Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Qurio could be a wonderful platform,but the constant heads-up encouraging people to spend money does not sit well.
I’m sure you will agree to disagree as we all have different views on life in general.
As for attacking forum members if your message was posted on Qurio there would be uproar and consternation.
As far as I know nobody from this forum bothers to comment in Qurio,you can’t get people to see common sense,as it goes against being part of that group.
Yes there's a lot that could be done to improve it. How about "categorizing" the reviews eg fashion, jewellery, beauty, skincare and have a list of brand names to click upon? Anyone who was interested in an Elemis product say, could quickly find a review for it. Request that the reviewer gives a score out of 5 to the product so that when someone does a search they can see a collective rating. It's all too higgledy piggledy to be a really useful tool.
I like the idea of real people doing the reviewing, I get that the reviewers enjoy making their reviews but there's no structure and no support. The constant "heads upping" doesn't sit right with me either, it might come with good intentions, but people are more than capable of checking out the website for themselves, or switching on and watching. I'm sure enough impulse purchases are made already with out encouraging others to spend even more. I guess they could restrict reviews to products that the reviewer has actually bought and have in hand and disallow screen shots of things that they're thinking of buying but this won't stop the "heads up" appearing in the comments. Perhaps the organisers could put a list of all the current ez pays and deals on the app so users know exactly what's what and where to find it. Let the reviewers review and leave the rest of the work to QVC after all it's them who are benefitting the most from all this, put some ****** effort in. Despite what some of us think, and what some of them think of us - they deserve better treatment from QVC - They are doing what your presenters are paid to do for free!

QVC should give real guidelines on preparing for a review make a list of key points and keep it as brief as possible.How many people would stand up in front of a group of people without preparation and just ramble on?
I think they did at first - when they were interested that is. Whilst I don't wish to see professional influencers (remember "Stoogegate"?) I'm also not too fussed about seeing shaky camerawork and random stuff plonked on a table and nothing else. QVC really need to get involved in this if it's going to be anything other than a waste of time.

Just goes to show that for some of these people QVC is the only shop in the world. Someone has commented that she wants to buy some vest tops and that she knows that there a quite a few brands to chose from and was looking for recommendations. One of them has said that MW's doing two for £34. 96 at the moment down from £52 (still a ridiculous price and remember, you can't even pick the two colours yourself and there's an extra £3.95 to pay in postage!) and that Kim's are £25 each. Someone else suggested that RL does some nice ones. Not one person has stated the bleedin' obvious - Marks and Spencer, Next , Zara even Primark where you could probably pick up about 6 vest tops for the same price as one of Q's offerings! The only sensible answer came from Nicola who suggested that Q can be a bit expensive, er, No **** Sherlock!!!

Yes saw that question re the vest tops! I got some from Landsend and although a bit more expensive than some they are good quality, like their tee shirts wash and wear well.The blind following of QVC is unbelievable do people not just look at other sources? The old p&p joke seems to go on unnoticed.

What your post tells me about you is that you joined Qurio so you could come on this forum and ridicule and make fun of the people who post on the qurio app. Maybe you should take a long look at yourself before criticising others. Live and let live.

Yes saw that question re the vest tops! I got some from Landsend and although a bit more expensive than some they are good quality, like their tee shirts wash and wear well.The blind following of QVC is unbelievable do people not just look at other sources? The old p&p joke seems to go on unnoticed.
None of your business is it ? You don't know other people's circumstances.

What your post tells me about you is that you joined Qurio so you could come on this forum and ridicule and make fun of the people who post on the qurio app. Maybe you should take a long look at yourself before criticising others. Live and let live.
Wrong - I joined to see what it was all about
Right - Perhaps you should try it too!

Why do people get SO defensive over people pointing out the overpriced clothes on QVC and that there are plenty of other places that do similar,or better products, much cheaper, including free postage,free returns ????
It's not what you say It's the reason and the way it's said. I'm not defensive just think live and let live what does it matter how people spend their money.

Good heavens! I was only commenting that I think it is a shame people don’t look elsewhere and save themselves some money! I have a friend who is kicking herself for getting carried away on QVC and paying the P&P, never to do it again.Do I care how people spend their money?No not at all but any comment is an observation in my opinion it was not rude, or meant to be in any way.

It's not what you say It's the reason and the way it's said. I'm not defensive just think live and let live what does it matter how people spend their money.
It doesn't matter to others how people spend their money but the concern on here is that people are spending money that they don't have and that's when the problems start.

CC

If there was no concern to how people spend their money then who would no care for those who are really struggling at the moment with debts and how to meet their bills.There are many agencies giving advice which are helping those in desperate need.Even if you are not in that situation yourself if you are part of this world you must have an awareness.

I see a few messages on Qurio are mentioning the cost of p&p on QVC, maybe even some of the faithful are seeing the light?
Off subject! Thinking of lights, there are plenty of photos going the rounds today of the Aurora seen here last night as we are ‘up North’.To think I have been wanting to go to the North of Norway to see this spectacle for years, and here they are in the skies above me & I am in bed asleep.

Latest posts

Back