Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For the first time in 50 years I’ve let Mr L cut 1/4 inch off the back of my hair today.

I’m so near going for a buzz cut .....

I've been so fed up with my hair I've been close to doing a Britney for years. Had I known lockdown was going to last this long I'd have shaved the whole lot off right at the start.

I still have to work some days and that is probably all that is stopping me.
If my only outing was the weekly shop I’d be very tempted because I could wear a hat if It was unfit for public sighting.

It will be another 2 months at least before my hairdresser will take appointments so that will be 6 months.

Fashion Day today. Half an hour in to Nina Leonard and Catherine Huntly just can't stop yakking about how fat she is and how much weight she's put on. Has she any idea how annoying that is? OK Catherine, yes, you look huge and you really should address that massive weight problem you (don't) have. Someone please tell her to shut up.

CC

I always remember Victoria Woods saying that she thought Coq au vin was having sex in a lorry ,still makes me laugh 😂
No, snort. It makes me snort with laughter. Still sorry there'll never be a Dinnerladies sequel. One of my favourites in Dinnerladies was when Tony asked Brenda if she was pregnant and she said 'not unless sperm can get through a sash window no'. It would be worth putting on weight just to be able to say it to someone.

Fashion Day today. Half an hour in to Nina Leonard and Catherine Huntly just can't stop yakking about how fat she is and how much weight she's put on. Has she any idea how annoying that is? OK Catherine, yes, you look huge and you really should address that massive weight problem you (don't) have. Someone please tell her to shut up.

CC
she's probably waiting for someone to say "oh you don't look fat Catherine your gorgeous" i like you wish she'd shut up and stop fishing for compliments !

CC

Didn’t see it but I could imagine, I’ve see her fish for them before, and if someone doesn’t bite she tries again, and again, and again...........

The times I have been unfortunate to channel hop on, I haven’t heard her mention being a vegan or her other half lately, wonder if he’s got fed up with trying to get past her attention for her attention.

I've been so fed up with my hair I've been close to doing a Britney for years. Had I known lockdown was going to last this long I'd have shaved the whole lot off right at the start

No, snort. It makes me snort with laughter. Still sorry there'll never be a Dinnerladies sequel. One of my favourites in Dinnerladies was when Tony asked Brenda if she was pregnant and she said 'not unless sperm can get through a sash window no'. It would be worth putting on weight just to be able to say it to someone.
That's one of my favourite lines from that wonderful series, the look on her face when she said it! I say quite a lot of them; my daughter was making a pot of tea & got distracted several times, in the end I asked for a teabag to suck on the way home. Victoria Wood was a genius, taken too soon & much missed.

CC
If I was still a Q member & on Twitter I'd have told her that she does look much fatter but should have considered what would happen when she was stuffing her face with so many vegan cupcakes made with high calorie ingredients like nuts, coconut oil & agave syrup. So there!

Didn’t see it but I could imagine, I’ve see her fish for them before, and if someone doesn’t bite she tries again, and again, and again...........

The times I have been unfortunate to channel hop on, I haven’t heard her mention being a vegan or her other half lately, wonder if he’s got fed up with trying to get past her attention for her attention.
That is a brilliant description Shopps, love it ❤️ Just for you I had a look & they are still together:

Last edited:
That is a brilliant description Shopps, love it ❤️ Just for you I had a look & they are still together:

Never in all my born days have I seen someone who loves themselves so much they have to have seductively posed photo after photo after photo of themselves to gaze admiringly at, the vanity, narcissism and the need for constant verification that she’s pretty is ridiculous.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the boyfriend has asked her to keep him off social media. She was always posting photos of them together, and telling all and sundry their business, and then it suddenly stopped. Bet his mates were taking the pi$$!

They could’ve split up because there’s some photos of him on there, not heard her mention that she’s still a vegan either, or still learning sign language come to think if it. She’s probably stuffing as much meat as she can get her hands on now down her gob in revenge and denouncing veganism, yes that’s out the window.

Is smelly wax man still on the scene?

Just looked and he is still at it. What is it with all this “gorgeousness “ if it’s not SWM it’s Mark Lane or Lee Holbein. Either she is a femme fatale or is a load of insincere waffle.

I note that she tweeted birthday greetings to her mother - why? Surely you phone and speak to her personally (or in the old days went to see) how likely is it that her mother is on Twitter so why does it matter to other people who don’t know her mother from Adam? It’s the equivalent of an advert in the paper.

Rant over

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the boyfriend has asked her to keep him off social media. She was always posting photos of them together, and telling all and sundry their business, and then it suddenly stopped. Bet his mates were taking the pi$$!
Oversharing by someone from Q, who'd have thought?
I think Debbie tried that once, but the man she was seeing knew her well enough to insist she never showed his face.

Putting relationships all over social media, especially at an early stage, is a recipe for disaster imo.

Is smelly wax man still on the scene?

Just looked and he is still at it. What is it with all this “gorgeousness “ if it’s not SWM it’s Mark Lane or Lee Holbein. Either she is a femme fatale or is a load of insincere waffle.

I note that she tweeted birthday greetings to her mother - why? Surely you phone and speak to her personally (or in the old days went to see) how likely is it that her mother is on Twitter so why does it matter to other people who don’t know her mother from Adam? It’s the equivalent of an advert in the paper.

Rant over
She didn't like this post:
'Go see your mother for god’s sake !!! Are these ridiculous restrictions really more important than being with your mum??? Seriously'

I

I’m assuming you thought she was right to ignore this post. Anyone who calls them ridiculous restrictions is ridiculous themselves.
I never know if it's better to ignore an attack or respond, she obviously felt it was better to do the latter & posted this:

'Harsh..and unfair 😢 My mum and I live far apart and she also has a very compromised immune system. She and I are doing what we feel is best for her at this time. We are both perfectly fine with it and we speak regularly on the phone'.

I haven't seen our older daughter & her family since 1st March & haven't met my youngest grandchild, however, I know that they're sensible & all fine so don't worry about them. My parents died many years ago & I can't imagine how I would feel if they were still alive & it had been nearly a year since I last saw them, especially as we were very close emotionally & geographically; they were a couple who loved celebrations & even turned mid morning coffee into a party 🥳

Latest posts

Back