is not the right texture and holds too much water: rots the cuttings. Leave them on a windowsill with a clear plastic cover. If you like seed sowing and taking cuttings B&Q have nice propagators with lids and tray. cheap as chips.
Also these favour a free draining soil not a dry soil. Massive difference imo. The added grit in the planting hole when they are big enough to plant out will aid the draining. Dont mistake free draining soil to not watering plants

I just take some new growth without flower buds ,strip off the bottom leaves and put in a pot of compost. To be honest they always take and I seem to have got quite a lot of plants round about the garden and in pots.🤭
I do the same with most perennials. Do remember to trim Lavenders back after flowering and don't go into old wood.
Just break bits and take the lower leaves off. Use a real seed compost makes a massive difference for seed sowing and cuttings. Ordinary compost is not the right texture and holds too much water: rots the cuttings. Leave them on a windowsill with a clear plastic cover. If you like seed sowing and taking cuttings B&Q have nice propagators with lids and tray. cheap as chips.
Also these favour a free draining soil not a dry soil. Massive difference imo. The added grit in the planting hole when they are big enough to plant out will aid the draining. Dont mistake free draining soil to not watering plants
Thank you both very much. I have taken all this info on board. In fact, I’ve made a separate note especially for lavender on my mobile! I’ll let you know what happens.

I just put my cuttings in with any compost to be honest and the only failure I get is if I do it after August.
I'm going to do lots of Pinks Lavender,got a lovely white one, and Rosemary tomorrow if I don't end up in A&Ecafter managing to trip over the lawn rake and rip some skin off my shin.😪😪

Latest posts

Back