Presenters reacting to comments made on this forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
The reason it warrants it is because his outrageously priced products brings in millions to qvc sad but true, thought it funny this morning when someone suggested a richard jackson gnome to which he replied steady which makes me think he reads these forums.
- mossie269 re Richard Jackson.

I've been wondering lately about presenters reading this forum. I've noticed occasionally that if something's mentioned about eg Sara G making a comment like, "Would you say that this product.... [does whatever it does]" which someone here has said sounds patronising, you don't hear her saying it again. Has anyone else had similar suspicions or any other examples?

I wish it would work with "Get Yours", they're all at it now ����

I think Twitter is their social media of choice, unless you're Debbie Flint of course were all forms of social media is your life, because they have to read comments on Twitter for "work".........the times I've channel hopped, I always manage to hear a "get yours!" and straight back over it goes, this comment is so hard sell, keep expecting a knock at the door to find QVC presenters there to frog March me down the cash point!

Hardly. We can all think of at least one presenter who would be struck dumb if she read what we think of her speaking style and hand techniques.

I think they should be made to read this forum, as homework. They`re so used to adoring fans tweeting, facebooking, reading their blogs, joining their groups etc, they`re in a bubble. Come and join the real world and live and learn !

Probably at least some of them do read it to find out what's being said; I think most people who work in the media want to know what's being said about them, and you certainly don't get many self-effacing, shy types on shopping telly! Ego always wins, and boy, have some of them got an ego - yes, Claire Sutton, meCharlie & several others. we do mean you!. Of course, whether they like what's said about them, is something entirely different.
Hardly. We can all think of at least one presenter who would be struck dumb if she read what we think of her speaking style and hand techniques.

They do read this forum, and they know very well what is said about them. I can think of at least one presenter who used to post on the forum when she first joined QVC.
I found this forum because Julia mentioned it on air, and used to do so quite regularly once upon a time.

I think they must read this forum. Did anyone notice that yesterday DF was bouncing up and down with unaccustomed vivacity during the Kuhn Rikon TSV hour, like a glove puppet inserted on top of a pogo stick?

This may be a reaction to our concern for her welfare when the night before she had looked as tired as a newt.

I think they must read this forum. Did anyone notice that yesterday DF was bouncing up and down with unaccustomed vivacity during the Kuhn Rikon TSV hour, like a glove puppet inserted on top of a pogo stick?

This may be a reaction to our concern for her welfare when the night before she had looked as tired as a newt.

LOL times two!:mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_47: :mysmilie_14:

Even if they wouldn't admit it,some of the presenters with the biggest egos must have a sneaky look...... I cannot imagine some of them resisting it.

Well I hope Simon Biagi reads it, then he might stop the ridiculous practice of screeching AND half a dozen times to emphasise the multiple benefits and features of an item. It really gets on my wick and tbh makes him my least favourite presenter.

Well I hope Simon Biagi reads it, then he might stop the ridiculous practice of screeching AND half a dozen times to emphasise the multiple benefits and features of an item. It really gets on my wick and tbh makes him my least favourite presenter.
My least favourite male presenter... I think overall Sara Griffiths pips him for the title. Maybe he could introduce some immac or veet (or one of QVC's hair removal devices) if he insists on wearing his shirts open-necked. I wonder if he has a hearing problem himself, because as well as shrieking AND, he pretty much bellows the rest of the time. Awful!

Then, of course, we have our lurkers. Who could forget Miss Ellie and today, a suspicious thread rightly closed by Sazza: who really is JMaddocks82 who tried to open a thread "Guest Advice"? I'd be very surprised if she did contact Sazza, but it would be interesting to know.

I bet many of the presenters, models and some guests take a sneaky peek on here, I know I would.

Latest posts

Back