Really????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
A while before lockdown I bought this bracelet - that' s just been aired, exactly the same thing. Well, there are two differences, it has a "new" tag attached to it, and oh yes, the price, a copper short of £80 ! mine was a lot less than half this amount !

I've tried to look back on my Orders, but the system only goes back to August last year.

I also saw yesterday that faux peridot rings were being offered at the price I remember paying for REAL peridots in 9ct gold back in the day. Also in a magazine I saw one company pricing "vermeil gold" - gold covered silver, in hundreds of pounds !!! the world's gone mad !

I’ve learned from bargain hunt that a gold brooch can sell for £30 but a plastic one can get 3 times more. Strange old world.

I’ve learned from bargain hunt that a gold brooch can sell for £30 but a plastic one can get 3 times more. Strange old world.
Too often these days precious metal jewellery only seems to be worth the value of the metal and any gems... nothing for the age and design of the item.
Valuation has devolved to the crooks who break up pieces and just go for the metal and gems.

SORRY ! in my haste to get the thread started I omitted to put the jewellery I was referring to. It was this................ and despite it being actually very nice and I wear it a lot, I would never pay 80 quid or even close for it.

That one is new to Q, is listed as new arrival so maybe the one you bought was a different one?

Well, tbh to my eye its exactly the same - same diamonique tennis bracelet setting on jewellers elastic ! how much could that design be different ? except the price.

bracelet.jpg

The link you posted was to a 12ct bracelet but there is an older one of 5ct which sold for £30 odd pounds

Ok, I'll give you that. But I'll stick with mine - paying an extra £50 for another 7ct when they look virtually the same on the wrist, makes me think I'm glad I bought mine when I did ☺️

Yes, its referred to as "mid-century" now 🤭 🤭

I'll never forget many years ago when A.R did a few turns in other countries. There was one in Jamaica and some chap in a floral shirt pitched up with a shiny brown teapot - he was disappointed at being told they were mass produced and so worth nothing.

SORRY ! in my haste to get the thread started I omitted to put the jewellery I was referring to. It was this................ and despite it being actually very nice and I wear it a lot, I would never pay 80 quid or even close for it.

It’s a nice bracelet and I know stretch is handy if you struggle to fasten it on yourself, but for £80 I would expect a catch!

Latest posts

Back