Presenters reacting to comments made on this forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lack of confidence ????? wtf is she doing in front of a tv camera if she hasn't any ? She has the confidence to impart that she's rubbish in the kitchen, has no interest in gardening and has no idea how to handle a vacuum cleaner ! Wish I could find a bloke that would take on all those 3 jobs while I exercised, had my nails done and spent time in the bathroom luvvvvvvving all my 'products' !!

Jill is in paid employment - If she wants to avoid chores then she can pay someone else to do them... no need for Larry to pitch in. Someone else gets the chance to earn some money so it's a win -win.

Not all women want or need to be domestic goddesses. I loathe gardening, ironing, dusting, vacuuming etc with a passion - I don't think I'm a bad person because of it. I'd still sell vacuum cleaners or lawn mowers if that was my job.

I'm sure they quietly take the pee out of us all the time - I would too, if I were them!

If they do take the pee out of viewers then what does that make them? Not very nice people for a start, makes me glad that I don't shop with them now, and that not one penny of my money goes to their wages which would be condoning their childish, vindictive behaviour.

Lack of confidence ????? wtf is she doing in front of a tv camera if she hasn't any ? She has the confidence to impart that she's rubbish in the kitchen, has no interest in gardening and has no idea how to handle a vacuum cleaner ! Wish I could find a bloke that would take on all those 3 jobs while I exercised, had my nails done and spent time in the bathroom luvvvvvvving all my 'products' !!

I agree. Me and my husband share the jobs, I'm not some little princess that need looking after by a man. My husband does shopping, ironing, cleaning as do I, that's what a true relationship is about 50/50, we share everything. I'm just adding that we look after each other too.

Last edited:
If they do take the pee out of viewers then what does that make them? Not very nice people for a start, makes me glad that I don't shop with them now, and that not one penny of my money goes to their wages which would be condoning their childish, vindictive behaviour.
I'd say approximately as nice as the nasty people on this forum who think it's ok to repeatedly make rude and personal remarks about the presenters, their weight, clothing, hairstyle etc.etc.etc. if it's ok for 'us' to be childish & vindictive, then it's ok for them too, no?

I'd say approximately as nice as the nasty people on this forum who think it's ok to repeatedly make rude and personal remarks about the presenters, their weight, clothing, hairstyle etc.etc.etc. if it's ok for 'us' to be childish & vindictive, then it's ok for them too, no?

No. They choose to go in front of the camera and as with anyone who picks that line of career, expect that not everyone will like you and cutting remarks will be made, it obviously doesn't bother them too much though, as they're still there decades on. So as the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen. These people they snigger and make fun of pay their handsome wages, hope they never forget that.

None of us are deliberately rude in an unpleasant way, we are much too nice for that. We can be a bit snide, but that's part of the fun of a forum, discussing people whose huge wages we contribute towards. Let us not forget that the presenters are laughing all the way to the bank, as we have calculated that they are on about 4x average wage, plus bonuses.

As a retired psychotherapist, a lot of my caseload involved people who had been driven to self harm, depression and even suicide attempts by REAL bullying. And these were teachers, firemen and women, ambulance and police personnel. They had a much lower wage, and a far more demanding job, than QVC presenters.

Jill is in paid employment - If she wants to avoid chores then she can pay someone else to do them... no need for Larry to pitch in. Someone else gets the chance to earn some money so it's a win -win.

Not all women want or need to be domestic goddesses. I loathe gardening, ironing, dusting, vacuuming etc with a passion - I don't think I'm a bad person because of it. I'd still sell vacuum cleaners or lawn mowers if that was my job.

Oh I'm SURE you're not; but who said anything about being a 'bad' person ? I know I certainly didn't !!!!

The presenters are all still there, apart from the ones given the boot, so they're obviously not bothered, it's the over sensitive people on forums who take things personally on behalf of the presenters that are more bothered. What is negative and constructive criticism to one person, is rude and nasty by a Back To Youer.

Ooo who worked out their salaries and how? I'd be quite surprised if they earn over 3 figures but I'm prepared to be surprised.

I'm not a man kept princess but I have a cleaner, a gardener and my ironing gets done. Sadly I need help because I work long hours. And because I work long hours I can choose to spend some on getting help around the house.

None of us are deliberately rude in an unpleasant way, we are much too nice for that. We can be a bit snide, but that's part of the fun of a forum, discussing people whose huge wages we contribute towards. Let us not forget that the presenters are laughing all the way to the bank, as we have calculated that they are on about 4x average wage, plus bonuses.

As a retired psychotherapist, a lot of my caseload involved people who had been driven to self harm, depression and even suicide attempts by REAL bullying. And these were teachers, firemen and women, ambulance and police personnel. They had a much lower wage, and a far more demanding job, than QVC presenters.

I think I must have missed this calculation of their salary. Have we actually any concrete evidence of what a QVC presenter earns?

I'd also be interested to know how these presumed huge salaries have been 'calculated'.
Making critical personal remarks about the presenters is akin to telling the shop assistant in tesco, debenhams, primark or wherever that you think her roots need doing, she could do with smartening herself up, or losing a few pounds. Of course, no reasonable person would dream of saying such a thing to someone's face, but because these sales assistants happen to work in a store that's broadcast on TV it seems it's open season in the anonymous safety of the forum!

And Miss Grumpy, as a retired psychotherapist, I'm sure there will have been a prominently displayed 'Zero Tolerance' notice in your department, as I had in mine, stating that 'offensive, abusive or otherwise intimidating behaviour towards staff' would be considered unacceptable and may lead to removal from the department and/or therapy.
If the presenters can amuse themselves with a little poke back now and then, I certainly don't begrudge them it.

I'd also be interested to know how these presumed huge salaries have been 'calculated'.
Making critical personal remarks about the presenters is akin to telling the shop assistant in tesco, debenhams, primark or wherever that you think her roots need doing, she could do with smartening herself up, or losing a few pounds. Of course, no reasonable person would dream of saying such a thing to someone's face, but because these sales assistants happen to work in a store that's broadcast on TV it seems it's open season in the anonymous safety of the forum!

And Miss Grumpy, as a retired psychotherapist, I'm sure there will have been a prominently displayed 'Zero Tolerance' notice in your department, as I had in mine, stating that 'offensive, abusive or otherwise intimidating behaviour towards staff' would be considered unacceptable and may lead to removal from the department and/or therapy.
If the presenters can amuse themselves with a little poke back now and then, I certainly don't begrudge them it.

I never said the presenters could not poke back, fair for the goose and gander and all that.

Salaries, I got from reading these columns over the years, I thought there was a discussion about £100,000 plus perks being possible, plus similar information from a documentary some time ago.

Zero tolerance and my work.... you try telling that to ambulance and police personnel who attend horrific accidents and deal with death and body parts, while often having missiles and vile swear words thrown at them. I think they are in a rather different league that people who read an autocue and get uppity if someone points out that for a beauty therapist/fashion expert, their makeup looks like a clown's, or the clothes they wear do not flatter them.

As you say you are a retired mental health professional then I would expect you to acknowledge that we are ALL individuals. What is personally acceptable to one can be overwhelming to another.

Having worked in law enforcement in many guises for 30 years I know too well that a person's job does not make them any less or more vulnerable to stress... it is internal as well as external factors that change with personal circumstance and impact on your coping mechanisms.

To suggest that a QVC presenter should accept abuse on this forum (because they are well paid) and not consider it 'real' bullying is just wrong.

The ACAS accepted definition of bullying is:

'offensive, intimidating, malicious OR insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power through means that undermine, humiliate, denigrate or injure the recipient'

A tv presenter is no more and no less likely to be hurt by comments than a police officer - sorry but I just wanted to say this as I am fed up with the 'if you can't stand the heat...' excuse as to why it's ok to be offensive to people because of their choice to work in a public facing role.

Of course no-one in their right mind would comment on a sales assistants appearance, HOWEVER when they just ask me for the amount without a 'please' attached to it, then YES I have no hesitation in saying 'please' for them - they may not like it, its not abuse, but its a shame that adults need to be taught manners, and I don't care how old they are and to hell with zero tolerance on that score !

Actually I don`t care what they earn and I don`t care if they like or dislike anything said on here and I don`t care whether they read this forum or not and I really don`t care who agrees or disagrees with anything I may or may not write on here.
It`s a forum !
Much the same as any of us might read in a newspaper about politicians/pop stars/actors/business people/bankers/models/any kind of celeb or any kind of person who thinks they`re a celeb and when we read about them or watch them on TV we cast our opinions on their looks, behaviour, lifestyles or anything else. It comes with the territory and if they don`t like the heat, then they should stay out of the kitchen. They can`t court publicity one minute and then hate it the next or nit pick which kind of publicity they do or don`t want. It`s all par for the course, so they either like it or lump it and frankly I think most of them are so hardened (or hard faced) it`s like water off a duck`s back.

Zero tolerance and my work.... you try telling that to ambulance and police personnel who attend horrific accidents and deal with death and body parts, while often having missiles and vile swear words thrown at them. I think they are in a rather different league that people who read an autocue and get uppity if someone points out that for a beauty therapist/fashion expert, their makeup looks like a clown's, or the clothes they wear do not flatter them.

Over the years I've been physically and verbally assaulted and worse - that was the negative side of the job. The positive being that I've seen all walks of life and know absolutely that people - all people regardless of status - can be vulnerable.

Just because some people have it worse than others does not make it ok for those in less hostile environments to have to tolerate abuse.

Ah thanks on the salary front. So we're really guesstimating, which is fine.

I think it might be useful to know if the presenters run limited companies and if they do, are they VAT registered as that would give some indication of income generated by the business if not the individual.

Latest posts

Back