qvc addiction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ive started watching aprogramme called spendaholics....how much in debt those people are i would never sleep again......its slowed me down a lot so a sort of starting point if you like for AA or QVCA.......:54:

There is a programme called spendaholics on BBC 3. I don't kinow if that is the one that you are talking about?

There are some repeats showing on several days at 04:40 and the next programmes are at 19:00 on the 10th, 13th, 15th and 16th October.

I used to be like this but cured myself a few years back.

QVC bores me a heck of al ot of the time, I usually put it on if I am doing something online for a bit of noise.:11::11::11:

A lot of their jewellery is the same old same old, the beauty is like that now too.
I love my Smashbox TSV or Elemis/L'Occitane depending what is in it.

I found ebay a few years back and saved a fortune on many products sold on QVC. Last big deal was a Morganite ring sold on QVC for £96 plus shipping, I got it on ebay brand new for £35.77!!!! Bought the new Elemis Pro Quartz mask on ebay from a seller I have used before. Half the QVC price and even got my free sample, oh and it arrived the new day too with cheaper shipping than QVC would charge.

I think my wake up call was when the credit card went a few years back. Before it was just buy it and not think, now its debit card and if no money in for fancy buying then its not done.

There is a programme called spendaholics on BBC 3. I don't kinow if that is the one that you are talking about?

There are some repeats showing on several days at 04:40 and the next programmes are at 19:00 on the 10th, 13th, 15th and 16th October.

bless you.....i hope thats the one....a few people are wanting to know & i was somewhat dizzy last night looking to try & find it.....& yes BBC 3 could be a yes for us to watch....

Skys A to Z only shows 24hrs in advance you have to go to all programes and search on the day and time which is much more time consuming and annoying, if you can find it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.:1:

wow..........boy do i need to get some techie info from you guys......took me ages to find nothing........come on here & et voila anyway some othe rkind peep has said bbc 3 hope that helps

Its definately addictive and its the first thing i do each day is look online at the news then to see what the tsv and hotpicks are. I buy so much stuff and would save a fortune if i stopped looking. There was a show on tv ages ago , maybe Sally Jessy or one of those, which had American women who were in debt up to their eyeballs and you couldnt move in their houses for stuff they were totally addicted.
My bedroom is starting to look like the warehouse in Liverpool lately , with so much stuff :53::22:

What a lovely phrase Boffy - 'sort the sense from the nonsense'. What we have to remember is that QVC is an expensive store...it isn't Aldi or Costco or TK MAxx. So it is a 'privilege' to purchase from here. (Most people don't have access to it) ... It is easy to get sucked in, but it is fun getting the odd parcel...now where is my handbag????

That's very true Ringtree! I got suckered into buying a few things at birthday prices last week. Came to my senses when they arrived and have returned most of it as it it will gather dust (and I want to splurge on the LE site).

I get all my stuff off ebay now loads cheaper from crazy people who buy 2 sets and then realise they don`t need 2 of everything. I did just have my Dallas Blusher arrive though and its gorgeous :22:

hey this site is addictive, but in a great way, i am at the stage of thinking 'what if i miss out on something great' from the QVC angle.

i have seen the shopping addicts programmes and banks of mum and dad, i think on bbc3 or bbc prime, and this made me think about the shopping addiction over gambling, because no on these progs mention gambling additions (or drink come to that) for being in the state they are in, it usually focuses around shopping, mobile phones or eating out.

i think it would be a good idea if qvc and other online shopping sites had the function to limit spends per month, as most gam sites do.

Just a thought :33:

Lol i have got to the stage now where i find programmes about leaving the rat race and growing your own have started to appeal, maybe i have become aware of how 'must have now' materialistic i have become and don't like it.

i think of how my mum struggled to keep us afloat, yet was content without luxuries, and i soemhow think it is my right to have them cos i work hard. lol if i worked as hard as my mother did in the 50's and 60's i would not have time to join forums or watch qvc.

Also sad from my point of view i know all the names of qvc presenters, but i do not know my neighbours names after a year of living next to them

I agree the forum is just as addictive. Along with many others. My hubby thinks I am mad to be not only watching qvc but a member of the forum.

The other night whilst watching Strictly dancing they mentioned their forum and he said 'oh look another forum' - I said yes I know I have already joined - he just shook his head!!!

Thankyou very much

Addiction out of control

Hi
i have just locked the shopping chanels on my sky box, i need to get a grip. I could still enter the pin but it will give me a chance to say NO not today!

This thread made me think and i am just using 640 QVC as company and enjoy it when i WIN another great deal etc. I always stay up until 1am to get the TSV first look, I just don'r need this stuff...does anyone else worry about their habit ?????

I have just read through the comments on this thread and I can relate to so many of them. I have qvc stuff stashed in cupboards, stuff I don't really need. I slowed down when I had a call from qvc asking why my return rate was just under 50%. I've also moved a tv out of the bedroom, that stops me from checking tsv's first thing in the morning. I only tuned into qvc in the first place because there didn't seem to be anything else on the telly, I would flick over during the many advert breaks and I suddenly realised that qvc is one long advert break with easy ordering. I'm much pickier now and restrict my spending.
I'd like to see qvc change and become a bit more 'real' and give the presenters a bit of slack but since it is a winning formula I doubt they'll change it now.
Another tip is watch it with the sound down, it is amazing how persuasive the presenters are! :)

Over the last few years I do not know how much I have spent with QVC but it is a lot. Mostly beauty products but some jewellery and birkis and kipling. I don't need any of it and more than half of it is unused because I have bought something else that I think will work better. I love the thrill of opening my parcels when they arrive and hiding the from OH. I must admit that due to the same old stuff they seem to be churning out these days my spending has reduced dramatically. I do turn on QVC first thing to see the TSV's but usually it's not worth tuning in again for the rest of the day.

Well i love qvc. I used 2 buy alot of jewellery but now i have alot i dont. I buy liz earle because my skin would be awful if i didnt as the past proves. I buy l'occitane hand cream as i get very dry hands i dont like cheaper ones. I use the shower gels which are an unnessary luxury but a half litre last me 8 months so its not 2 bad. The body lotion again i love,i have used cheaper ones like next and my skin gets irritated. I have also since the last tsv started to buy ojon which has made a big difference. Same goes 4 laura geller. I use nails inc products which are a luxury. I can justify alot of what i buy but with most of it unless its a tsv set thats cheap i dont buy. I would pay full price for liz earle but thats it. How did i do?!

I also worked out how much I'd spent on QVC in the last 5 years, and was horrified. So I took some drastic action and cut right back on ordering from them after receiving a few used/faulty items that were totally unacceptable. Now, I only order stuff like Laura Geller TSVs or other beauty TSVs that I like the look of, and nothing else. My skincare like Liz Earle and A'kin I buy cheaper elsewhere.

The last week or so I've found that my spending with them is creeping up again, so am going to have to be strong and stop it as I just don't have the funds :( . I don't think I could stop watching altogether as I do find it comforting and entertaining to watch. If I really don't want to spend I just put Ideal World on which reminds me about terrible customer service, wasted money on phone calls and cheap nasty goods ;)

I find it a "thrill" to see what the TSV is !, I used to wait up until midnight just to press the red button and see what the bargain section offers :happy:, I get annoyed when they have not updated the site just after midnight.
I will often just leave QVC on the telly when I am cleaning, ironing etc.
I have bought lots of things as I have fallen for the sales pitch, I have looked around the house and the only QVC bought product I can see is my Northern Nights set which is on my bed as we speak :wink2:, where are all the other things I have bought ???? (probably at the back of the cupboard, or in the local Oxfam shop !).
I used to buy gold Diamonique but at the prices they wany now , I will stick to diamonds !.
As for all the plants I have bought, most of them are just twigs or have rotted away, so much for all Richards comments about being easy to grow :wonder2::devil:...
I am a QVC addict but slowly but surely I am becoming cured :happy:

I have just reread this thread after the one about Shopping Channel Anonymous and posted there that while I still have to watch the TSV launch I am really sucked in by free P&P.

When I discoverd QVC 5 yrs ago, all was new to me and I got sucked in the sales pitch too many times....
I still buy but only when I really need it and it is good value, mainly a beauty TSV. At the moment I only have the solar lights on waitlist which were a TSV and are fab.
But QVC is getting so boring, not only same brands, but the same products and desciptions ....yawn!
At least I don't think anyone here came in so much trouble buying from QVC as this lady lol http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_132304.asp
or this is funny
http://womanwhotalkedtoomuch.blogspot.com/2008/01/qvc.html

I'm also one of those who has a stack of beauty products, a box of moisturisers I've been trying to use up for months (all different brands); that's why I refused to be tempted by the Liz Earle one recently after I made up my mind a while ago not to buy unless I needed it! What gets me is when they say you're paying for this or that full sized item and the rest is a giveaway. The Elemis TSV last week is a good example, I would like to try the gel but not all three in the range so I will spend the same money and just get what I want, probably a bigger bottle of just the one I will use.

All these £30 and £40 add up and I'm not doing it any more.

Latest posts

Back