Hobby Maker Delivery.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No1sanddancer

Registered Shopper
I make cards as a hobby and have had the need to order adhesive things this week. Between Hobby Maker and Create and Craft I got what I wanted. With Hobby Maker I ordered glue, finger lift tape and as an impulse buy, a pack of card. That was on the 22nd of May. Today, without much notice, a Yodel driver delivered one roll of fingerlift tape. On its own. Not withstanding that the picture showed 2 rolls that appeared to be of different sizes with a description of 12/18mm x 25m at a cost of £2.69, not one roll. My mistake for not reading the product information and going by the look. Who sends one small item out when 3 items are ordered? Who shows pictures of two rolls of tape when one is sent. Hobby Maker do. When I rang customer services to ask about the rest of the order, I was told all the items were coming from different places and would be sent out seperately. When I asked about a time scale I was told 7 to 10 working days, maybe the end of next week or the begining of the following week! The order is marked as dispatched but not marked as complete a status that confused me. So I presume by dispatched, that is put on imediatley, they mean they have dispatched the to order to the various suppliers, not actually dispatched the items themselves. Meanwhile my one item Create and Craft order is with Evri and I expect it to be delivered tomorow. My last Hobby Maker order was earlier this month with 2 items from the same maker, ordered on May 6th, order complete by May 8th and recieved a few days later. So that took 4 days to post an item that was in stock. Not in America, as Dave said on air, so you won't have to wait for it to come from there. He said that like it was a good thing. I though that was a strange thing to say, but obviously not by HM standards. Basically they are working as sales for various companies without holding any stock themselves. Bit of a strange business model, but then again, it means they have no outlay on stock.

HobbyMaker do take longer to deliver most of the time than Create and Craft in my experience. If I order from C & C and it’s delivered from the company, like John -Next -Door, it’s superfast. Sizzix are not bad, Craftstash take a while but have good CS but I have ordered directly from Jane Davenport in Australia a couple of times and have been amazed at how quickly I have received the goods from them and usually with a lovely message inside too.

I buy my craft stuff from lots of different places it really pays to look around. I think with the one postage all day I might buy more for Hobby Maker but the descriptions of the products are woeful. If I can't see what I'm getting how much card for example or what size it is I just won't buy it. If they improved this I'm sure they would get a lot more business.

I buy my craft stuff from lots of different places it really pays to look around. I think with the one postage all day I might buy more for Hobby Maker but the descriptions of the products are woeful. If I can't see what I'm getting how much card for example or what size it is I just won't buy it. If they improved this I'm sure they would get a lot more business.
I agree, I was looking at tape runner pens and had to find a picture to enlarge to find out the length of the tape because there was nothing in the description. I find both the Create and Craft and Hobby Maker sites hard work and usually give up and go elswhere. And C & C empty your basket in minutes if you do not place an order, so I just stop looking at that point. I have plenty of stash to use up and have not made any big purchases for ages but shopping for glue has reminded me of how bad these two suppliers are!

Delivery Update!!! With only around 40 minutes notice, both of my missing items have been delivered this evening. Seperate parcels as expected. What a weird system. Think I need a lie down now!

Ordered more stash from The Works after 11pm on Friday night and have had an email this morning to say the parcel is with evri already!

I make cards as a hobby and have had the need to order adhesive things this week. Between Hobby Maker and Create and Craft I got what I wanted. With Hobby Maker I ordered glue, finger lift tape and as an impulse buy, a pack of card. That was on the 22nd of May. Today, without much notice, a Yodel driver delivered one roll of fingerlift tape. On its own. Not withstanding that the picture showed 2 rolls that appeared to be of different sizes with a description of 12/18mm x 25m at a cost of £2.69, not one roll. My mistake for not reading the product information and going by the look. Who sends one small item out when 3 items are ordered? Who shows pictures of two rolls of tape when one is sent. Hobby Maker do. When I rang customer services to ask about the rest of the order, I was told all the items were coming from different places and would be sent out seperately. When I asked about a time scale I was told 7 to 10 working days, maybe the end of next week or the begining of the following week! The order is marked as dispatched but not marked as complete a status that confused me. So I presume by dispatched, that is put on imediatley, they mean they have dispatched the to order to the various suppliers, not actually dispatched the items themselves. Meanwhile my one item Create and Craft order is with Evri and I expect it to be delivered tomorow. My last Hobby Maker order was earlier this month with 2 items from the same maker, ordered on May 6th, order complete by May 8th and recieved a few days later. So that took 4 days to post an item that was in stock. Not in America, as Dave said on air, so you won't have to wait for it to come from there. He said that like it was a good thing. I though that was a strange thing to say, but obviously not by HM standards. Basically they are working as sales for various companies without holding any stock themselves. Bit of a strange business model, but then again, it means they have no outlay on stock.
They did say at various points that this was the case and that they do have some stock in their own warehouse such as the American Crafts items. I suppose I'm looking at the price and not working to a deadline. If that was the case I would be a bit more stressed

Latest posts

Back