Problem with SBC bottle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sillysausage

Registered Shopper
I have got through most of my SBC collagen gel bottle from the last TSV, but there is still a good inch in the bottle, but it won't come out. The pump seems no longer to work. I have unscrewed the pump, moved it around a little in the gel and it did work for a while, but no more.
It looks like the level of the gel is not high enough for it to be sucked up by the pumping mechanism, but there is just too much product left for me to just throw the bottle away. I have tried removing the pump and tipping over the bottle, but the gel won't budge. What can I do to get the last of the product out? Has anybody else experienced the same problem with SBC pumps? TIA! :bear:

Yes, SS, with the face exfoliator. I would use the pump as a spatula.

How would you cut the bottles, Momad? I know that Dazzler takes a saw to her LE products, but being clumsy, I'm wary of the potential mishaps that might result from putting me and saw together...:sweat:

I tried the spatula thing, WS, but I didn't manage to get much out that way... I'll have another go though, considering that even if it fails, I can at least be sure that I won't lose a limb...:happy:

How would you cut the bottles, Momad? I know that Dazzler takes a saw to her LE products, but being clumsy, I'm wary of the potential mishaps that might result from putting me and saw together...:sweat:

I tried the spatula thing, WS, but I didn't manage to get much out that way... I'll have another go though, considering that even if it fails, I can at least be sure that I won't lose a limb...:happy:

I have cut an SBC bottle with scissors.

I've never used SBC, but I'm wondering if you put the bottle in the sink in some very very hot water for five mins before you use it, would that loosen the gel so that you could turn the bottle upside down and bash the gel out a la the old Heinz Tomato Ketchup ads? Might not work, but worth a try, and certainly less likely to cause serious injury!!

Cheers, CountessK.

Good idea CountessK! I presume it won't affect the product if the gel melts a little... Might give this a go tomorrow after my shower... :up2:

Get a man to do it sillysausage, they love that sort of thing! I'm always shoving bottles/tubes/LE containers/random items to go in the re-cycling bin at my OH & instructing him to 'get the top off that', which he then expertly does with a selection of tools.......pliers/scissors/trusty leatherman & so on.....! lol

all my SBC gels do that SS....another example of naff packaging. I use the pump tube to scoop it out. :) Not ideal, i know

I do the same. Only really use arnica. Never pumps when down to the last couple of inches.

I've had the same problem with oilatum in the past and those bottles are much thicker and so are the contents....OH used a saw i think.

As for the sbc gel, if you prop the bottle upside down and leave it there long enough it should come down, but you do have to be carefull when you unscrew it as its all so near the neck of the bottle. I've only done this with the 125ml bottles so far. Also done the spatula thing and hitting the open bottle against the palm of my hand!!!!

My collagen gel bottle has never pumped, I use the tube as a spatula. I reckon SBC need to find a new bottle maker.

clemenzina

i use the pump thingy to scoop out the bottom of the bottles.......seems they should take a look at the design......
i use the heinz method as well on some.the stiffer ones i use the scoop......SBC SORT IT PLEASE...................

S B C Gel

When my gel bottles are getting near the end, I store them upside down. This makes the gel fall to the neck of the bottle and is then easy to pour out. I usually prop them up behind the bath taps! Hope this helps

When my gel bottles are getting near the end, I store them upside down. This makes the gel fall to the neck of the bottle and is then easy to pour out. I usually prop them up behind the bath taps! Hope this helps

I do that too Devonshire Maid - sometimes there's several things all carefully balanced on end, so anyone having a bath has to tiptoe round, not touching anything/making any loud noises etc. or the whole lot topples over! lol

Latest posts

Back