QVC vs Wax Addicts website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
I noticed today that all reference to QVC Yankee shows and TSVs have been removed from this site. According to Wax Addicts, QVC now have issues with the way they promote the YC shows, which they have done for four years, they say for free. So that seems rather odd to me and a pain because it was a useful reference point. But so what if the customers like it!

Obviously there are two sides to every argument, but I have always found that Wax Addicts simply listed the shows and showed the contents of the TSVs . I never read any comments on or criticism of the Q on there. So hypersensitive perhaps???!!!!!! Control freakery rising to the surface?

:mysmilie_59:

I noticed today that all reference to QVC Yankee shows and TSVs have been removed from this site. According to Wax Addicts, QVC now have issues with the way they promote the YC shows, which they have done for four years, they say for free. So that seems rather odd to me and a pain because it was a useful reference point. But so what if the customers like it!

Obviously there are two sides to every argument, but I have always found that Wax Addicts simply listed the shows and showed the contents of the TSVs . I never read any comments on or criticism of the Q on there. So hypersensitive perhaps???!!!!!! Control freakery rising to the surface?

:mysmilie_59:

Reckon it's cos they were big Steven Corfield fans, Q probably wanted to shut that down ASAP :mysmilie_17:

Well perhaps. But they didn't have a forum where everyone bemoaned the loss of Steven did they? And they don't mention him now..... Unless there is a section I'm not seeing (always possible). I thought things like the petition to reinstate him were all Twitter based. Anyway, if taken at face value, I just think it makes QVC look very petty. Why the @@@@ would they be bothered?

Well perhaps. But they didn't have a forum where everyone bemoaned the loss of Steven did they? And they don't mention him now..... Unless there is a section I'm not seeing (always possible). I thought things like the petition to reinstate him were all Twitter based. Anyway, if taken at face value, I just think it makes QVC look very petty. Why the @@@@ would they be bothered?

They had a page called "We miss Steven Corfield" - been made inactive now of course, but still shows up in a search

We miss Steven Corfield.JPG

Q are losing the plot - as you say, Wax Addicts was a reliable source of info for YC fans and gave Q publicity, madness!

qvc dont mention when presenters leave or sadly if someone dies in my experience so no surprises there

I find it really disgusting that they totally wipe out any memory or reference to former brand ambassadors!! I know Lenny died but don't know why Ralph disappeared!! He was mentioned in passing the other day but it was completely ignored by the presenter!!

I find it really disgusting that they totally wipe out any memory or reference to former brand ambassadors!! I know Lenny died but don't know why Ralph disappeared!! He was mentioned in passing the other day but it was completely ignored by the presenter!!
Apparently Ralph Rossini sold the company so is no longer involved with Honora

They had a page called "We miss Steven Corfield" - been made inactive now of course, but still shows up in a search

View attachment 15207

Q are losing the plot - as you say, Wax Addicts was a reliable source of info for YC fans and gave Q publicity, madness!

I agree, pathetic. Why don't they all club together and get a life size wax model of him made in Madame Tussauds out of his favourite smell, then the die hards will have a wax "Yankee" SC permanently, two birds an' all that, if there's any money left over, they could also have one made of his potty mouthed partner too, made with his favourite smell "eau de turd". :mysmilie_17:

I agree, pathetic. Why don't they all club together and get a life size wax model of him made in Madame Tussauds out of his favourite smell, then the die hards will have a wax "Yankee" SC permanently, two birds an' all that, if there's any money left over, they could also have one made of his potty mouthed partner too, made with his favourite smell "eau de turd". :mysmilie_17:

This is a brilliant idea. I can see it with his flowing locks & matchy-matchy Chuntley glasses. The partner's one should have it's hands tied behind it's back to show that it's not sending out dodgy comments.

QVC seem unable to appreciate the £££ value of the free publicity they get from sites like Wax Addicts. They'd have to spend a load of money for the advertising and I bet they never had to send out lavish sets for the publicity.

This is a brilliant idea. I can see it with his flowing locks & matchy-matchy Chuntley glasses. The partner's one should have it's hands tied behind it's back to show that it's not sending out dodgy comments.

Yes, you could put Chuntley there too "hear no evil" (won't hear a bad word said about QVC) SC "see no evil" (just won't accept what his partner did was wrong) and potty mouth "speak no evil" (well I think that ship has well and truly sailed)

They had a page called "We miss Steven Corfield" - been made inactive now of course, but still shows up in a searich

TBH I can't see that this would be SC related. I had forgotten the SC support page but that was ages ago. So last year, don't you know!

TBH I can't see that this would be SC related. I had forgotten the SC support page but that was ages ago. So last year, don't you know!

Think you're right, this is from the Wax Addicts blog :mysmilie_17:

Some changes regarding our QVCuk pages
By Wax Addicts, Jan 29 2018 01:14PM
Many of you visit our dedicated QVCuk web pages for information on upcoming shows and TSV details etc

We've been promoting Yankee Candle on QVCuk for over 4 years (for free) and sadly QVCuk now seem to have issues with this so we've removed all the QVCuk pagesfrom our website.

So where will you get your information from now? Well if there is anything major interesting we'll update you via our Twitter page

Most of QVCuk Yankee Candle products are now made in the Czech Republic which means they have lost the appeal of many customers who wanted a truly USA made product.

If you also promote Yankee Candle on QVCuk to thousands of readers be aware, they may just take issue with infromation dating back to 2015 that included prices, highlighting how with there shocking overcharging on P&P their 'amazing' offers actually arn't as good as they seem!

We do wish the Yankee Candle presenters all the best for the future, Sadly we can't help promote your shows anymore.

I wish we could draw a line under the Stephen incident and not mention it again*. He's had is 15 minutes in the limelight and he blew it.

QVC will take any free publicity for the lines they sell, whether it's from links on here or other sites. But other companies use QVC to raise their profile - those beauty brands that stay only a year on QVC to boost their visibility in an over-crowded market place. Wax Addicts and other candle retailers probably see a surge in sales of fragrances featured on QVC. If I have candles, make up, nail varnish etc to flog on ebay I list them around a TSV day. The problem with shopping channels is folk perceive them as providing a service or have expectations beyond those they'd have from a shop.

*I'm not restricting folk's freedom of speech

I agree it is a two-way street, and surely that's why it works. There's no point otherwise... QVC can get a bit more "on trend" and "edgy" with their brand offerings without making a major commitment (unless it takes of wildly, as NIOD and The Ordinary have). The brands get the sort of exposure, and ability to shift big volumes that they don't have the infrastructure to achieve alone. It then brings them to the attention of other retailers (there seems almost a symbiosis between QVC and Marks & Spencer) so if QVC is not a spectacular success, or the level of discount isn't sustainable, the brand doesn't lose all the gain it made by being on QVC in the first place.

Back to the YC point - I actually walked past the YC shop at Brent Cross last night. Thanks to the last TSV I've already got and had a good sniff of the spring quartet, and while they are nice, I don't need them in a larger configuration.

I'm very interested to see that the source of many of the QVC offerings is actually the Czech Republic rather than the USA. This could be why the fragrance experience for the exact same fragrance is not the same.

I'm sure the Wax Addicts point which really hits the nail on the head is the one about having a record of the pricing hikes, particularly on the p&p front which is a very sore bone of contention, particularly here at shopping telly!

Latest posts

Back