Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They're all guilty of going off piste. Long time posters on here will remember I made a complaint a few years ago to the CEO in the U.S (complaining in this country never resulted in any action). I didn't just rant in an email, I gave him specific occasions when presenters concentrated more on informing us of their personal lives rather than the products they were paid to tell us about.

I received a lengthy email from him, and tbh for a while afterwards attitudes and performances did change, but it didn't last long. Chloe started her antics again - regaling us with her tales of Cheeselet biscuits - seriously, Flint going on about her writers retreat, and the rest with holidays, kids, grandkids etc etc.

Far too many times especially with clothing the first things to be spoken of by the presenters and brand ambassadors, are where exactly they advise you wear the item, what with, who has it or who is going to get it.
All irrelevant if it doesn’t fit, cause the sizing hasn’t been mentioned, the style doesn’t suit, cause they haven’t described ie seaming etc. or the fabric content, which may not actually suit.
Well it least they have told you they have been given it to wear for free, and so has another presenter or they are going to get the stylist to order it for them.
Or good job cause they think you should wear it with those other items of clothing you don’t have, or would never wear.
Plus too, they think you will wear to one of those events you never go to, or would never think to ever wear the item to.

I really don’t understand why some of you watch QVC if you hate it so much. You don’t like the presenters (I’m not going to call them what you do), the sets, the products, the guest presenters etc etc etc.

The shopping telly episode of the Apprentice showed it’s not that easy to do what they do. They’re directed what to say and have to talk over the guests to give information. I’m sure they’re also told to talk about their home life.

Some of them are better than others, but that’s true in all jobs.

What do you suggest we talk about then ? because the clue is in the title !!!

Ok, would you like to know about my role as Secretary of our local Jazz Club, or how I've just received tickets to see the Manfreds in April, or how many headbands I've made this week ????

As for referring to name calling, I can refer you to another poster on here - (who incidentally hasn't posted since because I'm taking note ) - who called me some choice names which I won't repeat, and which have never been used by the community on here to describe Presenters !!!!

The thing is Q only has one mission - to sell, sell, sell. We aren’t watching and not buying so something somewhere isn’t right. We are probably in a better position to ride the current economic storm than a lot of their customers so if they don’t appeal to us then who is going to buy? It’s not that we aren’t spending we just aren’t spending on Q.

Yesterday I got a very rude and dismissive shop assistant in Marks and I can assure you she was within a smidgen of me asking to speak to a manager. We don’t suffer fools in any situation especially those taking our hard earned money.

I got a card through the post yesterday telling me they’ve “missed me” and a £5 voucher “to tempt me back“ online only, when I only order through the phone. That’s how much they know me. I’m surprised as I still have a couple of easy pays to go on Elemis TSV’s which I bulk buy, keep the PCMC for myself and gift the rest. Maybe they expect me to purchase more often but, honestly, they have nothing in their inventory I want or can’t get cheaper.

I'd like to quote a remark a popular and influential US president's wife (Mrs. Roosevelt) said many years ago which caused a lot of laughter, "If you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, come and sit next to me!" It applies here, I think. Valid comments made on this forum are often very funny and the presenters do set themselves up for criticism. This is what makes it entertaining. BTW the BA for l'Ocitaine (sp?) said she would take a punch at anyone who asked her if she was tired. A bit radical, don't you think?

Loveinamist - Its a long time since Elemis sold their 100ml pots of PCMC on qvc, and its generally 30 or 50ml pots as you say, within Tsvs. I do buy the 100ml, and have a good old trawl of websites to get the cheapest because qvc cannot match the good prices I find, even with their tsvs.

Loveinamist - Its a long time since Elemis sold their 100ml pots of PCMC on qvc, and its generally 30 or 50ml pots as you say, within Tsvs. I do buy the 100ml, and have a good old trawl of websites to get the cheapest because qvc cannot match the good prices I find, even with their tsvs.
I am too lavish with the bigger pots brissles, can gauge better with their piddly sizes but thank you.

I'd like to quote a remark a popular and influential US president's wife (Mrs. Roosevelt) said many years ago which caused a lot of laughter, "If you haven't got anything nice to say about someone, come and sit next to me!" It applies here, I think. Valid comments made on this forum are often very funny and the presenters do set themselves up for criticism. This is what makes it entertaining. BTW the BA for l'Ocitaine (sp?) said she would take a punch at anyone who asked her if she was tired. A bit radical, don't you think?
I knew someone who used to quote “I’m the profit you are the overhead“ when he received poor service and that’s how I feel about the tat peddlers.

I really don’t understand why some of you watch QVC if you hate it so much. You don’t like the presenters (I’m not going to call them what you do), the sets, the products, the guest presenters etc etc etc.

The shopping telly episode of the Apprentice showed it’s not that easy to do what they do. They’re directed what to say and have to talk over the guests to give information. I’m sure they’re also told to talk about their home life.

Some of them are better than others, but that’s true in all jobs.
I don’t usually respond to negative posts - freedom of speech etc.

But one thing that really annoys me is the use of the word “hate” to describe a petty, low level & basic difference of opinion about a person or situation.

Hate is such a strong word, a violent emotion. As such I believe it should be used sparingly not as a throw-away line to poke people in the eye.

Hate should be kept for the likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Osama Bin Laden and currently for Putin

I don’t usually respond to negative posts - freedom of speech etc.

But one thing that really annoys me is the use of the word “hate” to describe a petty, low level & basic difference of opinion about a person or situation.

Hate is such a strong word, a violent emotion. As such I believe it should be used sparingly not as a throw-away line to poke people in the eye.

Hate should be kept for the likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Osama Bin Laden and currently for Putin
I spend time with children in my primary school who use the word hate. They have to be educated it is such a strong word to use, especially for petty playground gripes.

And where do children hear the words they use in the playground ? At home by adults.
Terrible but many parents think it is funny when young children repeat them. Oh he’s got that off him, or she’s heard us say that. Yes our such and such says that, he’s / she’s a chip off the old block.

Oh, that brought back memories. I cannot remember the last time I saw the 100mls pots even from Elemis themselves at a good price? I think for me, it was the Elemis counter in my local Debenhams, and it was sold with the night cream 50mls for £99. Used Xmas money as I remember to buy the set.

Latest posts

Back