I've gone to the ASA about Shop Extra already

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

haribo

Registered Shopper
On the 28th August they were running a promotion where EVERY piranha order got a free pair of piranha scissors. Some of you may remember the offer. They actually said if you buy 10 items then you get 10 scissors. So I ordered a peeler and it came but no scissors. When I queried it they claimed it was a competition and I hadn't won!

Well they have lost a regular customer. I used to buy from Ideal world and I joined the create and craft club intending to buy from shop extra.

I have contacted the ASA as well because they are not honouring an offer they broadcast on national TV.

Did anyone here order and get their scissors?

It wasn’t on one of there repeat was it, I know they showed the hour a few times, maybe the offer wasn’t there then, But it should have had a strap saying Promotion Is no longer, or they should have had a strap saying Repeat

Yep, if it's a repeat and the offer is not running then they deffo needed to have some notification on screen to that effect.

As far as I know the offer was running for the entire weekend. I actually ordered during the broadcast programme at 930pm and the programme definitely had no disclaimer about the offer being over.

I'm so annoyed about this I have also contacted Piranha themselves as this kind of thing impacts on their brand and Simon Isles was one of the people promoting these free scissors on that show.

Piranha is just a product range, Seen on TV ltd is the company, Simon and his wife (I think or sister :unsure:) are the two directors.

I also heard the presenters specifically state, on more than one occasion, that the free gift was one pair of scissor per Piranha item ordered, NOT one per order or one per customer. This offer was still running until the end of Bank Holiday Monday - Simon said on at least one occasion 'until the staff come back on Tuesday morning'.

I ordered one of the Piranha products on 24th August, which I believe was during the Shop Extra launch show (or at least very shortly afterwards). Fortunately, I did receive a pair of scissors with that order, although they were sent separately for some unknown reason. I placed a second order early the following day after my mum had watched one of the recordings (she can't directly watch any of the Shop Extra shows as she has no internet access, no smart phone and no sky). She was interested in the Whizzy Whisk as she has dexterity problems and thought it might be easier for her to use. I did not receive a free pair of scissors with the second order.

I have since complained to customer services, and interestingly the reply I received was that the free gifts were one per customer unless specifically stated otherwise - as far as I am concerned, it was specifically stated otherwise on numerous occasions!! So I'm definitely not impressed.

Thanks for the post Polaris. Very shoddy all this and I knew not to trust them. My partner was encouraging me to order because obviously it looked great value but I just had a funny feeling they wouldn't honour it.

I think we should have all learned our lessons from the ideal world fiasco.

I’ve just had a look at Create and Craft’s Trustpilot’s feedback. 3.7?? That’s appalling. No apparent interaction back to reviews from the company either. Another bad sign.

I also watched that show and they were 170% percent crowing — constantly — about free scissors with every item, not every order. I imagine a fair few people would've heard that offer and been swayed to make a purchase on the basis of it.

Good on you for not just letting it go.

If they are getting parsimonious over some scissors free gifts, you wonder whether that offer was based on much bigger sales than were actually realised. On a slightly different point, I can't believe how awful some of it has been. The sunglasses show last night was a complete embarrassment, with them dragging out the floor (what floor??) manager to put her in front of camera long term as a model. Like a sixth form class starting a television station in a broom cupboard.

I don't think this incarnation of Ideal World is going to last very long. Someone has posted on trustpilot after me about problems getting the scissors and saying they won't be ordering again. They are so casually mistreating their regular customers and they won't have any left.

If they are getting parsimonious over some scissors free gifts, you wonder whether that offer was based on much bigger sales than were actually realised. On a slightly different point, I can't believe how awful some of it has been. The sunglasses show last night was a complete embarrassment, with them dragging out the floor (what floor??) manager to put her in front of camera long term as a model. Like a sixth form class starting a television station in a broom cupboard.

Like a bunch of amateurs. Must be on a shoes string budget to keep costs down till they see if it will succeed or not.

Latest posts

Back