QVC in decline?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm, interesting. As far as Kim is concerned, I can't see that qvc are squeezing her and causing a decline in quality. Sleeveless tops nudging £50 seems a more than healthy price that should deliver very good quality. If the quality is down could there be another reason? Maybe she has had some bad deliveries that slipped under the radar or maybe the higher price/lower quality is to cover all the unsold goods, in which case she'll soon go into a spiral of decline. The whole Kim thing is odd - a Canadian company who's only customer seems to be qvc. I wonder if they are one and the same and how it all came about. Maybe taxes are lower in Canada.

I think in some ways QVC is in decline for some but as I've said elsewhere QVC chases new customers and they have enough coming in at the top to cover those who have fallen out of love with the concept and the reality. In hard cash terms they have bucked the retail trend in the past few years where many "bricks" retailers have struggled and even "clicks" retailers haven't had it easy.

QVC has changed in the past 2/3 years and isn't what it once was but I think that's about them surviving rather than declining as far as the bottom line is concerned. And like every other retailer, they are driven by the bottom line.

I don't think the quality of Kim's clothes has necessarily decreased, however, the price has definitely increased. Tops that used to be £20 are now pushing £50. Dresses that used to be £30 are now pushing £70. I only buy now if I see something I REALLY like. I have not increased in size but I now need a medium whereas all my old smalls still fit perfectly - skimping on fabric to save money perhaps?

CC

I only thought this recently. The TSV's have gone down, look at today's for instance, ridiculous. Just a handful of brands being trawled out time and time again. Our delivery man will be wondering what has happened to me.

I said QVC are the Harrods of shopping telly meaning they're an expensive place to shop............that's were the resemblance ends.

To watch QVC, after coming in from work, would be akin to a busman's holiday for me, as I work in sales. The last way I want to spend my leisure time, is watching presenters try to sell. And I do mean TRY! Even if I didn't, I would not be a more frequent viewer. I am not a spontaneous shopper - I don't like spending money on myself - anyway, but if I do buy from the Q (can't recall my last purchase) it is for skincare (good price for Elemis), or Chaz Dean. I bought the WEN on AD, and have bottles of the stuff. (note to self : don't do AD again). I do like the 30 day MBG, when applied to PCs, and the like, technology, etc. Generically, I buy nowhere near the volume of items that I once did,and even then, I was not a prolific spender with the channel.

I hardly buy anything from QVC now. The only reason for this is that so few worthwhile TSVs are on easy pay now. I would religiously buy the beauty TSVs from the top brands, but I haven't bought anything for months. My monthly payments to QVC used to be about £30 a month, and that would be on a couple of TSVs, now nothing. I really wanted the Tarte TSV, but couldn't afford it as no easy pay. I think QVC need to remember that the reason some of us buy from them is the easypay system, not all of us can afford £60 in one payment for some face creams, whereas £20 x 3 is a bit easier to swallow (and hide from the hubby).

I am pleased to see that I am not the only one who is finding QVC very boring atm. I would say that I don't watch the channel for more than the odd half hour each day. I think they are missing me ....as I get an email most days telling me what is coming up, saying they don't want me to miss out on the great value, and the tsv's that I can buy in advance. I very rarely look at IW nowadays, and QVC is going the same way.

Despite me being a shopper for the past 12 years, it was never about the 30 dmbg - as I know on sight whether something will 'work' for me, I don't need 4 weeks to try out a handbag, wear a top or a piece of jewellery, if its not what I want it goes back in the packaging and returned. If there is a problem with the product then any company will exchange or refund, so Q isn't any different on that front. But I do resent the cost to me of returning packages when other firms enclose a reply paid label for returns.

Its not their website that needs an overhaul, Q needs to close down its operations completely for refurbishment !!!!!

What annoys me is this sticking something extra in with some of the products as though they are doing you a favour most people just want the product at a reasonable price without extras plus the added advantage it stops that awful man Simon Biaggi saying and you get, and you get, and you get.

He's been taking lessons from Peter Simon at IW!!

I have shopped since the beginning, have on with volume off these days, used to have on with sound most of day. Used to buy lots of beauty TSV's, but now rarely buy. Love gardening but can't even avoid Richard Jackson featured in one of the garden magazines, he spouts the same blurb year in and year out, had different types of strawberries and never even had enough for a bowl full, forget the kilos+ he claims. Had more from mini grow bags that are less than £6 from local farm shop.

I really don't get the appeal of buying clothes from QVC. They're very expensive with p&p charged per item and returns aren't free. IMHO the clothes are rubbish as well in terms of design. Since losing over 5 stone and now a size 16-18 (I still have more to lose), there is so much choice out there online and on the dreaded high street at the QVC price point. I'm talking about White Stuff, Boden, Joules and The White Company. They're getting my money at the moment and the quality of clothes far exceeds the polyester crap QVC is so fond of flogging. Joules and TWC do free click & collect or Collect Plus, and Boden sends me codes for free postage. All arrive well within 48 hours of ordering. Returns are free. Joules are absolutely fab in that returns from online purchases are processed in store (I'm lucky to have one 5 miles away) and refund is done immediately back to your payment card. None of this QVC rubbish of waiting a week for it to arrive, to find the sizing is wonky and some ghastly pure polyester get-up, and then waiting weeks for the refund to be processed by QVC after several calls to the "award-winning" call centre chasing a refund, waiting for a "lost item" form to arrive in the post and then having to return that too at your own expense. Truly, QVC are in the retail dark ages and show no signs of joining the 21st century. Needless to say QVC are getting very little of my money these days.

Well done on your weight loss Flamenco! I know how hard it is, and what a long slog it can be to get the results you're looking for, so I salute your perseverence and success.

I agree that you can find great quality elsewhere, and get better service.

Personally, I've had some lovely dresses from QVC which were better for me than what's on the high street - sometimes having less choice makes it easier to find what you want!

Hear, hear, well done Flamenco, keep it up. Due to my size, - anything between 18 - 22 , in the past there has always been a dearth of clothes for me on the High Street. QVC did up their game when they started selling dresses, especially maxis, and I have a few in my wardrobe - however, yes they have gone stale now particularly the constant stretchy polyester/elastene fabric, purely because its easier for the designers to make so many without zips and buttons.

Because Q is an American company - don't we all know that the U.S have ALWAYS been behind the times, so hardly surprising that they haven't caught up with modern shopping methods in the U.K. Great swathes of America no doubt have ladies glued to their TV's who have to travel 75 miles plus to get to any decent shopping centres, so Q is probably their shopping God out there.

well the teeny tiny l'occitane tsv is a rip raoring sucess. thousands will be sold by the end of the day. no sign of qvc in decline profitwise

well the teeny tiny l'occitane tsv is a rip raoring sucess. thousands will be sold by the end of the day. no sign of qvc in decline profitwise

I reckon this is a small volume TSV so they can hail it as a success. Alexis and Debbie (on the repeat) were saying lots of sets selling well - not raving about TSV going off like a rocket. I think that's significant.

I'm an Elemis devotee but NOT from Q. I get it from timetospa.co.uk who don't charge p & p. Anything that's not on the website I buy from Harvey Nicks. I used to dread shopping there as some of the staff can be so snotty. However, the elemis staff have got to know me and the last time I made a purchase I walked away with nearly double the amount I'd spent in freebies! I was offered 4 freebies so I opted for 4 x 7 days supply of Bliss Capsules. I was well pleased.

Latest posts

Back