Presenter Bake-Off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
seen the presenter bake-off videos?

kathy, claire, craig and debbie G battling it out to make the best pudding.
http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/2010...nk?cm_re=Panels-_-3-_-PresenterBakeOffQGossip

debbie g's looks as sickly as anything, craig put a whole teaspoon of cinammon and a whole teaspoon of nutmeg in his crumble, plus more in the apples and more springled on top - must have been vile, sutton clearly hasnt a clue - she didnt even whisk the egg whites for her pavlova properley AND she was using a kitchen aid. kathy gets my vote with her syrup sponge pud. she looks really good at the mo too.....puts JR in the shade when it comes to glamour.

Yep, totally agree - out of all of them Kathy's was the best.

There was NO WAY that the whisked egg whites that Claire put into the oven in the film turned into the voluminous meringue of the finished article...if she'd REALLY done the bowl over the head trick with that sloppy looking effort she would still have been washing it out of her hair now...:wink:

Yep, totally agree - out of all of them Kathy's was the best.

There was NO WAY that the whisked egg whites that Claire put into the oven in the film turned into the voluminous meringue of the finished article...if she'd REALLY done the bowl over the head trick with that sloppy looking effort she would still have been washing it out of her hair now...:wink:

exactly, and her comment about putting vinegar in the meringue being to "help with the sweet/tart effect" when its actually to make the centre sticky, and then "i wonder why its called pavlova???" i mean durrrrr.... like basic or what?! :yawn: :happy:

she's either thick as pig sh*t or taking the piss. either way i feel sorry for the hubby and kids if thats the level of her culinary skills.

exactly, and her comment about putting vinegar in the meringue being to "help with the sweet/tart effect" when its actually to make the centre sticky, and then "i wonder why its called pavlova???" i mean durrrrr.... like basic or what?! :yawn: :happy:

There are so many jokes I could make in relation to the Claire Sutton 'Sweet/Tart' comment, but so little time, sir :nod::sun:

she's either thick as pig sh*t or taking the piss. either way i feel sorry for the hubby and kids if thats the level of her culinary skills.

ah but she's probably a dab hand at alphabetti spaghetti :mysmilie_518:

I agree - stiff peaks, it was more like quicksand! lol
What a cheat........pah! :mysmilie_503:

!

Well I could have eaten any of those cos I'm a greedy cow!

However I agree that the finished pavlova wasn't the one that Claire put in the oven.

If I had to pick I would probably go for Debbie's chocolate and caramel pud but instead of a meal not as well as one!

Latest posts

Back