Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OK Qurio ladies, beat this. I BOUGHT THE BEN DE LISI FRENCH BULLDOG JUMPER FOR FORTY QUID. The orange one.

Actually I really like it and I know it's stupidly expensive but hey ho. I now want someone to come on and say I'm disrespectful because I didn't buy every colour and post a video on Q.

CC

OK Qurio ladies, beat this. I BOUGHT THE BEN DE LISI FRENCH BULLDOG JUMPER FOR FORTY QUID. The orange one.

Actually I really like it and I know it's stupidly expensive but hey ho. I now want someone to come on and say I'm disrespectful because I didn't buy every colour and post a video on Q.

CC
I bought the black one and it is lovely saving it for Christmas Day I wouldn’t have paid full price for it though also cc have you noticed on Qurio there are more and more complaints about receiving used or damaged goods qvc is in its last legs I think and on Qurio fb group lots of complaints x

Another example of "That says it all" Erika's forked out £22 for a set of shabby looking JM tree decorations, that are falling apart with bits of glue hanging off, backed with paper and presented in a brown cardboard box. She's asked for opinions, most are telling her to send them back and demand a full refund and a returns label - The faithful are telling her to keep them, one says use them for xmas then return them, mmm ok but why lose any money whatsoever and another said keep them and glue the stones back in as it's too much hassle to return -Yep, that says it all!

I don't actually watch Qurio as I can't get it on my laptop and I don't have a smartphone/iphone. I only hear about it on here from JoJo and friends and forum members. It sounds to me like there's a bit of showing off going on and "look what I've got" but who am I to talk? I went back for the black dog jumper as well and am keeping it for Christmas. It's not often I find something that I like that much but I know others will think it a waste of money. That's my last purchase (she probably lied). I'm watching more now I'm home and keep seeing things I quite like. When we're at the caravan for 6 months I save a fortune as QVC isn't on the TV there.

CC

I don't actually watch Qurio as I can't get it on my laptop and I don't have a smartphone/iphone. I only hear about it on here from JoJo and friends and forum members. It sounds to me like there's a bit of showing off going on and "look what I've got" but who am I to talk? I went back for the black dog jumper as well and am keeping it for Christmas. It's not often I find something that I like that much but I know others will think it a waste of money. That's my last purchase (she probably lied). I'm watching more now I'm home and keep seeing things I quite like. When we're at the caravan for 6 months I save a fortune as QVC isn't on the TV there.

CC
If you love it and you'll get use out of it then it's not a waste of money at all, but I'm pretty sure if it had turned up in poor state, or you didn't love it as much as you thought you would, you wouldn't keep hold of it for the sake of it - that's wasting money!

Just had a quick look after months away,just the same six or seven people doing multiple videos on rubbish,with a cheerleader 📣 encouraging the others to buy.
If ever something needed to die on it’s a**e this is it,poor Erika send it back it’s sh**e don’t listen to the few.
As a side note what’s happened to cardboard Richard?

Just had a quick look after months away,just the same six or seven people doing multiple videos on rubbish,with a cheerleader 📣 encouraging the others to buy.
If ever something needed to die on it’s a**e this is it,poor Erika send it back it’s sh**e don’t listen to the few.
As a side note what’s happened to cardboard Richard?
Perhaps he's too busy making cardboard things!

‘The postman has just been and brought me this’ who is this kind, generous and thoughtful postman bearing gifts?
Well of course, he's the one employed by the post office to deliver mountains of QVC crap that no one ever needs but they WANT it. It's in clearance, it's for Christmas, it's a TSV, a one time only and a one way ticket to an empty bank account.

CC

Hyacinth is spitting chips cause the Harry Slatkin scent diffusers have not only been reduced by a tenner, they’re giving you double the amount and she’s only had them a few days. I don’t blame her for being pi$$ed off, but will she kick the habit? I bliddy hope so if what she said is true - “three parcels a day, every day - if they lose my custom they’ll know it!” Maybe, Hyacinth, maybe not as I’m pretty damn sure there’s plenty more where you came from, and the worrying thing is that they won’t be shouting it from the rooftops like you do , they’ll be hiding their habits and burying themselves under piles of unopened boxes and final demands. I truly believe that Qurio is compounding people’s problems by glorifying out of control spending , it’s actually rather horrible.

Yes some of the spending is out of control,if that is true three parcels a day is far to much.
But what gets me is the heads up merchants who constantly feed the habit,with 15% off and easy pays,encouraging others to spend because most of them are headless chickens.
I almost think some of the heads up crap is deliberately done,as it is a captive audience they can’t help themselves.
January is going to be a cold and sharp shock to some 🥶

It will be fun when the posties go on strike next week for 4 days and then 6 days coming up to Xmas.

I am getting endless discount emails at the moment for Black Friday and Cyber Monday from different companies. No doubt trying to get the money in before people who have money really tighten their belts.

I have a confession. Yes, I bought something from QVC! I spotted this platinum clad diamonique ring princess cut stones multicoloured cross over a few months back, it was £40! I like it, but not paying that! Damn, it went down to £24 I went the price is right. Strangely it came by evri and not RM. Love it, heavy and broad so lots of silver very sparkly too.

It will be fun when the posties go on strike next week for 4 days and then 6 days coming up to Xmas.

I am getting endless discount emails at the moment for Black Friday and Cyber Monday from different companies. No doubt trying to get the money in before people who have money really tighten their belts.

I have a confession. Yes, I bought something from QVC! I spotted this platinum clad diamonique ring princess cut stones multicoloured cross over a few months back, it was £40! I like it, but not paying that! Damn, it went down to £24 I went the price is right. Strangely it came by evri and not RM. Love it, heavy and broad so lots of silver very sparkly too.
That’s it Donna, you spotted it, and like anyone with a healthy attitude towards spending, something caught your eye. You didn’t like the price and you only bought it when it was reduced to the price you felt it was worth. You don’t spend every minute of every day going through Q’s website with a fine tooth comb trying to find things to spend your money on, and if that’s not enough telling the faithful what they need to be buying - This is not only out of control spending, it’s out of control spending by proxy!
Despite Hyacinth’s angry rant it transpires that she has actually ordered the reduced set of HS fragrances, so she’s now got 2 plug ins and 20 refills!🙀 She also commented that she’s got a £5 voucher that she’s looking forward to using against the forthcoming HS TSV. Even if she has got the money to spend and doesn’t have to worry about food and fuel bills etc , she clearly has issues which have seemed to have gone unnoticed by loved ones. It’s all rather sad really. I hope that her cruse in January will be a “reset” and will make her realise that there’s more to life than QVC as she takes in the sights and sounds of the world!

Hyacinth is spitting chips cause the Harry Slatkin scent diffusers have not only been reduced by a tenner, they’re giving you double the amount and she’s only had them a few days. I don’t blame her for being pi$$ed off, but will she kick the habit? I bliddy hope so if what she said is true - “three parcels a day, every day - if they lose my custom they’ll know it!” Maybe, Hyacinth, maybe not as I’m pretty damn sure there’s plenty more where you came from, and the worrying thing is that they won’t be shouting it from the rooftops like you do , they’ll be hiding their habits and burying themselves under piles of unopened boxes and final demands. I truly believe that Qurio is compounding people’s problems by glorifying out of control spending , it’s actually rather horrible.
Nicola has definitely given up on qvc

Because of the postal strikes, everything from QVC is coming via Evri for the foreseeable, even jewellery. I had cause to ring CS yesterday and that’s what I was told.

Thankfully I’ve never had an issue with Evri/Hermes, but I know a lot of customers do.

There is no way that some of the spending that the Qurio faithful engage in can be described as ‘normal’. If they have a large amount of disposable income would they be shopping at QVC?Where is Nicola getting her Lola fix? I keep getting emails from Nikki&Me her new venture.It seems to push the layering look which by the time you are finished creating ‘your look ‘, the spend will be several £100s

Most retailers have sales, so it’s just bad luck if you buy something then it’s reduced. She could always return the first set and get a refund. Three parcels a day! Where the hell does she put everything in her flat? I do feel Qurio is full of enablers who encourage others to spend. I’ve seen videos of people wearing the most unflattering garments, but still the faithful tell them how lovely they look. I wouldn’t want to tell someone they looked bad, but I couldn’t lie and say they looked great.

Latest posts

Back