Presenters reacting to comments made on this forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure we'll welcome her back with our usual delight to have her around again. The place just isn't the same without her. :mysmilie_8:

Unless she is still here and she just blocked us all , of course she has one or two supporters so perhaps they can tell us ;)

Well I'm a tad confused. As far as I know Miss Ellie was just a random poster like the rest of us. I never really noticed her posts but I have been quiet for quite a long time so know nothing about her behaviour until just before she was booted off.

I thought it was obvious who Miss Ellie was. I could hear DBF's voice in every sentence.

Well I'm a tad confused. As far as I know Miss Ellie was just a random poster like the rest of us. I never really noticed her posts but I have been quiet for quite a long time so know nothing about her behaviour until just before she was booted off.

I agree with this. Of all the thousands of people who are aware of QVC this poster really could be anybody. Yes she had a "dog with a bone" approach to expressing her views.. but so do a lot of people and whether other people agreed with her or not she was just as entitled to say her piece (several times if she likes! Lol). This is supposed to be a forum for all views and not the majority rule after all. I may not have read all of Miss Ellie's posts, but I think I read most of them. I may not have agreed with her (I don't like DF either) but I have to say I didn't find a single one of her posts offensive. She might have got more assertive when goaded but don't we all?

I can't believe we are discussing her again to be honest! Wow she must have had an impact if we are talking about her when she isn't even posting anymore! Bet whoever she is is rubbing hands together with glee! I think she is best ignored as clearly she had a negative impact on here.

I agree with this. Of all the thousands of people who are aware of QVC this poster really could be anybody. Yes she had a "dog with a bone" approach to expressing her views.. but so do a lot of people and whether other people agreed with her or not she was just as entitled to say her piece (several times if she likes! Lol). This is supposed to be a forum for all views and not the majority rule after all. I may not have read all of Miss Ellie's posts, but I think I read most of them. I may not have agreed with her (I don't like DF either) but I have to say I didn't find a single one of her posts offensive. She might have got more assertive when goaded but don't we all?

I can't believe we are discussing her again to be honest! Wow she must have had an impact if we are talking about her when she isn't even posting anymore! Bet whoever she is is rubbing hands together with glee! I think she is best ignored as clearly she had a negative impact on here.

What a coincidence that you missed every single offensive post. You missed the one that called people "not right in the head" when people disagreed with her then, and the one were she called a poster unstable or the one asking for people to be barred from this forum, and telling the admin how to do their job after stating they're not doing it properly, all for not agreeing with her, amongst other offensive comments. I wasn't going to post this as she's not able to defend herself but that's her problem because she blocked me, not me her. Every post I read would tell her that she is entitled to her opinion, but that wasn't good enough she carried on being abusive so it was clear she was out to cause trouble, and she did. I don't give two hoots what her opinion is, it's the playing the victim I found unacceptable after being so hypercritical, then go on to insult someone herself. She said exactly the same as you about "not a majority rule" but as I've always said, if ten people disagree and one agrees, does that mean nine people can't have their say for fear of being classed as "majority rule"? I for one, like other people, aren't discussing her, I'm discussing the situation surrounding her, so she can rub her hands together all she likes.

Er ... not really.

Still, let's not give anyone the satisfaction of pitting post against post after their demise.

Oh, the irony...

Oh dear, Miss Ellie comes back to haunt me :giggle: I didn't feel I commented any more than anyone else, I certainly don't call other posters names but hey, if comments like that make you feel better I really don't give a duck so...............you go for it. :clapping:

Last edited:
Perhaps it is due to my naivete, but I never thought Miss Ellie was Debs. Still don't. But I am not bothered, either way.

If you click on Miss Ellie, in post #33, you are taken to the cafe press website, and a Miss Ellie t shirt!

This forum would be boring and probably would have been shortlived if everyone agreed with everyone else, and always got on... That's what gives us the chance for stimulating debate, learning new things, gaining a new perspective. What is not on is using bullying or intimidatory tactics in order to suppress dissent from other people's views. Happily we still live in a country where, however unpopular, we are free to disagree with each other, with companies we do business with and a whole lot more. Suppressing the disagreements would lessen the integrity of this forum, in my opinion.

How weird its gone ??

I only noticed because I had some thanks / likes, and rather than the thread title, it's all marked -= Hidden Content =-

I'm not going to speculate, as I'm sure the forum administrators had good reason to "vanish" the thread.

Forget the scrap about who Miss Ellie is, was, or may have been. I had to search for this thread because just after or in the middle of the thread about Chloe and the attempt by QVC to bring in a younger age customer, Chloe appeared on screen with her hair looking greyish and swept up into a bun sort of thing. Now I know it doesn't prove anything at all, but I've got a sneaky suspicion that They read this forum and try taking the **** by dressing up or dressing down and probably having a secret laugh among themselves. I've noticed it before but not with Chloe, and it struck me as out of character then. It made me wonder .... Thanks for giving me a laugh anyway, girls in the Q. I notice Chloe, you're now back to you so all good.

Sorry don't have time to read through all the thread now but has anyone mentioned the last time Jill Franks hair was criticised on here and a poster said someone get her a hair grip and then the next night she was wearing a hair grip in it. That's when I thought it couldn't be coincidence and she must read. She only had the hair grip the one time afaik and is growing said fringe out which has often been suggested on here. I have felt a little sorry for her since as it makes me feel she may lack confidence and over compensates for that.

Lack of confidence ????? wtf is she doing in front of a tv camera if she hasn't any ? She has the confidence to impart that she's rubbish in the kitchen, has no interest in gardening and has no idea how to handle a vacuum cleaner ! Wish I could find a bloke that would take on all those 3 jobs while I exercised, had my nails done and spent time in the bathroom luvvvvvvving all my 'products' !!

Latest posts

Back