Practical Presents TSV 18/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any good Stratto? Have you tried it out or is it still in the box? Thing is unless you've got a utility room, a large porch or conservatory, most people don't have the room and probably wouldn't want it plonked in the kitchen or the living room.
I haven't had to use it yet. most of my washing is done by OH (well, she puts the powder in and presses the button) but I do everything else (putting them on line and bringing them back in etc). But I did buy her washing machine!

I bought a similar gadget, a DRY BUDDY from a charity shop for £1 in brand new condition, still boxed.

Like this, but different name - - -

View attachment 26537
I've got one of these at the caravan and they are good for light cotton items but you need to half dry things like towels and jeans first. I actually went for the TSV to keep at the cottage but I suspect it will be the same, heavier items will need half dried first. We'll see how it goes. I absolutely hate wet washing hanging around everywhere and it's a tiny house anyway. I put the drier in the small bedroom and open the window. Fingers crossed the TSV is good quality or it will be being collected.

CC

OK the TSV arrived this week, set it up today to dry some washing that had been spin dried. After a while I checked and everything was still damp so I laid everything across the bars, not over them (reducing the drying area considerably). This drier was on nearly all day and didn't even dry underwear. Total waste of money and it's huge as well. Going back and if I ever suggest spending so much money again please gang up on me as I deserve it. Hopefully Q will collect. Lots of 1 star reviews from others.

CC

I'm one of the lucky ones to have a tumble drier vented directly outside. My offspring can't understand why I chose that over a dishwasher but it's the most practical thing for winter and I have an alternative dishwasher - me. It takes about an hour to dry a load when the weather is too bad or I'm in a rush and I suck up the cost as part of the horrendous winter bill. I can't see how one of those driers could dry properly without leaving condensation. Where does the dampness go?

I would’ve hoped that these “drying solutions “ would have evolved over the past 20 years or so into worthwhile products- clearly not! Sadly a standalone tumble dryer or a big airy utility room( of which I have neither)are the only decent options failing being able to hang your washing outside. This overpriced contraption doesn’t sound much better than the useless/ dangerous gadget I bought in about 2001 . Agreed, reviews are terrible!

I have a condenser tumble dryer which I used to use all the time in the winter but I haven’t used it at all since the energy price hikes last year. I just wait for a windy day or hang things in front of the radiators and that did the job for me last winter when it couldn’t go out on the line. I have easy care clothes and bedding which dry quickly and thankfully have never had condensation on the windows so I doubt that much water is being infiltrated into the room. If it is then it’s substantially less that a heated air dryer produces when they actually do work and dry the clothes.

Woke up this morning to sun streaming through the gaps in blinds, I leapt out of bed crammed in a duvet cover, pillow cases and a few other items into the washing machine, pressed play and literally no sooner than I heard the water rushing through, the sky turned an ominous shade of grey. Whilst the machine was on the weather went from grey to white to sunny and back to grey. I have hung everything out, it's not raining (yet) but there's absolutely no breeze. As I type the sun's back out again so fingers crossed it'll dry. We've got to pop out for a while later so I'm hoping the skies don't open then so I return to a pile of waterlogged washing to deal with.
Going back to the tsv and things of its ilk, it really wouldn't be much use for drying duvet covers and sheets anyway.

I have a condenser tumble dryer which I used to use all the time in the winter but I haven’t used it at all since the energy price hikes last year. I just wait for a windy day or hang things in front of the radiators and that did the job for me last winter when it couldn’t go out on the line. I have easy care clothes and bedding which dry quickly and thankfully have never had condensation on the windows so I doubt that much water is being infiltrated into the room. If it is then it’s substantially less that a heated air dryer produces when they actually do work and dry the clothes.
I use my condenser tumble dryer all year for all washing. Martin Lewis says it costs £1 a load average so I budget for it. For the average p&p on QVC for one item, I can have four loads of tumble drying.
Life is too short to be checking out the weather for drying outside or hanging the stuff out. In my cu—de-sac, only one neighbour hangs clothes out. I hate clutter so don’t want drying clothes about. My Kim and co, I wash in the evening, hang overnight, put away in morning. Heavier items in airing cupboard. Cozee home bedding ( 2 loads) , 45 mins each in dryer.

I use my condenser tumble dryer all year for all washing. Martin Lewis says it costs £1 a load average so I budget for it. For the average p&p on QVC for one item, I can have four loads of tumble drying.
Life is too short to be checking out the weather for drying outside or hanging the stuff out. In my cu—de-sac, only one neighbour hangs clothes out. I hate clutter so don’t want drying clothes about. My Kim and co, I wash in the evening, hang overnight, put away in morning. Heavier items in airing cupboard. Cozee home bedding ( 2 loads) , 45 mins each in dryer.

I also loathe clutter and any drying tops are hung upstairs so no one knows. 😉 They dry in less than a day anyway. I can afford to put the tumble dryer on and would do if we had non stop rain, but I do like the smell of laundry that’s been hung outside to dry. Cozee Home bedding dries within a few hours even without using the tumble dryer, as do my clothes. I think I’m the only one in the Cul-de-Sac who hangs out my washing, although I’m obviously not your neighbour. 😉

Having a Smart meter has made me very aware of where the power is being used and that’s why I no longer use my electric oven but only use the gas hob or my air fryer. It’s more reassuring to no longer see the gauge hit red which it did do when using the oven and the tumble dryer. As I said, I can afford to use both of those appliances but the energy company has had enough money from me in the past so they don’t need any extra. At least they’ve confirmed that I use well below the average amount of gas and electricity than the average household so one day I might ”celebrate” by tumble drying everything or batch cooking all day in the electric oven. 😉

I also loathe clutter and any drying tops are hung upstairs so no one knows. 😉 They dry in less than a day anyway. I can afford to put the tumble dryer on and would do if we had non stop rain, but I do like the smell of laundry that’s been hung outside to dry. Cozee Home bedding dries within a few hours even without using the tumble dryer, as do my clothes. I think I’m the only one in the Cul-de-Sac who hangs out my washing, although I’m obviously not your neighbour. 😉

Having a Smart meter has made me very aware of where the power is being used and that’s why I no longer use my electric oven but only use the gas hob or my air fryer. It’s more reassuring to no longer see the gauge hit red which it did do when using the oven and the tumble dryer. As I said, I can afford to use both of those appliances but the energy company has had enough money from me in the past so they don’t need any extra. At least they’ve confirmed that I use well below the average amount of gas and electricity than the average household so one day I might ”celebrate” by tumble drying everything or batch cooking all day in the electric oven. 😉
Yes, my smart metre helps me to know where I am. Today, two loads of washing through machine (one towels) and then two loads through tumble dryer equals £2, half average QVC p&p. I can’t stand towels dried outside - all rough and hard.
My mum liked the ”smell of clothes dried outside” but I don’t get it. My clothes dried In tumble dryer are soft and smell lovely.
In my new kitchen, we removed gas hob and went to electric induction. So far, the only time we go into red is when daughter jumps In electric shower when oven on. Got rid of kettle because of the alarming red on metre and now have tap which gives boiling water and no red on metre.
I don’t drink or smoke so I treat myself to the tumble dryer with no regrets.

I drink, I vape and I occasionally tumble dry stuff, but to me outdoor drying wins hands down. As sad as it sounds I get a buzz watching my washing blowing in the breeze and the lovely fresh smell, and of course the fact it's costing me nowt. I do know what you're saying about stuff coming out lovely and soft but I'm harking back to the days of my much missed tumble dryer, the washer dryer is rubbish in comparison. I used to love using the bounce tumble dryer sheets in it. Having said all of this I'd much sooner dry my stuff in a tumble drier (sod the expense) than to have damp washing hanging around, or weird contraptions blocking my way. I can just about cope with my over bath airer as it's not in the way and I can open the window to help it along and shut the door so it doesn't make the rest of the place cold. As for hanging clothes over radiators absolutely no

I peg my washing outside and it dries on no time in the hot sun except from November to March and then, begrudgingly, I use the tumble dryer. The towels from outside are so stiff when they are dry that they could stand up by themselves, but I'm used to that now.

I like soft, fluffy towels, but I also like the rough scrape of towels blown about outside that make me feel like I'm having a proper scrub. I hang my washing out in summer (my neighbour hangs hers out all year round) and only use my tumble drier in winter or if there's no time for the hanging palaver. I live with Eskimo Man who hates too much heat so we're not central heating users until well into winter and this past year Cozee Home robes have come into their own so we can absorb the tumble drier costs. The robes have to be one of our best buys from QVC and are as good as new after last winter's heavy use.

Yes, my smart metre helps me to know where I am. Today, two loads of washing through machine (one towels) and then two loads through tumble dryer equals £2, half average QVC p&p. I can’t stand towels dried outside - all rough and hard.
My mum liked the ”smell of clothes dried outside” but I don’t get it. My clothes dried In tumble dryer are soft and smell lovely.
In my new kitchen, we removed gas hob and went to electric induction. So far, the only time we go into red is when daughter jumps In electric shower when oven on. Got rid of kettle because of the alarming red on metre and now have tap which gives boiling water and no red on metre.
I don’t drink or smoke so I treat myself to the tumble dryer with no regrets.

My daily cost for electricity and gas is under £2. A lot of that is the standing charge as the smart meter is usually £1.05 when I come down in the morning and when nothing has been used. Before the price hike it was £0.64.

I had the new hob and oven put in when I moved here but opted for a gas hob incase there was ever a power cut. At least I can then boil water for a coffee. I do use a kettle but only boil up water for one cup so the meter is only on red for less than a minute.

I don’t smoke or drink either so would happily use the tumble dryer but at the moment I use the free energy of the wind. If we have a wet winter then it will be used again,

I peg my washing outside and it dries on no time in the hot sun except from November to March and then, begrudgingly, I use the tumble dryer. The towels from outside are so stiff when they are dry that they could stand up by themselves, but I'm used to that now.
I also like to hang my washing out as much as the weather allows, but I take my towels in before they are totally dry and finish them in the tumble dryer so they regain the softness. I have also stopped using fabric softener on my towels.

A little house for your laundry! I just haven’t got the room in my place for a hulking, great thing like that. I Hate it when the drying season is over. I do have a washer dryer but I try not to use the dryer unless I really have to as it’s nowhere near as good as the freestanding one i had before our kitchen was refurbished, sadly I haven’t got the room for one now. I mainly use it to dry small stuff like underwear or small amounts of laundry I need drying quickly eg work uniform, the rest of it gets hung on my over bath airer and I will open the window and close the door. I hate having and seeing damp laundry hanging round all over the house and I don’t like hanging things on the radiators either- I do have a couple of those over radiator airers but again they’re only used occasionally- I dream of having a utility room!
I use a dehumidifier. I put towels in the dryer for 30 minutes or so and then hang them on the airing rack near to the dehumidifier on days when I can't hang the washing outside.

Latest posts

Back