Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As rare as hen's teeth

Registered Shopper
One of the most annoying things about watching QVC, Beauty, Style is the way the presenters constantly interrupt the guests. The guests are supposed to be the experts on the brands they represent, but they barely get a chance to speak. The presenters seem more interested in talking about their opinions, or irrelevant details. Why do they do this? My theory is that the hosts are afraid of losing their jobs and they try to make themselves relevant by talking more than necessary. What do you guys think?

Well, I've just spent 5 minutes I wont get back, watching Brenda Edwards. She not only dominates but keeps jigging about dancing. She may be other peoples cup of tea, but not mine -- loud and cackley women like her, Amanda Holden and Alison Hammond, are a total switch off for me.

Tbh I don’t even know how she is. I’m presuming she’s from some daytime show like Loose Women? I don’t watch that kind of thing, but it seems that if that’s your background, QVC is happy to give you a clothing range. Once upon a time it would have been a Diamonique range 🤣

Well, I've just spent 5 minutes I wont get back, watching Brenda Edwards. She not only dominates but keeps jigging about dancing. She may be other peoples cup of tea, but not mine -- loud and cackley women like her, Amanda Holden and Alison Hammond, are a total switch off for me.
I caught a very small bit of Brenda's show earlier She was so childish jumping about and laughing.

Oh My you took the words out of my mouth, I think exactly the same about all of those women.(y)

Why do they have to guffaw?

She is so full of herself saying she has a great personality. Agree about Amanda Holden.

Some of the new presenters make my ears bleed. Rezzy and Emma Real Davies for instance. I used to roll my eyes at Lorna Ko but compared to these two she's actually OK.

CC
Like Lorna Ko now.

To be honest I am baffled as to why QVC employ these people, why on earth would anyone want to buy clothes from some woman who made a brief appearance on XFactor years ago, and now considers herself a "Designer"

Why do they have to guffaw?
It seems if you are on that awful programme I hate you qualify as a fashion designer. I didn’t know who she was but when I looked her up, I found she is on Loose Women. Years back I watched just one episode of that afternoon show and hated it so I never watch.

I switched QVC on the other night and caught the final 15 minutes of the Anne Dawson show. Dannii Minogue had come all the way from Australia to listen to Anne incessantly wittering on about nothing. It was just awful. She made me want to throw something at the TV. I had a colleague like that once; our PC screens were back to back and if I tried to get on with my work after listening to her self inflicted, boring woes for 20 flippin' minutes, she tap the top of my screen with her pen to get my attention.

Interesting that one of the promos for the 30 years of QVC has Dawson and Everton together. Both equally awful in different ways. Can't watch either of them for very long it at all.

I switched QVC on the other night and caught the final 15 minutes of the Anne Dawson show. Dannii Minogue had come all the way from Australia to listen to Anne incessantly wittering on about nothing. It was just awful. She made me want to throw something at the TV. I had a colleague like that once; our PC screens were back to back and if I tried to get on with my work after listening to her self inflicted, boring woes for 20 flippin' minutes, she tap the top of my screen with her pen to get my attention.

Interesting that one of the promos for the 30 years of QVC has Dawson and Everton together. Both equally awful in different ways. Can't watch either of them for very long it at all.
Totally Agree.. Can't watch either of them. Neither will I watch anything "Hard sell " Flint is on or the other Scottish one whose name escapes me, begins with the letter E, she is so false, another one who fits that description is Biagi, in fact come to think of it they don't have many that are watchable, can't abide Alison beauty either her voice grates on me

To be honest I am baffled as to why QVC employ these people, why on earth would anyone want to buy clothes from some woman who made a brief appearance on XFactor years ago, and now considers herself a "Designer"
Apparently BE has just done a stint on a musical show in London, (so she says, I wouldnt know), is a singer, and is going on the Loose Women tour. Clearly the X factor opened the door for many that we are lumbered with now - another is all teeth and eyelashes Stacey Solomon-Swash.

Latest posts

Back