I've gone to the ASA about Shop Extra already

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a reply from Shop Extra:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear of this.

In order for us to try and look further into this for you, please may you provide the clip where this was mentioned and the time and date of the show?

We do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment that this has caused and we will try to resolve this issue in the best timely manner possible for you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we would be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

You couldn't make it up. So I replied:

Do you not have a copy of your own show? It was running at 930pm on the shop extra channel on Bank Holiday Monday 28th August. Which is when I ordered. It was clearly stated in the show several times that EVERY order would receive free scissors and in fact it was stated several times that if you ordered 10 piranha items then you would receive 10 free scissors.

There was another promotion running earlier in the weekend that involved a prize draw but that was something separate.

Go back and look at the show that YOU broadcast between 9 and 10 pm on 28th August. I have already now complained to the ASA. Here is a thread on the shopping telly forum is started:

https://forum.shoppingtelly.com/threads/ive-gone-to-the-asa-about-shop-extra-already.66678/

In it, several other viewers confirm that EVERY order was to receive free scissors.

Just honour your own offers. It isn't difficult. Until I receive the scissors that I am entitled to I will not be shopping with you and we were regular ideal world buyers.

Regards

I am not going to do the leg work for them. They need to honour their own promotions. Until I get the scissors they will not see a penny from me.

This lot really are despicable. They have messaged me back saying they have a recording of the show but that they want to see a recording I made so they can be sure I watched the same show???

What on earth are they playing at? I have told them I am no longer playing their games. They have lost a customer and I am reporting them to trading standards as well.

This lot really are despicable. They have messaged me back saying they have a recording of the show but that they want to see a recording I made so they can be sure I watched the same show???

That is patently ridiculous. Since they have a recording of the show they already know you're correct in your complaint. Who the heck records shopping TV anyway? Putting the onus on you to confirm what they must already know from reviewing the footage is … disingenuous to the max.

They have an exact time to the second that I made my order (21:32:06) and they have a recording of the show from 9pm to 10pm and yet they are still arsing about and not giving me the scissors.

Do they want customers? We were proper regular customers and bought the day to day stuff like blue magic etc. Well no more. I shall source anything I want from other places, even if it is more expensive. These people are absolute scumbags.

I got a reply from Shop Extra:

You couldn't make it up. So I replied:

I am not going to do the leg work for them. They need to honour their own promotions. Until I get the scissors they will not see a penny from me.

they will have a copy, it's part of their broadcasting licence with ofcom. All broadcasters have to keep a recording in case OFCOM request a copy for whatever reason, complaints etc.

So we know they have a copy, we know they have looked at it, and we know that they have an exact time to the second that I ordered. So it's clear they are just playing silly buggers. Absolutely shocked by this.

So we know they have a copy, we know they have looked at it, and we know that they have an exact time to the second that I ordered. So it's clear they are just playing silly buggers. Absolutely shocked by this.
Are you really that suprised?
My advice is just don’t buy from them.
Rattan shysters made a living off gullible customers before IW went bust.
Remember they went bust and left many upset customers,but popped up here on a new channel,as if nothing had happened.
Yes I watched the free scissors deal but did think anyone with a mind for business,would not do that because they would actually lose money 💰
Hence the scissors were never going to show,please remember these persons track record is not good.

Who the heck records shopping TV anyway?
When I was buying any major items from QVC I did record the presentation so I could refer to it myself if the item did not live up to what they said on air and I wanted to return it at their expense.

I probably still have the recording of the radio where the guest (who I haven't seen recently) said the company was British through and through, then she turned the radio around to show the back, where it clearly said MADE IN CHINA.

When I was buying any major items from QVC I did record the presentation so I could refer to it myself if the item did not live up to what they said on air and I wanted to return it at their expense.

I probably still have the recording of the radio where the guest (who I haven't seen recently) said the company was British through and through, then she turned the radio around to show the back, where it clearly said MADE IN CHINA.

It was more of a rhetorical question; I don't imagine most people think "ooh this item looks good I'm gonna buy one. I better start recording it just in case it arrives and its not as described on the telly… Now, where did I put the old VHS recorder?"

I mean, clearly shoppers SHOULD record if the buck is going to be passed to them to 'prove' the claims they heard during the presentation.

It was more of a rhetorical question; I don't imagine most people think "ooh this item looks good I'm gonna buy one. I better start recording it just in case it arrives and its not as described on the telly… Now, where did I put the old VHS recorder?"

I mean, clearly shoppers SHOULD record if the buck is going to be passed to them to 'prove' the claims they heard during the presentation.
As I said, mainly for expensive items, many well over £600 each eg electric bike, Bose radios, and a TV (which WAS returned).

And I also make screen shots of descriptions etc of all the items I order.

That is patently ridiculous. Since they have a recording of the show they already know you're correct in your complaint. Who the heck records shopping TV anyway? Putting the onus on you to confirm what they must already know from reviewing the footage is … disingenuous to the max.

I record too (although not since IW's demise).

I've loads of IW watch shows recorded to hard drive, used them for checking claims being made during shows, ie lowest ever price etc, and as evidence for the ASA complaints i put in about lying shyster scumbags. Bit annoyed they went bust before ASA had a chance to rule on my latest complaint about their Christophe Duchamp shows. :)

Ah fair enough then - maybe Shop Extra is justified in asking the OP to produce a recording to back up their complaint

Latest posts

Back