QVC Bulk returns. Can I do this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
I want to return both the Lola Rose TSV and the matching ring. I'm going to do it under the DSR to get my original postage refunded but I don't want to return 2 separate padded envelopes with 2 sets of recorded delivery postage (only way to ensure a prompt refund). The return postcode is the same on both return labels so can't see why I can't shove both into a large padded envelope and pay one lot of recorded delivery postage. I've not rung QVC to ask as I expect they'll say it has to be returned individually. Has anyone experience of this?

No, they won't let you, I know as I once wanted to do this and called C S to ask them. they told me that it is because they read the bar code of each return and this is on the return address label you stick on the padded envelope. Annoying and expensive. Phone them tho in case they have changed this as it was a few years ago that I spoke to them about this.

I can not see why I have to be governed by their returns policy, it is not mine, and in the interest of recycling I have returned a couple of things in one package. Just make sure you get proof of postage and have both item no on it, at the worst if the package goes missing they tell you they do not like you to return both in one package, but as far as I am concerned that is their problem, not mine

No, they won't let you, I know as I once wanted to do this and called C S to ask them. they told me that it is because they read the bar code of each return and this is on the return address label you stick on the padded envelope. Annoying and expensive. Phone them tho in case they have changed this as it was a few years ago that I spoke to them about this.

The last couple of times I've put multiple items in one envelope but put the extra items into their own sealed envelopes - with the relevant return label and therefore bar codes on the front - and put these into the main envelope.

Seems to have worked ok for me - not sure I would do it for items with return addresses for different departments.

That's what I was thinking of doing - putting both padded envelopes in the same big envelope with their returns labels affixed to each padded envelope

If you have multiple items to return to the same postcode ask at the PO about Parcelforce 48hour consignment: each parcel travels separately (but in their sack) together with the other items so QVC are happy, the service is trackable (like recorded delivery) and you can specify a higher insurance cover for more valuable items (like special delivery). Most of the time the PF consignment cost will be far less than the recorded delivery (or even standard delivery). My all time record was 12 parcels (oh the shame) but they only cost about £14.50 in total to return. And all the refunds were processed within a week. HTH.

Jude xx

I tried returning two items together once, in their separate packages with return labels but posted in one large envelope. One package for some reason was never scanned in and I had a terrible kerfuffle trying to claim for the lost item as I had only one proof of posting receipt. They warned me not to do this again or they wouldn't refund me. I don't think QVC want to make it easier for us to return stuff.

I've sent things back in the same envelope, but put both returns labels on the envelope, so they could scan them both when receiving. Has worked fine.

Maybe this isn't the same but I ordered two Lola Rose bracelets on the same day (gold sandstone and blue sandstone). Didn't want to keep them so I returned them, each in their original shipping bag, re-sealed. Then I put them both in a clean but used plastic mailer that I turned inside out, sealed and hand labeld. Got a prompt refund from CS-returns in a few days. No problem for me and I have done that a couple of times when the chance presented itself including when I ordered items on different days. I just made certain that I emailed CS within the 7 days about a return under DSR and also posted within the allotted time as well ... (7 days later I believe).

All I can say is that you've never had a strip torn off you by a CS agent like I did a couple of years ago.

I was told that at busy times they do not open e packages, but scan only the return postage label for refunds and check later that the goods inside are correct.

I was told that they require items to be posted separately and these were their Terms and Conditions for returning items. I was further told that if I continued to return items in this way then they could not guarantee that I would be refunded for all items included, only for the one label that was scanned.

So I dont do it. Presumably if I do I'll be taken out and shot at dawn...

Tvs

All I can say is that you've never had a strip torn off you by a CS agent like I did a couple of years ago.

I was told that at busy times they do not open e packages, but scan only the return postage label for refunds and check later that the goods inside are correct.

I was told that they require items to be posted separately and these were their Terms and Conditions for returning items. I was further told that if I continued to return items in this way then they could not guarantee that I would be refunded for all items included, only for the one label that was scanned.

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. They made me feel as if I'd committed a crime!!

So I dont do it. Presumably if I do I'll be taken out and shot at dawn...

Tvs

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. I'm too scared to try it again!!

I have also had immense trouble getting a refund for an item that was never scanned as I had included it with another to return.

Now when I send things back I always stick every returns label for each item on the outside envelope, with all returns going to the same address. So far so good.

I guess because I type my own returns label for the outside main mailer (the address given on their returns label-all items inside from the jewellery dept) CS returns have to open the bag to scan bar code on the individual bags inside. There's nothing to scan on the outer bag. I wouldn't want them to be confused by putting only on barcoded label on the main outer bag.

So far no problems but am still waiting for a credit for one item returned in the normal way. Returned 7 days ago but haven't got the email saying "the item is safely back in their warehouse". Usually I get that pretty quickly ... 3-4 days later.

And a Lola Rose bracelet didn't come in today's post so now it's 7 days since despatched (according to the online account). Dread calling CS.

:sad:

I always return things in one big bag. I wrap each thing up separately in it's own jiffy bag and then put all the bags into a bigger bag or box, with a label on the front of where to return it. The department is not essential, in my experience. I then nip down to the Post Office and use special delivery, which is usually no more than £6. It can be cheaper than sending things individually, but mainly, I use that method, because EVERY TIME I have done so, I get my refund dealt with that same day they receive it. No waiting around for 21 days. It's also all insured and hassle free. I have never been told I can't do it that way and will continue, as I will not wait their usual times for a refund!

Latest posts

Back