Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m not a great fan of Ann but I feel a bit sorry for her. She is what she is but she’s such an unlikely choice for a tv presenter. I can’t decide whether she has some cast iron contract that keeps her waffling on forever or whether qvc think she’s a true representative of the viewers (ie us!!!) and some sort of tv treasure. Anyway, there’s worse than Ann to moan about.

I’m not a great fan of Ann but I feel a bit sorry for her. She is what she is but she’s such an unlikely choice for a tv presenter. I can’t decide whether she has some cast iron contract that keeps her waffling on forever or whether qvc think she’s a true representative of the viewers (ie us!!!) and some sort of tv treasure. Anyway, there’s worse than Ann to moan about.
Yes, Toril, Ann has a healthy ego, and I agree she's boring as a presenter and never has much of value to add about whatever she's selling.

I remember some years back on New Year's Day, Ann did a jewellery sale hour. For the entire hour, all she talked about was her holiday home in Italy and holidays there. I was with a friend watching, and we both said, "Do you think she might actually show some jewellery?":p

Yes, Toril, Ann has a healthy ego, and I agree she's boring as a presenter and never has much of value to add about whatever she's selling.

Unless I’m losing the plot, I haven’t posted on this thread so I’m guessing my name was mentioned in error. 🤔 😂

I remember some years back on New Year's Day, Ann did a jewellery sale hour. For the entire hour, all she talked about was her holiday home in Italy and holidays there. I was with a friend watching, and we both said, "Do you think she might actually show some jewellery?":p
The very first time I saw Ann on QVC, she was on a jewellery show. She talked and talked, but for the whole hour never tried on a single item. There were rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc. and she did not bother to try any of them so that the customer could see what they looked like. I found her really infuriating, and all these years later I still find her so.

I like Anne, she's always been one of my favourites. She does go on a bit but she's from Glasgow, people there like talking!

CC

One of the most annoying things about watching QVC, Beauty, Style is the way the presenters constantly interrupt the guests. The guests are supposed to be the experts on the brands they represent, but they barely get a chance to speak. The presenters seem more interested in talking about their opinions, or irrelevant details. Why do they do this? My theory is that the hosts are afraid of losing their jobs and they try to make themselves relevant by talking more than necessary. What do you guys think?
Straying off the subject of interrupting presenters, I find Chloe Everton a really hard watch. She can't keep still for a second, to the point that it looks like she's dying to get away because she's parked on a double yellow.

Straying off the subject of interrupting presenters, I find Chloe Everton a really hard watch. She can't keep still for a second, to the point that it looks like she's dying to get away because she's parked on a double yellow.
lol agree, but i love watching her for the daft things she does, do any of you remember her on with Keeley from Elemis, from years ago when Chloe first started, she sprayed some foam that was on air onto her hand, it went everywhere, keeley couldnt speak for laughing hahaha look it up on You tube if you need a laugh

I Totally agree with you, I can't bear to watch her, the minute she comes on , I switch over!

lol agree, but i love watching her for the daft things she does, do any of you remember her on with Keeley from Elemis, from years ago when Chloe first started, she sprayed some foam that was on air onto her hand, it went everywhere, keeley couldnt speak for laughing hahaha look it up on You tube if you need a laugh
I remember Keeley breaking something on air,it was glass I think!🤣

I've never been a Keeley fan but saw her on a show with Chunts recently & the latter was pretending to be sweet and innocent,talking her usual gibberish. Keeley gave her a backhanded comment and a look to say you are complete fruitcake lady! 🤣🤣🤣

It doesn't help when Q seem to use Loose Women as their interview panel for new zleb guests.
Some of the earlier alumni weren't quite so bad in retrospect. Remember Andrea McLean's jewellery? I can't remember if they were miniscule diamonds or eek.
At the time it was a bit cringe, but now I'd have her back in a heartbeat. She was quite soft-spoken and articulate about the jewellery she'd curated (not going to dignify it as designed). Her shows were an easy watch.
Ruth for all her school marm persona is also articulate and does have a relatively pleasant voice to listen to.
Being a TV personality these days seems to be letting as much personality loose on screen as possible. But if you watch to relax, these types are a total, literal turn-off.

Latest posts

Back