Plants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Hi, Ive had a bad week with plants from QVC. Firstly I received my RH busy lizzies and they were virtually dead. Looking at the reviews, the all said the same thing. They have taken the item down now. It was disappointing because his stuff is usually fine.

Then today I get an email to say that the verbenas from Plants2Garden I ordered arent coming after all and then they had to cheek to put on my order status that Customer Cancelled.

Anyone else had any problems

I had so many problems with plants from qvc last year, delivered dead, damaged or way too late for planting. I had 2 lots of replacements and they were in the same condition, eventually was refunded. I’m on the qvc Gone Gardening Facebook page and there have been others with the same problem this year.

Cant you go to the garden centres or even your local Tesco's they do fabulous plants and bedding and shrubs. QVC sell miserable looking plants at the most exorbitant prices. Even if they are good quality the prices are ridiculous. Online like T&M are good also plus you pay one lot of postage. For the life of me cant see the attraction to buying plants from QVC I just cant!!!!!

I think a lot of plant companies all over are having trouble with their offerings this year. Cold, dark, wet conditions and no one wanting to go out in the garden. I get offers every day of discounts. The only plants I buy now are P2G which are very well established plants and are big enough to survive. They also won't send out plants that haven't performed which I think are many this year. Better a cancellation than sending out items that just won't thrive.

CC

Cant you go to the garden centres or even your local Tesco's they do fabulous plants and bedding and shrubs. QVC sell miserable looking plants at the most exorbitant prices. Even if they are good quality the prices are ridiculous. Online like T&M are good also plus you pay one lot of postage. For the life of me cant see the attraction to buying plants from QVC I just cant!!!!!
Supermarket plants always look as though they need watering.

Sadly I am not very mobile at the moment, need 2 knee replacements (one is being done shortly hopefully) so I ordered them so that I didnt have to go out walking round Garden Centres. However, I did buy a tray of busy lizzies from The Range yesterday and met friends for lunch at the local Garden Centre and bought a tray of mixed bedding plants. I did struggle especially as I use a crutch at the moment but I managed it. What a difference in the condition of the plants

I think a lot of plant companies all over are having trouble with their offerings this year. Cold, dark, wet conditions and no one wanting to go out in the garden. I get offers every day of discounts. The only plants I buy now are P2G which are very well established plants and are big enough to survive. They also won't send out plants that haven't performed which I think are many this year. Better a cancellation than sending out items that just won't thrive.

CC
I do wonder if the verbenas I ordered from Plants2Garden werent viable and thats why they were cancelled.

Hi, Ive had a bad week with plants from QVC. Firstly I received my RH busy lizzies and they were virtually dead. Looking at the reviews, the all said the same thing. They have taken the item down now. It was disappointing because his stuff is usually fine.

Then today I get an email to say that the verbenas from Plants2Garden I ordered arent coming after all and then they had to cheek to put on my order status that Customer Cancelled.

Anyone else had any problems
You could say that! I am going to stop believing QVC when they tell us how wonderful their plants are. They are not good at all. I recently bought Verbena, they arrived as extremely forced young plants and nothing like the thick green healthy plants shown to us on the programme. Why do I keep falling for it? It’s happened to me so many times with QVC that I have given myself a good talking to and told myself NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpeg
    IMG_4289.jpeg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 0
For years, numerous complaints every year about the state of plants bought from QVC. I am going by their Facebook page, photos of the dead or dying plants customers get, then the odd person saying they never had a problem. It must cost QVC a fortune each year with the MBG, you would think they would just throw the towel in.

Watching the show now. He used to sell huge plants that came in boxes nearly as tall as me. Hes now selling plants in 3 inch pots that are around £10.00 each. In the High street they would be £2 to £3 there is no way I would pay that from Plants to Garden.Paying all those QVC presenters huge wages. Luckily I have a huge B&Q that is super cheap with fantastic plants for very little money.

Sadly I am not very mobile at the moment, need 2 knee replacements (one is being done shortly hopefully) so I ordered them so that I didnt have to go out walking round Garden Centres. However, I did buy a tray of busy lizzies from The Range yesterday and met friends for lunch at the local Garden Centre and bought a tray of mixed bedding plants. I did struggle especially as I use a crutch at the moment but I managed it. What a difference in the condition of the plants

I do wonder if the verbenas I ordered from Plants2Garden werent viable and thats why they were cancelled.
Have you seen P2G are selling verbenas today? Are they the same as the ones you have had cancelled?

Have you seen P2G are selling verbenas today? Are they the same as the ones you have had cancelled?
No I didnt but just checked and they werent the same ones cause mine were mixed colours, mostly pink based. I am quite disappointed really

Watching the show now. He used to sell huge plants that came in boxes nearly as tall as me. Hes now selling plants in 3 inch pots that are around £10.00 each. In the High street they would be £2 to £3 there is no way I would pay that from Plants to Garden.Paying all those QVC presenters huge wages. Luckily I have a huge B&Q that is super cheap with fantastic plants for very little money.
Ive had quite alot of Plants2Garden stuff and been really pleased with it. Yesterday I got some dahlias of theirs which were on advanced orders. They looked pretty healthy so lets see if they are ok

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that QVC plants are ideal for people who don’t have easy access to garden centres etc, but I think they pay dearly for the convenience. Their prices are extortionate for what are usually small plants. Especially the shrubs which they sell at a few inches high - garden centres will sell a medium size or fully grown plant for around the same price.

I don't have a garden centre near me and don't drive. I purchased some houseplants from Amazon a few months back. Think i paid about £29 for 5, they were a mixed selection, came very wll packaged and were in great condition, I was pleasantly surprised. Might have a nose and see if they do some decent outdoor ones ,

Latest posts

Back