Prestigio tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I was looking forward to seeing this tablet at launch - and then I saw who the guest was! As I have commented previously on this forum, I am not totally convinced by anything said about a technical product by an individual who presents handbag holders! I won't be bothering with this item. Again, as I have remarked before, if the Q use a generic, rather than a dedicated product, guest, do they have too much confidence in the product?

she does all the prestigo products and to be honest its not about whos presenting it its about the spec of the item and what it is capible of and the USP of that product that would sell it to me so the guest and the presenter do not infulence (SP) me at all

She was a full time presenter on IW for many years so not sure whys shes doing techy stuff now but she cant be any worse that Acers Lee who has no clue at all

as long as they know what they're talking about, i don't care how many companies/products they represent/present. she seems to be knowledgeable. next item is a samsung tv and the guest is the canon cameras guy.

I bought two of them. One for my 4yr old niece for christmas, well its for her and her mummy really and one for me. I really like the product and its on 4 easy pays so that helps too.

I'll be using mine daily until the gift MBG period is up. If I don't like it, then it'll be going back for a refund.

I couldn't care who is presenting it, if its a good product then why does it matter?

I dont care whos presenting it either tbh i just think they need to give the viewer more information on the tablet, its way too rushed and £150 is a considered purchase

Went onto the website to see video.

There is no video of the presentation, just a 2 minute promo of a woman using it in a cafe, and a infomercial that won't play.

Then I noticed that it was on air now, according to the website, so I clicked to watch QVC live, only to find it was a bracelet they were showing.

What a shambles!

i agree autumn, it was very rushed. she was gabbling away 19 to the dozen. something else Q need to realise - 15 mins might be enough to drone on about a dress but not a tablet. they should adjust the presentation time accordingly.

Last edited:
She has done techie things in the past and at the end of the day shes a salesperson like any other and few of them are product experts, but completely agree that Q needs to consider the time the customer needs to learn about and evaluate a technical product - they made that mistake when they originally marketed Archos products.

Sorry but this tablet is rubbish like all the Prestigio ones they sold before.

I agree the guest presenter is even worse than wiggy Lee - QVC please get yourself a decent tech savy guest that know their stuff.
Matt Trim for example knows his stuff about camera so find someone like him to guest present.

why is it rubbish? it sounds better than the previous offers? is it the build quality you mean?

I have a nexus 7 and I am in love with it. £159 plus £9.99 express delivery postage from Google. I did have to buy an OTG cable as I want to watch videos from a USB stick and I bought a stand and gel case for another £8 from amazon and the prestige has those included in the price. Bu

i must as i abhor apple and thier selling practices i would rather wait a bit and get a tablet from them. i dont like brands like this never have.

I wouldn't touch Apple with a very long extended barge pole.

There is nothing wrong with Prestigio as a brand. Yes, it's pretty much an anymaker brand from some far east factory, but so are 90% of all the tablets currently on the market. You could do far worse for this money. I would have gone for the Nexus myself but the lack of HDMI output and microSD slot are deal-breakers for my needs. This stuff pretty much comes down to personal confidence with a name. I'm not bothered - the components in all of these tablets are the same, whoever puts their sticker on the back. Also, working on a tight budget, the advantage here was the easy pay. I've been doing a lot of research on tablets in the last few months and I've had three aborted attempts at purchasing from "the other channel" and wouldn't try them again even though the products they sell aren't bad either for the money.

I'm not sure about the guest. She seemed to know more this time than her previous demonstration but I actually thought Dale did a good job. He pointed out a couple of pertinent facts that I know some people would want to know before making a decision. I did rather feel the demo was lacking technical details. I want to know things like the screen resolution, battery capacity etc. but I had to go to the Prestigio website to get all I needed to know.

And I have my 30mbg. If I'm proved wrong and it's crap, it can go back! :D

The 'expert' said apps were basically shortcuts to programs...eh?

I hate the way technology is presented - they give the basics in 'everyman' speak but don't give the technical stuff for those of us that want it.

They 'sell' by demonstrating apps as if they are exclusive to the product... yes,it's good to see them working but they are available across the Android platform not only available if you buy this tablet. It would be like selling a DVD player by talking about how wonderful the film was rather than the player itself.

Also, I don't want to see her wedding photos over and over again - I want to see photos taken using the camera and then viewed on the screen.

I want to know battery life - in all circumstances including watching movies. I want to know about connectivity.

As to the 'added value' of that magazine voucher... I'd like to hear a bit of detail about the 'catches' in the terms and conditions etc.

All in all - that presenter is not good at presenting technology as she has only a superficial knowledge and talks about it like it is a pair of shoes or something.

i suppose i buy a lot into brands because i do like good specs and a quality product that lasts a longish amount of time. i dont want to be disappoited so i nuy the best i can afford as i dont want to keep buying the same thing over and over again.
i am looking for a tablet but will buy an apple product when i am ready.

I have virtually ruled out an ipad as it is so restricted and ties you to Apple itunes etc.

have you an alternative i would love not to have to buy an i-pad. my daughter has just bought an i-pod 5th generation and they have changed the docking port thingy me bob at the botton so she has to buy an adapter for £25 which is a real con. thanks in advance foe any info

Latest posts

Back