Product to stop nails splitting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Is Trind still the best product?
My nails are in a terrible state now.
I was using hair, nail and skin tablets from Boots but the nails must have got in a bad state before I stopped using them.
All recommendations considered. I usually use Red Carpet Manicure gel and have done for years but a couple of the nails are too fragile for that just now. I posted in the membership area first but no replies.

my nails are the worse nails in the world. they look like wafers you can see and feel the layers. i have been taking b12 for around 9 months as my level was low and i was very very low on folate to. the odd thing is my nails are really really good. they are so strong that i don't need nail strengtheners anymore and i have to file them regularly never had that issue n my life.
in the short term use a good nail product i like OPi nail envy the best and i use any oil or petroleum jelly for my nails and cuticle every day

Everything about my cuticles and nails is horrible at present. My nails are dry, pitted, and delaminate at the drop of a hat. They also crack and split below the nail bed line. They are thin, weak, dry, damaged and bendy. There is no golden bullet, I don't believe, and I am rubbish at regular and sustained care! The cuticles develop hangnails, they clung to the nail and then split when I try to gently push them down. The skin is so dry and scaly, I end up using my crystal nail file on the skin rather than the nails!

I'm resigned to my fate though, as I forget to put on rubber gloves before doing housework or washing up, and I forget to do treatments regularly.

I hope the treatments suggested work out. My only hope and suggestion if hands are an issue is La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains. It's a silicone based barrier hand cream. Great for absent minded and careless people like me!

I used to use and rate Barrielle Nail Strengthener Cream, but haven't been able to get hold of it four years. It definitely used to improve the condition of the surface of my nails.

Latest posts

Back