Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Actually I was that so called numpty (****** rude )and I have never posted a review on Qurio just like you I have a look and I thought I would mention to kp about how bad qvc is getting and I mentioned she only came on to encourage spending and not addressing customer concerns stop being bitchy if you dislike it that much don’t look 🤬
Answer is in the question encouraging spending 😂

Answer is in the question encouraging spending 😂
Just take a look back at all your posts you are pulling everyone to bits not a nice word for anyone calling people names and comments on their looks and dress so nasty try being a bit kinder to people it makes you feel better don’t forget what goes round comes round I’m sure a lot of Qurio ladies have seen these horrible comments about them and might be suffering mental health all you are doing is bringing them down more you should be ashamed

Just take a look back at all your posts you are pulling everyone to bits not a nice word for anyone calling people names and comments on their looks and dress so nasty try being a bit kinder to people it makes you feel better don’t forget what goes round comes round I’m sure a lot of Qurio ladies have seen these horrible comments about them and might be suffering mental health all you are doing is bringing them down more you should be ashamed
I think we can all look back at our posts on this thread and on others and recognise that some of them aren't exactly "kind". Personal opinion, I know but I think it's Q who should be ashamed, as it's as clear as day that there are problems within the community, yet they encourage and exploit. I think the best we can do is to treat the people we meet whether in person or on a forum like this with respect. OMS used the word "numpty" and again personal opinion, had I been that "numpty" I'd have simply said "I am that numpty #awkward!" and left it there. I'm sure OMS was not out to upset another forum member, but we can't all have to watch our Ps & Q's just in case.
On to the highlighted bit - are you suggesting, or dare I suggest hoping that a bit of bad karma is on its way? That's neither true, nor "kind". I'm not out to rile you, or disrespect you in any way but I just wanted to state my opinion. We can disagree surely without being personal.

I think we can all look back at our posts on this thread and on others and recognise that some of them aren't exactly "kind". Personal opinion, I know but I think it's Q who should be ashamed, as it's as clear as day that there are problems within the community, yet they encourage and exploit. I think the best we can do is to treat the people we meet whether in person or on a forum like this with respect. OMS used the word "numpty" and again personal opinion, had I been that "numpty" I'd have simply said "I am that numpty #awkward!" and left it there. I'm sure OMS was not out to upset another forum member, but we can't all have to watch our Ps & Q's just in case.
On to the highlighted bit - are you suggesting, or dare I suggest hoping that a bit of bad karma is on its way? That's neither true, nor "kind". I'm not out to rile you, or disrespect you in any way but I just wanted to state my opinion. We can disagree surely without being personal.
Why are you answering this post it wasn’t for you wondering how long it would take for you to poke your nose in she called me a numpty so I have absolutely the right to reply to her not you

Why are you answering this post it wasn’t for you wondering how long it would take for you to poke your nose in she called me a numpty so I have absolutely the right to reply to her not you
Hey now who’s being rude? Keep spreading your kindness and joy 🤩

Firstly stop being rude. Merryone just like all members are free to respond, it is not for you to say who can.

It is not for me to say what is and is not appropriate for people to say on Qurio. As for members here mentioning something said on there, that is fine. The only reason we know something you said has been posted here is due to you saying it was you. Whilst we don't allow personal attacks on fellow forum members on here, people here do not know if someone on Qurio is on here.

Hey Merryone, please don't stop with your posts, I personally love them and look forward to reading them, especially on this thread!! 😂 Go girl, I'm sure you write what a lot of us think. Don't stop. 😘

Just when I thought Qurio couldn't get any worse. HDL (humping dog lady for future reference) has decided to review her Kim & co whilst standing in the fashion floor of John Lewis "Here I am in John Lewis, the clothes are lovely but some of the prices are horrendous" said she sporting an polyester sundress which she paid £54.96 + £4.95 for and knowing that she bought it in both colours by my calculation she spent £119.82 of which £9.90 was postage. I checked out JL website and saw that there was absolutely loads of summer dresses cheaper than hers and around the same price, the difference was the natural fabrics they were made from. She continued saying "QVC keep up your great prices", she thanked the presenters for inspiring her to wear trainers with her dresses, mentioned the great prices again, no hassle, no packing charges. I don't know where she got the last bit from as we all know, free p&p is as rare as hen's teeth over on Q. Maybe she should've go down to JL a bit more often and try on a few things, she may be pleasantly surprised, and if she wants to shop online then if her order is more than £50 the delivery is free, if not then £3.95 is all she'll pay and that is per order, not per item as it is on her beloved Q. This is one brainwashed customer! She has an unhealthy obsession with Kim&co, and I get that she's restricted to Q or Ebay if she wants to continue buying, but please do not go into somebody else's store and slag off their prices and spout absolute nonsense!
How are QVC managing to brainwash people like this?
I don't buy a huge amount of clothes in John Lewis but I know they have a variety of ranges with different prices, some are quite reasonable.

Hollydolly has done a review on a Monsoon romper suit. (That’s its proper name 🙄)

She did a thorough review on it, from all angles, and is returning it because it’s ginormous! She ordered her usual size, but it could accommodate two people or could be used as a tent. I know that QVC often confuse us with the sizing of clothing, but you would hope that a good company like Monsoon would get it right.
I haven't worn a romper suit since I was 4 years old. Wasn't that what Andy Pandy wore? 🤔

It is a real shame if people feel like they can't express their opinions on the forum.
I thought we had moved on from threads becoming toxic enough to be closed, and this one provides some cautionary tales many of us enjoy.
For some the kind of cut and thrust of social media is nothing: it rolls off like water from a duck's back. For others it is extremely upsetting.
I like to see diversity of opinion but none of us is judge, jury and executioner on who can post or on what subject... last I looked it is ok to express a view here. Sazza is very experienced in stepping in when things risk going off the rails, but why generate unnecessary work for our mod?
Nobody expects everyone to agree with them, at least I hope not. Too many people seem to want to inhabit echo-chambers these days and have lost the knack of engaging constructively with those they disagree with and prefer to try and shut down those with differing perspectives. I hope that's not what is happening here.

.....and following on from the last post, Hyacinth "5 wardrobes" Bucket has just bought herself (or should I say the postman's brought her) yet another stretchy, sweaty polyester dress with a big floral design for £48.98 + £3.95 postage - A lot of money for what it is, especially when you've got a million of the bliddy things hanging up in your wardrobe already.(more than likely with the tags still attached) The dress doesn't look bad on her but it's so elasticky, you can literally hear it twang when she pulls at it to show everybody the fit, she's wearing with sandals but said it's no good for the beach- I'd say it's no good for summer full stop like most of Q's sweaty poly/elastane offerings!
One of the BA's for Kim & Co (Jenny?) has repeatedly said that Kim's polyester 'breathes' and that she actually feels cool when wearing it, not at all sweaty or hot. This is rubbish. If the polyester is knitted loosely with air holes as in some sports wear, it can breathe. Otherwise, it cannot. It traps moisture and makes people smelly in hot weather, antiperspirant notwithstanding.

It is a real shame if people feel like they can't express their opinions on the forum.
I thought we had moved on from threads becoming toxic enough to be closed, and this one provides some cautionary tales many of us enjoy.
For some the kind of cut and thrust of social media is nothing: it rolls off like water from a duck's back. For others it is extremely upsetting.
I like to see diversity of opinion but none of us is judge, jury and executioner on who can post or on what subject... last I looked it is ok to express a view here. Sazza is very experienced in stepping in when things risk going off the rails, but why generate unnecessary work for our mod?
Nobody expects everyone to agree with them, at least I hope not. Too many people seem to want to inhabit echo-chambers these days and have lost the knack of engaging constructively with those they disagree with and prefer to try and shut down those with differing perspectives. I hope that's not what is happening here.
Civilized discussion/debate is an art. Absolutely no need to resort to insults if you disagree with another's opinion.

Civilized discussion/debate is an art. Absolutely no need to resort to insults if you disagree with another's opinion.
Agreed, once it starts getting personal, that’s when a debate/ discussion can descend into petty argument. Easier said than done ,but once an insult has been thrown your way, the dignified thing would be to “walk away” and have no more to say on the matter. I appreciate that I didn’t exactly take my own advice back there as I felt the need to “illustrate “ my feelings on the matter. There was no need as it illustrated itself. LATI got it right by suggesting taking a step back. Debate is an art, whereas a name calling ,slanging match is not. Take a step back, and if things are getting nowhere agree to disagree.

Can I just say I am truly sorry if I offended anyone and would like to apologise to meryone and old man steptoe for my outburst I was out of order ,I just saw red when I was called a numpty and should have laughed it off ,I could blame it on the menopause but that would be a cop out just my mouth opening before my brains in gear again I am sorry

Can I just say I am truly sorry if I offended anyone and would like to apologise to meryone and old man steptoe for my outburst I was out of order ,I just saw red when I was called a numpty and should have laughed it off ,I could blame it on the menopause but that would be a cop out just my mouth opening before my brains in gear again I am sorry
Do you know what - bless your heart ❤️ That was brave and honest and I thank you . Apology accepted , it happens, I’ve just actually said it’s easier said than done not to lose it. This response took a lot of guts - you go girl!

Thank you for apologising.

Do you know what - bless your heart ❤️ That was brave and honest and I thank you . Apology accepted , it happens, I’ve just actually said it’s easier said than done not to lose it. This response took a lot of guts - you go girl!
I really am a numpty I am ashamed of myself thank you for excepting my apology I am literally sobbing in my tea x

Latest posts

Back